User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Thread: Loving God?

MBTI
    OMNi

Wow, hungrypossum. You are such a Jesus Freak. Now the question is, if I don't choose to believe in Jesus, and I live the entirety of my life as a good person but without ever believing in the kind of things you just posted, then will I spend an eternity in hell after I die?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Jesus Freak by DC Talk is one of my favourite songs!

Well, Hell simply means a place away from God. So, yea. Actually, walking through life on earth, without God, is already equivalent to Hell. Thats why so many people say they wake up in the morning feeling "empty". When you accept Jesus, you accept the Holy Spirit as well. It's a little voice of guidance and the voice of truth. For instance, I can say "aww i'm ugly", and the Holy Spirit will say "Nope you're not "

Quote Originally Posted by hungrypossum View Post

Well, Hell simply means a place away from God. So, yea. Actually, walking through life on earth, without God, is already equivalent to Hell. Thats why so many people say they wake up in the morning feeling "empty".
    Breakfast usually takes care of that.

When you accept Jesus, you accept the Holy Spirit as well. It's a little voice of guidance and the voice of truth. For instance, I can say "aww i'm ugly", and the Holy Spirit will say "Nope you're not "
    So infidels have to sit in the corner for eternity or are there going to be devil's with pitchforks and fire and brimstone?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    We cannot have any understanding of the other world because we have no experience with it, or anything even remotely connected to the other world.

We can have partiaul understanding of Henry Ford's ideas because we have some experience with his work.
    And with him...
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    OMNi

Well, Hell simply means a place away from God. So, yea. Actually, walking through life on earth, without God, is already equivalent to Hell. Thats why so many people say they wake up in the morning feeling "empty". When you accept Jesus, you accept the Holy Spirit as well. It's a little voice of guidance and the voice of truth. For instance, I can say "aww i'm ugly", and the Holy Spirit will say "Nope you're not "
    I believe in God, and I have a personal dialog going with him. But I don't believe in the Christian interpretation of God. I certainly don't feel empty, so does that mean that following the Christian interpretation of God isn't necessary?

i dont know about pitchforks and fire and brimstone. i've never met satan, (its written the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he) but satanists say he's a handsome guy. my shamanic friend SAID she was visited by him once because she was so angry, she wanted to kill 2 colleagues at her office and he offered to help her. she said he is Handsome - he's Blonde haired and blue eyed! he sounds pretty hot, but he's the most self centred guy in the world. (like most models) the bible says that the devil masquerades as an "angel of the light".

maybe someone can try to find the bible verse, one time i did see one with something about fire (told you the bible is thick enough as it is) all i know is the parables of Hell always say "many are left sitting outside in the dark". The theory is that Hell is fire because God is a "holy fire", and since he created you, you cannot become nothing. Since you're voluntarily not with God, Satan will grab you to the place you're not under his refuge. He hates God, and hence he will take away everything that means something to him.

The problem is, since God created everything, he is everywhere. So there's nowhere darkness can hide, so he'll end up sizzling everything. That's why earth is the tIme and place for you to believe. If not, when you die, you'll end up getting cooked. While our souls died the first time we sinned, God is keeping us alive so that we have time enough to come to know him.

oh yea, and i forgot to mention, if life right now makes you happy, that's very good. Your life was a gift. However I was disatisfied by life, and interested to know there was something more.

it reminds me of that hymn "it is well with my soul". this man lost his wife and children in an accident, and yet he wrote that song! his theory is that: they were given to me. i walked into this world with nothing, and the fact that i'm missing them means i was very very happy with them. and then he thanked God for he said he was glad they were resting well in heaven in good hands. i dunno, i know i blame God for alot of things

MBTI
    OMNi

oh yea, and i forgot to mention, if life right now makes you happy, that's very good. Your life was a gift. However I was disatisfied by life, and interested to know there was something more.

it reminds me of that hymn "it is well with my soul". this man lost his wife and children in an accident, and yet he wrote that song! his theory is that: they were given to me. i walked into this world with nothing, and the fact that i'm missing them means i was very very happy with them. and then he thanked God for he said he was glad they were resting well in heaven in good hands. i dunno, i know i blame God for alot of things
    So you are saying I don't need a Christian interpretation of God to be fine? You think the relationship I have with him now is adequate?

i have no doubts that you have a relationship with something out there, i'd jsut ask you to be careful. the difference is that you'll know it's God's spirit is that a "peace descends on you that transcends all understanding", you'll probably end up crying tears of joy. (happened to everyone i knew).

but if you were being asked to destroy something, you'll know it's not God's spirit. the reason why, after i felt the presence of God (for me its at church), i knew that it was the Christian God, was because my heart leaped when i heard of eternity, and the unconditional love message tallied with the feeling.

i have mentioned non Christian friends who have felt the touch from God and feeling life just spring up from them, of a withered flower coming to life and blooming. they can forget that feeling within a day or two, and life just goes back to "normal".

God has no right to create a conscious being only to have it to languish in hell for eternity. It's like a guy douses a woman with gasoline and demands that she marry him or he'll light her on fire. But, through some tortured logic, insists that she is actually choosing to burn herself by refusing to marry him.

hungrypossum's theology has the sophistication of a Chick tract.