User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Thread: Loving God?

I think Sassa has more than a right to say what he thinks anyway because it genuinely IS what he thinks

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by hungrypossum View Post
    I think Sassa has more than a right to say what he thinks anyway because it genuinely IS what he thinks
    I totally agree.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Now, I'm a medical student right... and...(MEDICAL ESTP STUDENT WHOO!) I have never failed to look in awe at my anatomy and physiology textbook of 1300 pages, and marvel at stuff like "scientists are still researching the purpose of the ganglion", "scientists have erred and discovered calcitonin is also produced in the thymus".... Science in fact, is just a study of how things in the world are. They have tried to figure out what light is and changed their classification of it over 13 times! But they still have no idea what it is that makes our body move. Could it be... a soul? What keeps the soul alive? What are emotions? Are they are response to something? What is the feeling... of guilt? Joy?

You know, we have 100 billion neurons in our head!! Indeed we are wonderfully and beautifully made. HOW DARE SOCIETY tell us we are nothing more than monkeys,N.

University of Melbourne!

The newest 2008 Melbourne Model!

I'm doing Masters of Nursing science

My current textbook is anatomy and physiology by thibodeau Its semester one and we start in march!
    Sweetheart, you are not in medical school, and isn't deliberately lying considered a sin?

Master of Nursing Science, School of Nursing, University of Melbourne

Do you know what science is? How it works?

Are you familiar with the theory of evolution?

What was the last science course you've taken, and when???

Though I don't like children or animals.
    Interesting...

I feel that Christianity caters to both the intellectually devoid, and, or the morally depraved, to individuals who feel the need to "fake" their niceness to be socially accepted, that, or follow in the footsteps of more or less fictitious icons, rather than actually thinking for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    The obvious is... You believe in GOD.
    Uh, no?

I believe He created you, but you don't have to follow or understand Him. If you want to be a bitter, little man... be my guest. *shrugging shoulders* You'll get what you want, and it doesn't mean a thing to me.
    Pfft. Yeah, I like to argue and I have a sick sense of humor but I'm pretty happy most of the time.

Yea I think God is smart this way - what else in the world preaches unconditional love.
    Buddhism?

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I had a hunch that this is what all of this was about. Control.
    O noes! I won't submit to your imaginary friend! I'm such a horrible person!

Damn straight.

But my parents are Buddhist and everytime I ask them what happens after we die they say we become nothing. They pray to a few different Gods, and we have a statue of the Goddess of Mercy at home. Nirvana means becoming nothingness. And mum always tells me we gotta make use of the time we have before we die cos after we die we get nothing.

Technically, I am in my Uni's medical faculty and that is where I bought my Thibodeau textbook. I ASSUME I am a medical student because that is what it says on my COE, including the fact I'm going into midwifery. I apologize if you think I am lying, so let God judge me on that. The last science course I ever took was in Secondary school My bachelor was in the media, totally unrelated.

I am telling you the truth that I'm not an animal person or a children person, when someone asks me whether I like them or not I'm like "they're ok I guess". I do have a dog, but she's the family rug.

As for the "those in religion have to pretend to be nice", well YES! I have to make a conscious effort, all the time to be nice. My natural instinct is to want to swear, kill and punch. I was born to be nasty.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, we were all born depraved. It takes a conscious effort every day, every hour/minute/second to work to be a good person. This is what GOD wants us to do (to do the hard stuff).
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Technically, I am in my Uni's medical faculty and that is where I bought my Thibodeau textbook. I ASSUME I am a medical student because that is what it says on my COE, including the fact I'm going into midwifery. I apologize if you think I am lying, so let God judge me on that. The last science course I ever took was in Secondary school My bachelor was in the media, totally unrelated.

I am telling you the truth that I'm not an animal person or a children person, when someone asks me whether I like them or not I'm like "they're ok I guess". I do have a dog, but she's the family rug.

As for the "those in religion have to pretend to be nice", well YES! I have to make a conscious effort, all the time to be nice. My natural instinct is to want to swear, kill and punch. I was born to be nasty.
    Well, that settles that then...

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I feel that Christianity caters to both the intellectually devoid, and, or the morally depraved, to individuals who feel the need to "fake" their niceness to be socially accepted, that, or follow in the footsteps of more or less fictitious icons, rather than actually thinking for themselves.
    It does seem to attract a great number of non-thinkers but a lot of the intellectuals you meet are also christians. You probably just don't know because they're less likely to use religion as debate weaponry as they have other, more effective arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Yes, we were all born depraved. It takes a conscious effort every day, every hour/minute/second to work to be a good person. This is what GOD wants us to do (to do the hard stuff).
    God: Behave
    Nocapszy: Yes, massa...
    we fukin won boys

heart on fire

It is a folly to think that Christianity has special attraction to those who refuse to think. I have known just as many subscribing to Buddhism, Paganism and the New Thought philosophies who didn't like to think either.

EDIT for clarification: I don't think Christianity has any special attraction for lack of reason out of all the other religions.
    Last edited by heart; 02-06-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Add clarification

reminds me of the saying that the hardest path in life is the one that takes the most climbing. i do have to try very very hard to listen to people, because i tend to talk more than listen. i stumble all the time - hey thats another toby mac song "everyone of us has stumbled, everybody's humbled..." i do stupid things, and probably i stated the medical school thing cos of pride. the more i know God i gotta say the more im shocked by how dark i am. i used to feel bad about doing the wrong thing, especially when im testifying, but then i read in the bible that Peter ran to Jesus even after he wronged him 3 times

i guess last year i felt like i was leading a Detestable life! I knew myself...that I was a big bum and a liar, wasnt doing anything at all with my life. anyone who really knew me would hate me! so i was always pretending to be someone i was not. probably i struggle with it even now, but God's nudge for me to learn driving, pick up guitar etc... well i've not only gained useful skills, i can be proud i can do something now at least. So it was.. God, ok, make me a better person.

So you're right. I literally have to surrender to God every morning and ask him to help me through the day, or let me commit it to him. arguably, we can give in and do whatever we want, but i think part of the "inner fire" i was talking about comes from trying and trying