User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default if god was a designer, he did a poor job

bible says that god was a creator for everything and that he knows everything.

if it were true, how the heck could he make mistake this big? this kinda proves that god is either short sighted, stupid, or that he didnt design us. either way, what bible says about god must be false.

one thing i dont understand people who believe in bible, many things in it has been proven wrong, but still people keep on believing in it. there is few things that those people do, ignore the facts, try to explain these things with ridiculous arguments like "god created dinosaur bones to test our faith", or just are unable to question things that are said about god, even tho the view to the bible has changed completely.

id like to hear what people who believe in bible have to say about laryngeal nerve.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/LeoninRalAziraan/1287791745244.jpg
    but its amusing when people try to explain something that doesent make any sense

but i could see those people just ignoring this thing like they tend to do with most the things that make sense and is against their believes
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrent_laryngeal_nerve

Evidence of evolution

The extreme detour of this nerve in giraffes (fifteen feet further than the 'direct' route of a designer) is cited as evidence of evolution as opposed to intelligent design. [1] However, the existence of fibres innervating other structures such as the Cardiac plexus along its length gives reason other than purely an evolutionary blunder for the seemingly nonsensical route.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

the biblical god has already been nullified by its own doing, so that's really not a fair fight. What about a deistic god/simpler idea of god?

MBTI
    ENTP

God from the bible does not exist. You cannot convince the bible believers that God doesn't exist, you just can't.
    However we do not know what lies outside of our universe. Is it just one big ball expanding, or one of many balls expanding.
    If the universe is limited there might just be something outside of it. But I'm pretty sure it's not some guy with a beard that created us after his own looks, that's ridiculous. Looking down from the clouds.

I wonder who wrote the bible......
    However I do believe that the bible has served it's purpose in the past, uniting people, conditioning their behavior a little. I mean...1800 years ago there were no forensics, the odds of catching murderers was pretty slim, so some people may actually have not killed or stolen or whatever, because they feared god. Although most killers do not care about God.
    The bible also kept families together. And made people better (the ones who believed)

It was a brilliant idea (that was abused a little), and I believe that it's obsolete now.

I find it amusing that people are allowed to go to heaven or hell, but animals are not. If the rest of the life on Earth dies it just dies. If a human being dies something magical happens...gee.. that's awesome.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I find it amusing that people are allowed to go to heaven or hell, but animals are not. If the rest of the life on Earth dies it just dies. If a human being dies something magical happens...gee.. that's awesome.
    Humans are approximately 1% different from chimpanzees genetically. It's amazing where that 1% more can get us.

The Bible makes God sound like some sort of insecure INxJ asshole who has the mentality of a child who likes to mess little ants just because he can. I don't buy it. All primates evolved from squirrel-like creatures, including us.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

bible says that god was a creator for everything and that he knows everything.

if it were true, how the heck could he make mistake this big? this kinda proves that god is either short sighted, stupid, or that he didnt design us. either way, what bible says about god must be false.

one thing i dont understand people who believe in bible, many things in it has been proven wrong, but still people keep on believing in it. there is few things that those people do, ignore the facts, try to explain these things with ridiculous arguments like "god created dinosaur bones to test our faith", or just are unable to question things that are said about god, even tho the view to the bible has changed completely.

id like to hear what people who believe in bible have to say about laryngeal nerve.
    Methinks you take things too literally.

And what does the laryngeal nerve have to do with the price of tea in China anyway?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    The Bible makes God sound like some sort of insecure INxJ asshole who has the mentality of a child who likes to mess little ants just because he can.
    God is an INTJ. That's why He ignores your prayers.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think the title of this thread should have been named, "Irrefutable proof that the glass really is half empty."
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com