User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Thread: Loving God?

Well the problem with being homosexual is that the world hates you. People can't understand what's wrong with you, because social concept is so strong that they're wrong. They're the ones who keep yelling at you, people avoid you, and all this sort of stuff happens. Also, confusion can occur in homosexual relationships.

The thing is, God doesnt hate anyone, he sees one sin just as bad as the other, or Jesus wouldnt have been surrounded by taxpayers and prostitutes. He made us and he loves all, but he hates sin. However, he sees what we have the potential to become. (He's intuitive!) People can't see what happens in one another's minds, but being homo is really such a small thing. We can even rape people in our minds, the only reason we dont do it, is cos it might be a hassle against the law, for instance. It's hard for me to explain this some Christians, but since growing in God is a process, its possible to be a Christian and unable to give up certain aspects of our lives. Others may only see our faults, but its our weaknesses that God always wants to change.

Even if I were convinced to go back to Christianity what am I supposed to believe?

Creation: Young Earth Creationism, Old Earth Creationism, Intelligent Design, Theistic Evolution, etc.

The Bible: Infallibility? Divine inspiration? Which books? How reliable? Is it at all useful?

Salvation: Armenianism, Calvinism (How many points ot the TULIP?), Universalism, Anihilationism, Purgatory, Eternal Hell, Temporary Hell, No Hell?

The Nature of God: Trinitarianism, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, Modalism, The Godhead, Arianism?

Eschatology: Amillennialism, Postmillennialism, Premillennialism (pre tribulation rapture, mid tribulation rapture, post tribulation rapture, no rapture), Dispensationalism?

I think you can see my problem with Christianity. No one knows what the fuck they're talking about. You could tell me it's not about dogma and it doesn't matter what I believe as long as I love God and everyone else or whatever. Fine. Your opinion goes on the pile with thousands of others.

How is anyone supposed to figure out what this tricky bastard wants from us?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by hungrypossum View Post
    Well the problem with being homosexual is that the world hates you. People can't understand what's wrong with you, because social concept is so strong that they're wrong. They're the ones who keep yelling at you, people avoid you, and all this sort of stuff happens. Also, confusion can occur in homosexual relationships.

The thing is, God doesnt hate anyone, he sees one sin just as bad as the other, or Jesus wouldnt have been surrounded by taxpayers and prostitutes. He made us and he loves all, but he hates sin. However, he sees what we have the potential to become. (He's intuitive!) People can't see what happens in one another's minds, but being homo is really such a small thing. We can even rape people in our minds, the only reason we dont do it, is cos it might be a hassle against the law, for instance. It's hard for me to explain this some Christians, but since growing in God is a process, its possible to be a Christian and unable to give up certain aspects of our lives. Others may only see our faults, but its our weaknesses that God always wants to change.
    Homosexuality = Sin

God hates sin.

Therefore God hates homosexuals.

Sorry, but that is the sell I've grown up with, and its why I can't percieve the Christian God as a Loving God. A Loving God would not create homosexuals just to condemn them for following through with the love he put in their hearts. That is what a sick, sadistic God would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Why do you need all those theories and words above for? Human logic doesnt apply to God cos hes God, i can just imagine a bunch of people arguing what God is, and then he appears and they'll just be like O.O Indescribable.

Er you can start by getting baptized in the Holy Spirit. The problem is, the bible doesnt make sense to people who don't have the Holy Spirit. He's sorta like, a read along companion. Thats why Jesus said "Matthew 13: 11 The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them". If you receive the Holy Spirit you will feel different for a while, sometimes you'll get thoughts of wisdom that could have never occured to you otherwise. Or you may start seeing things in a new, strange yet true perspective!

Start with Matthews in the bible. That's all. Jackie Pullinger went to Hong Kong and couldn't speak Cantonese, but all she had was Matthews translated. One time, she gave a copy of it to some convicts, and oh my, when she visited them in jail 2 weeks later, they could all speak in tongues! And she was like @_@ what the. But all you did was read Matthew. But then they believed and God worked on them that way.

Then there's church, while you may be an introvert (I'm an extrovert and I was really shy when I first went) is the best place to get a touch from God. Sure, churchies can be REALLY annoying, especially self righteous people, but you must try to grit your teeth and not scream at them. I called it lame shits the first time I went. Having fellowship really helps, I have had church friends call me up and say: Hey God asked us to pray for you in times I've really needed help!

MBTI
    OMNi

Why do you need all those theories and words above for? Human logic doesnt apply to God cos hes God, i can just imagine a bunch of people arguing what God is, and then he appears and they'll just be like O.O Indescribable.

Er you can start by getting baptized in the Holy Spirit. The problem is, the bible doesnt make sense to people who don't have the Holy Spirit. He's sorta like, a read along companion. Thats why Jesus said "Matthew 13: 11 The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them". If you receive the Holy Spirit you will feel different for a while, sometimes you'll get thoughts of wisdom that could have never occured to you otherwise. Or you may start seeing things in a new, strange yet true perspective!

Start with Matthews in the bible. That's all. Jackie Pullinger went to Hong Kong and couldn't speak Cantonese, but all she had was Matthews translated. One time, she gave a copy of it to some convicts, and oh my, when she visited them in jail 2 weeks later, they could all speak in tongues! And she was like @_@ what the. But all you did was read Matthew. But then they believed and God worked on them that way.

Then there's church, while you may be an introvert (I'm an extrovert and I was really shy when I first went) is the best place to get a touch from God. Sure, churchies can be REALLY annoying, especially self righteous people, but you must try to grit your teeth and not scream at them. I called it lame shits the first time I went. Having fellowship really helps, I have had church friends call me up and say: Hey God asked us to pray for you in times I've really needed help!
    If you have really been touched by God, then you will understand that there are many different paths. Mine is not through the righteous masses, church, and definitely not the Bible. Mine is a solitary love and appreciation for God.

Hey, homosexuality is a choice so its a sin, its not your being. No, God doesn't hate YOU for what you chose to become. Sin = the choices you made that was a disobedience to God. Ask yourself very honestly. When you "feel" for a member the same sex as you, is it because you find them physically attractive? appearance wise? because that's not really love, its more like lust. lust isnt healthy. Often, when we lust for someone, all we want to do is erm... @#$%^ them. We may not even know what their characteristic is.

Really loving someone can take a long time. Real kinda love should feel like a really good, warm friendship, it is respect and honour. Someone who loves you isnt' thinking of taking off your clothes most of the time, but wants the best for you. They wouldn't be thinking for themself.

I used to watch yaoi alot. I can understand why that sort of physical attraction and physical appeal. You know, desiring and coveting for something that ain't there..it can really hurt.

MBTI
    ISTP

Well the problem with being homosexual is that the world hates you. People can't understand what's wrong with you, because social concept is so strong that they're wrong. They're the ones who keep yelling at you, people avoid you, and all this sort of stuff happens.
    Time is the only thing that can change that. 50 years ago, blacks had virtually no rights, and were pretty much despised in most of the southern USA. Now, while things are not perfect, they have come a LONG way. The same can, and most likely will happen with regard to public opinion of gays. As it is now, my generation is much, much more positive/tolerant towards gays/minorities/whatever else our parents discriminated against.

Also, confusion can occur in homosexual relationships.
    Not quite sure what you mean, but I've been pretty damn confused for at least parts of most of my relationships. (I'm straight).

The thing is, God doesnt hate anyone, he sees one sin just as bad as the other, or Jesus wouldnt have been surrounded by taxpayers and prostitutes. He made us and he loves all, but he hates sin.
    Well, looking around the world, he must be pretty damn angry then.

If you believe in most things enough, they will become true to you. (Same reason placebo's "work" on many people).
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

well, i love God. so now i'd like the best for him and not myself. i trust that God wouldnt just make a world but leave it as it is, hence he commissioned men to write the bible as a manual and guide to their life. so i follow what it says. he says that fellowship with other Christians is good. so far, everything God has told me has proven good and wise.

MBTI
    OMNi

Hey, homosexuality is a choice so its a sin, its not your being.
    That's your judgement. I thought Christians weren't allowed to judge.

No, God doesn't hate YOU for what you chose to become. Sin = the choices you made that was a disobedience to God. Ask yourself very honestly. When you "feel" for a member the same sex as you, is it because you find them physically attractive? appearance wise? because that's not really love, its more like lust. lust isnt healthy. Often, when we lust for someone, all we want to do is erm... @#$%^ them. We may not even know what their characteristic is.
    When I feel for someone of the same sex, just like the opposite sex, I have to love them. I have to want to be with them, emotionally and spiritually connected to them. I can't have lust for someone that I don't feel that way about. One again you are passing judgement.

Really loving someone can take a long time. Real kinda love should feel like a really good, warm friendship, it is respect and honour. Someone who loves you isnt' thinking of taking off your clothes most of the time, but wants the best for you. They wouldn't be thinking for themself.
    Don't I know it.

I used to watch yaoi alot. I can understand why that sort of physical attraction and physical appeal. You know, desiring and coveting for something that ain't there..it can really hurt.
    And yet so many people find it.

Time is the only thing that can change that. 50 years ago, blacks had virtually no rights, and were pretty much despised in most of the southern USA.
    Yea but there have been homosexuals stated in the bible, thats about 2000 years ago. There have been generations and generations of them despised. If let's say I'm homo today, and I wait 50 years to raise my mantle and head up to society, i've lived 50 years despised.

then again, people get despised for alot of things. Racial inequality, where people cannot understand that they are one and the same race.

Well, looking around the world, he must be pretty damn angry then.
    Well, if he was really angry he would have punished us all by now. We insult him all the time but he says wait, the judgement day will come. If someone stabbed my nearest and dearest best friend, why didn't God kill the murderer. Maybe he sees something in that fellow I can't, that maybe that guy will change and become a wonderful person.

The reason he's not punishing us, is because he loves us and is still waiting for us to come to repentance. George Bush declared war in God's name. Everyone starts saying Christianity is bad and wrong. Did God kill Bush? Even if God knew Bush did the wrong thing?