User Tag List

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Loving God?

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar

I just found the best explanation of "God" yet.

Feel the need to share the wisdom...

God - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I just found the best explanation of "God" yet.

Feel the need to share the wisdom...

God - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
    Yo, they put in Stargate. I've been trying to tell the Goa'uld in my neck that it is not the god over my body or has ownership of all the other gods! *happily reads the rest*

what embodiment of "god" are you loving, exactly... of all mental and physical tangibility, all we really have when it comes to "god" is a concept

when it comes to the concept of god... a being that encompasses every aspect of existence, power, and rationality (which is really more like a one-size-fits-all explanation for everything) i could see potential for fear or respect for such an entity, but not love

Liberal Christian here. Status: slightly estranged from God at the moment, possibly due to the current political climate. Wondering when tolerance stopped being a core Christian value...

It seems to me that some of you are being a little hard on HP. From my point of view, she has found something that has made a huge positive difference in her life. Her self-esteem has vastly improved and that can only be a good thing. Congratulations, HP!

Believe it or not, it IS possible to be absolutely sure of something that can't be proven. Some call that the definition of Faith.

This quote is from Please Understand ME II, taken from Ghandi's autobiography:
    "All that appears and happens about and around us is uncertain, transient. But there is a Supreme Being hidden therein as a Certainty, and one would be blessed if one could catch a glimpse of that Certainty and hitch one's wagon to it. The quest for that truth is the summum bonum of life."

The questions why is there evil in the world, why do bad things happen to good people, etc. have been asked many times and IMO, there is no one answer to these questions. Those things are for the individual to work out within themselves. The lack of a clear answer to these questions does not rule out the possibility of the existence of a loving God.

Gotta run, off to New York for the Westminster Kennel Club dog show...

Being completely sure of something that can't be proven or explained (at least, not at the moment and not by me) is, I'd say, also perhaps one possible definition of what life is like as an N-dominant type. Maybe that's why to SJ's we often seem as though we're just crazy.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen