• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loving God?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Wow, hungrypossum. You are such a Jesus Freak. Now the question is, if I don't choose to believe in Jesus, and I live the entirety of my life as a good person but without ever believing in the kind of things you just posted, then will I spend an eternity in hell after I die?

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Jesus Freak by DC Talk is one of my favourite songs!

Well, Hell simply means a place away from God. So, yea. Actually, walking through life on earth, without God, is already equivalent to Hell. Thats why so many people say they wake up in the morning feeling "empty". When you accept Jesus, you accept the Holy Spirit as well. It's a little voice of guidance and the voice of truth. For instance, I can say "aww i'm ugly", and the Holy Spirit will say "Nope you're not :)"

sassafrassquatch

Well, Hell simply means a place away from God. So, yea. Actually, walking through life on earth, without God, is already equivalent to Hell. Thats why so many people say they wake up in the morning feeling "empty".

Breakfast usually takes care of that.

When you accept Jesus, you accept the Holy Spirit as well. It's a little voice of guidance and the voice of truth. For instance, I can say "aww i'm ugly", and the Holy Spirit will say "Nope you're not :)"

So infidels have to sit in the corner for eternity or are there going to be devil's with pitchforks and fire and brimstone?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
We cannot have any understanding of the other world because we have no experience with it, or anything even remotely connected to the other world.

We can have partiaul understanding of Henry Ford's ideas because we have some experience with his work.

And with him...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

Well, Hell simply means a place away from God. So, yea. Actually, walking through life on earth, without God, is already equivalent to Hell. Thats why so many people say they wake up in the morning feeling "empty". When you accept Jesus, you accept the Holy Spirit as well. It's a little voice of guidance and the voice of truth. For instance, I can say "aww i'm ugly", and the Holy Spirit will say "Nope you're not :)"

I believe in God, and I have a personal dialog going with him. But I don't believe in the Christian interpretation of God. I certainly don't feel empty, so does that mean that following the Christian interpretation of God isn't necessary?

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
i dont know about pitchforks and fire and brimstone. i've never met satan, (its written the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he) but satanists say he's a handsome guy. my shamanic friend SAID she was visited by him once because she was so angry, she wanted to kill 2 colleagues at her office and he offered to help her. she said he is Handsome - he's Blonde haired and blue eyed! he sounds pretty hot, but he's the most self centred guy in the world. (like most models) the bible says that the devil masquerades as an "angel of the light".

maybe someone can try to find the bible verse, one time i did see one with something about fire (told you the bible is thick enough as it is) all i know is the parables of Hell always say "many are left sitting outside in the dark". The theory is that Hell is fire because God is a "holy fire", and since he created you, you cannot become nothing. Since you're voluntarily not with God, Satan will grab you to the place you're not under his refuge. He hates God, and hence he will take away everything that means something to him.

The problem is, since God created everything, he is everywhere. So there's nowhere darkness can hide, so he'll end up sizzling everything. That's why earth is the tIme and place for you to believe. If not, when you die, you'll end up getting cooked. While our souls died the first time we sinned, God is keeping us alive so that we have time enough to come to know him.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
oh yea, and i forgot to mention, if life right now makes you happy, that's very good. Your life was a gift. However I was disatisfied by life, and interested to know there was something more.

it reminds me of that hymn "it is well with my soul". this man lost his wife and children in an accident, and yet he wrote that song! his theory is that: they were given to me. i walked into this world with nothing, and the fact that i'm missing them means i was very very happy with them. and then he thanked God for he said he was glad they were resting well in heaven in good hands. i dunno, i know i blame God for alot of things

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
oh yea, and i forgot to mention, if life right now makes you happy, that's very good. Your life was a gift. However I was disatisfied by life, and interested to know there was something more.

it reminds me of that hymn "it is well with my soul". this man lost his wife and children in an accident, and yet he wrote that song! his theory is that: they were given to me. i walked into this world with nothing, and the fact that i'm missing them means i was very very happy with them. and then he thanked God for he said he was glad they were resting well in heaven in good hands. i dunno, i know i blame God for alot of things

So you are saying I don't need a Christian interpretation of God to be fine? You think the relationship I have with him now is adequate?

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
i have no doubts that you have a relationship with something out there, i'd jsut ask you to be careful. the difference is that you'll know it's God's spirit is that a "peace descends on you that transcends all understanding", you'll probably end up crying tears of joy. (happened to everyone i knew).

but if you were being asked to destroy something, you'll know it's not God's spirit. the reason why, after i felt the presence of God (for me its at church), i knew that it was the Christian God, was because my heart leaped when i heard of eternity, and the unconditional love message tallied with the feeling.

i have mentioned non Christian friends who have felt the touch from God and feeling life just spring up from them, of a withered flower coming to life and blooming. they can forget that feeling within a day or two, and life just goes back to "normal".

sassafrassquatch

God has no right to create a conscious being only to have it to languish in hell for eternity. It's like a guy douses a woman with gasoline and demands that she marry him or he'll light her on fire. But, through some tortured logic, insists that she is actually choosing to burn herself by refusing to marry him.

hungrypossum's theology has the sophistication of a Chick tract.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
i am a chick after all i guess. they said ESFPs are ditzy.

actually, you can't say he's torturing you, cos you like your life enough as it is now not to want anything different. if you wanted something else you would try to seek out some kind of satisfaction. And if leading a life of drinking and booze can satisfy you, then it means you're happy. So he's not torturing you after all :)

Addon: Let's say, you have a choice rather to live or die right now. (Let's pretend we all dont know there's a heaven, hell or God). You'd rather be alive than dead. This means, you do enjoy being alive. It means that, there WAS a want for you to be created and hence God made you. Comprehendo?

sassafrassquatch

Chick Publications

actually, you can't say he's torturing you, cos you like your life enough as it is now not to want anything different. if you wanted something else you would try to seek out some kind of satisfaction. And if leading a life of drinking and booze can satisfy you, then it means you're happy. So he's not torturing you after all :)

Dude, no. I don't drink. I'm talking about when I'm dead and burning in hell for not submitting to your god. According to you my options are A) worship God or B) burn in hell for eternity.

I choose C) Fuck your god and his little games.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

I live away from God everyday but I'm not burning in sulfur.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

Addon: Let's say, you have a choice rather to live or die right now. (Let's pretend we all dont know there's a heaven, hell or God). You'd rather be alive than dead. This means, you do enjoy being alive. It means that, there WAS a want for you to be created and hence God made you. Comprehendo?
How can you make this claim? I don't normally find great pleasure in my life. You can't speak for everyone that doesn't believe in God and say that we are happy in our drunken stupor. Some of us are genuinely sad, hurting and feel everything that anyone does, yet that doesn't mean we'll go for the crutch if the crutch doesn't seem to exist. For me, it's not about choosing worldly pleasures over the god of the bible, it's the fact that if he exists (which I have no reason to believe that he does), he's failed.

sassafrassquatch

Addon: Let's say, you have a choice rather to live or die right now. (Let's pretend we all dont know there's a heaven, hell or God). You'd rather be alive than dead. This means, you do enjoy being alive.

I enjoy being alive because the circumstances of my birth and subsequent existence have been pleasant so far.

It means that, there WAS a want for you to be created and hence God made you. Comprehendo?

Non Sequitur.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
No, I'm not talking about YOU drinking. This is chick publications so I call everyone YOU!

If I really am telling the truth, your option B is option C.
And this is the perspective right now: Chick publications style

You live life on earth right now as a creation. You can't be uncreated cos you were created. However, it can be clearly seen that you enjoy being a creation and living life on earth, since you made the choice of "living my own life and leaving God to his little games". It means that you DO know that having a life beats being nothingness.

However, since you managed to walk through life satisfied with all material pleasures, it means that you never needed God at all. So even in death, you'll never need him. See? It's extremely logical. The only one problem is that God's enemy doesnt like your guts and you're gonna spend eternity with that dude. However, I did say that "having a life" beats nothingness doesnt it?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
No, I'm not talking about YOU drinking. This is chick publications so I call everyone YOU!

You live life on earth right now as a creation. You can't be uncreated cos you were created. However, it can be clearly seen that you enjoy being a creation and living life on earth, since you made the choice of "living my own life and leaving God to his little games". It means that you DO know that having a life beats being nothingness.

However, since you managed to walk through life satisfied with all material pleasures, it means that you never needed God at all. So even in death, you'll never need him. See? It's extremely logical. The only one problem is that God's enemy doesnt like your guts and you're gonna spend eternity with that dude. However, I did say that "having a life" beats nothingness doesnt it?
You're still talking as if I've met god but denied his offer... I haven't seen/heard/felt the dude...

If god exists and wants to damn me for not being able to see things the way he'd want me to, so be it. I don't know what to do about that.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Yes but I told you that if you're SATISFIED with this life then you dont need God and you never will. However it was promised in the bible that nothing on earth will be good enough to last us for eternal joy.

But if you're NOT satisfied with this life, that is why God is my happiness. I told you his spirit is joy, without anything there at all!! Erm, how to explain: You're just happy cos you're happy! People are like... why are you happy? Why are you smiling? I dunno cos Jesus lives in me so I'm just happy. And everyone goes like: CRACKPOT

Since Hell is a place away from God, and I say that earth is already the equivalent of Hell, I do not mean that there's sulfur all around! LMAO. I mean to say thats why sadness, sickness, everything exists. THat's hell!

sassafrassquatch

Dude.

When I die, I will be in hell. Correct?

Hell is painful. Correct?

I would rather my existence be extinguished at death than go to heaven or hell. I don't see why God can't put an end to me.

Are you picking up what I'm laying down, man?