User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 335

Thread: Loving God?

  1. #181

    Default

    Then I apologize if you think I'm passing judgement and I won't comment on your circumstance again. To clarify, faith is not just our belief in God but what we believe he thinks about us. I trust that the Creator left a handbook for his creation.

  2. #182
    Senior Member millerm277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Hey, homosexuality is a choice so its a sin, its not your being. No, God doesn't hate YOU for what you chose to become. Sin = the choices you made that was a disobedience to God. Ask yourself very honestly. When you "feel" for a member the same sex as you, is it because you find them physically attractive? appearance wise? because that's not really love, its more like lust. lust isnt healthy. Often, when we lust for someone, all we want to do is erm... @#$%^ them. We may not even know what their characteristic is.
    Well, I don't "feel" for members of the same sex, but...

    I certainly have lusted after members of the opposite sex, and there have been 1 or 2 that I've actually loved. I don't see why it would work any different for gays. There certainly seemed to be plenty of people while I was walking through San Francisco that actually loved each other.

    Really loving someone can take a long time. Real kinda love should feel like a really good, warm friendship, it is respect and honour. Someone who loves you isnt' thinking of taking off your clothes most of the time, but wants the best for you. They wouldn't be thinking for themself.
    I agree with all of that, but why do you seem to think that is only possible for relationships between opposite sexes?
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrypossum View Post
    Why do you need all those theories and words above for? Human logic doesnt apply to God cos hes God, i can just imagine a bunch of people arguing what God is, and then he appears and they'll just be like O.O Indescribable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch
    You could tell me it's not about dogma and it doesn't matter what I believe as long as I love God and everyone else or whatever. Fine. Your opinion goes on the pile with thousands of others.
    getting baptized in the Holy Spirit.
    Did that when I was 13.

    Start with Matthews in the bible.
    Read that 3 years ago. Reading the bible is what turned me into an atheist. I saw that everyone reads the bible, prays and asks God for guidance and understanding. Then they arrive at completely different conclusions about what God is trying to tell us.

    Then there's church
    Every Sunday for the first 16 years of my life.

  4. #184
    Senior Member millerm277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrypossum View Post
    Yea but there have been homosexuals stated in the bible, thats about 2000 years ago. There have been generations and generations of them despised. If let's say I'm homo today, and I wait 50 years to raise my mantle and head up to society, i've lived 50 years despised.
    Well, if I recall my history correctly...in ancient rome/greece, and many other societies, homosexuality was considered normal. Also, if I remember correctly, African people were treated as slaves for hundreds of years by western powers.

    I'd rather live 50 years despised than 50 years living a false life.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

  5. #185

    Default

    it occured to me one day that contracts in the bible held before God are sealed in blood. For example, Jesus was God's contract before the world as a price for the sins.

    in marriage, usually, and i say usually, you swear before God that you will honour and uphold this contract. We were made in such a way, that when men and women have sex the first time, virgin blood is sign of the sealage of the marriage contract.

    in Genesis, it is mentioned that Eve was made as a helper to Adam. So women are made as men's helpers. it means that if you trust in God's plan for you like i do, the perfect person God chose for us in life is among the opposite sex.

  6. #186
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrypossum View Post
    Then I apologize if you think I'm passing judgement and I won't comment on your circumstance again. To clarify, faith is not just our belief in God but what we believe he thinks about us. I trust that the Creator left a handbook for his creation.
    Then that is where we disagree. Because I believe the Bible was written by men. Men inspired by God, but with closed hearts.

    And I'll tell you this. The moment I realized God, he changed the way I see people and the world. And ever since that day, I've never been able to truly judge anyone. Because the moment I decide that somebody is wrong, and that they are unforgivable, I feel God within me, urging me to open my heart, so that I may try to understand them. That has been his greatest gift to me. Because no matter how much I disagree with anyone (even libertarians ) I can always see within their hearts.

    And in this way, God taught me the true nature of sin. Sin is to judge others. It is to close your heart and choose to see them for what you believe they are and not for what you can see in their hearts. That is ultimately the only choice that man makes. And it is a sin that every man commits. But by choosing to open our hearts, we are truly living as God intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  7. #187

    Default

    Sassa: because the holy spirit also doesnt force things into your head if you dont want it. it can also drain out of us.

    if you do want God, then you'll feel the holy spirit's tug. i was baptized at 16, and spent the next 4 years at bars every weekend. never went back to church or really believed till last year. Sometimes, God speaks to us in really wierd ways. it can be something like this. a total wierdo talking to you on a forum telling you about God.

    For me, hearing about God again last year, since I rejected the INTP girl who impressed me so much I decided to believe again, was when I randomly walked into class, and for no reason at all, turned to the guy next to me and said: I need a new computer. He was like...hey I build them. I was like @_@ He said, meet me after school, and we'll go to East Malvern and i'll show you a computer shop we can buy computer parts. The tram ride was so long, that on the way I found out he was from Planetshakers city church...and the rest was history.

  8. #188

    Default

    In knowing God, the most important thing I learnt, is that I'm only 21 years old. Not very wise, not clever, quite a ditz, ignorant of everything. So I don't trust my own wisdom. I choose to trust the bible.

    I trust that God annoints men to do his work. Though I'm a real clown, here I am speaking for him. He can use everyone. Even my parents. They didn't know they were gonna have me, but they werent' forced. They had some..pleasure in making me. God's plan still went on so they could have me as a kid

  9. #189
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrypossum View Post
    In knowing God, the most important thing I learnt, is that I'm only 21 years old. Not very wise, not clever, quite a ditz, ignorant of everything. So I don't trust my own wisdom. I choose to trust the bible.

    I trust that God annoints men to do his work. Though I'm a real clown, here I am speaking for him. He can use everyone. Even my parents. They didn't know they were gonna have me, but they werent' forced. They had some..pleasure in making me. God's plan still went on so they could have me as a kid
    As I said, if you truly know God then you will know there are many paths. Not just the one you followed. And fortunately, if I humble myself enough to listen, God will always share his wisdom with me. I never have to rely on just my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  10. #190
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    How do you know homosexuality is a choice?

Similar Threads

  1. Experiencing God's Love
    By Lily flower in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:02 AM
  2. why doesn't God love me?
    By miss fortune in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM
  3. About the thread "Loving God"
    By hungrypossum in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO