User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

You know, I really agree with the topic creator, much like I agree with the sentiment that "the future rests with these bright souls" and "the passion of youth will guide so and so" and etc. Same as it's always been.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Out of control!

Listen to these wise men!

You might be nodding your head.. but wait..

The first quote was made by Hesiod in 8th Century BC., the second by Socrates.. the third by Peter the Hermit in 1274 AD.
    Thanks, that was great.
    That almost gives me hope.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peter the Hermit
    The world is passing through troublous times. The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress.
    Says the man whose name consists of "Peter" followed by the words "the" and "Hermit". I wouldn't trust a hermit to give an accurate description of the public.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamanthus View Post
    Says the man whose name consists of "Peter" followed by the words "the" and "Hermit". I wouldn't trust a hermit to give an accurate description of the public.
    Why not? Being an Introvert I tend to watch people more then interact with them, and through watching I find myself disliking a lot more of the way people act and the way things are going.

For example while I want kids of my own one day, at times I wonder if I want to bring any into this world based on the way it seems to be heading. If my kids did any of the stuff I did as a kid then either they'd end up as criminals in the eyes of all these new laws that seem to keep popping up in the vain of protecting us from ourselves or I'd be up on child endangerment charges for letting them.

Theres way too many laws being created due to those out there that can't accept responsibility for their own actions and cry and blame others for their mistakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The first quote was made by Hesiod in 8th Century BC., the second by Socrates.. the third by Peter the Hermit in 1274 AD.
    I didn't realise the youth of today were so old.

I also didn't realise that Hermit was an actual title. You don't see that on many curriculum vitaes any more.

1997-1998
    Interim Alpines
    Risk Forecast Team Member: Risk Analysist, accounting, budgeting.

1998-2003
    Maxwell Products
    Events Co-ordinator Manager: Organising, book-keeping, delegating.

2003-present
    A cave
    Hermit: Talking to trees, not bathing, scratching my arse.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Why not?
    I was being facetious. Being a hermit would be awesome, though. When I retire, that's what I would like to be. A mountain hermit.

MBTI
    infp

Why not? Being an Introvert I tend to watch people more then interact with them, and through watching I find myself disliking a lot more of the way people act and the way things are going.

For example while I want kids of my own one day, at times I wonder if I want to bring any into this world based on the way it seems to be heading. If my kids did any of the stuff I did as a kid then either they'd end up as criminals in the eyes of all these new laws that seem to keep popping up in the vain of protecting us from ourselves or I'd be up on child endangerment charges for letting them.

Theres way too many laws being created due to those out there that can't accept responsibility for their own actions and cry and blame others for their mistakes.
    What laws? I'm 16 and Canadian, so what you are saying has a lot of revelance to me and I'd love to know what you mean exactly. And INFP, if that matters

MBTI
    ISTP

Since when has rebellion of the youth against the "elderly" been a bad thing? It is a product of free thought. Without it we would be doomed to doing the same things for the remainder of our existence. No progress has ever been made without a little rebellion.
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamanthus View Post
    I was being facetious. Being a hermit would be awesome, though. When I retire, that's what I would like to be. A mountain hermit.
    I watched the movie Into the Wild lastnight.. The whole idea of movie was appealing, but I would never be able to do anything like that or be a hermit. At the very least I would need someone to do it with, being that I'm one of these hopeless romantic types.

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    What laws? I'm 16 and Canadian, so what you are saying has a lot of revelance to me and I'd love to know what you mean exactly. And INFP, if that matters
    Any and all laws that are designed to "protect you from yourself".

For instance in the city I grew up in it's technically illegal to climb trees. Hell I used to climb the tallest trees I could on windy days just because I liked swaying back and forth in the wind. Technically the fact I climbed the tree made me a criminal.

I've owned numerous pellet guns as a kid, these days you have to be 18 to buy one.

You need to be 16 to drive most offroad vehicles. I've had motorized vehicles since I was 4.

I used to be able to take the boat out whenever I wanted. You now need a license to operate most boats.

I could go on.. Needless to say though, most of the things I used to do outdoors as a kid are becoming so heavily restricted that it's either play sports, or play video games. Speaking of video games, I never had to deal with all this rating crap, I didn't need to be a certain age to buy certain games, and I didn't turn out to be a mass murderer at my school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    ISTP

I watched the movie Into the Wild lastnight.. The whole idea of movie was appealing, but I would never be able to do anything like that or be a hermit. At the very least I would need someone to do it with, being that I'm one of these hopeless romantic types.
    I've never heard of this movie. I should watch it.

Why couldn't you be a hermit? The isolation? I could stand the isolation -- I'd enjoy it immensely, but surviving on my own in the wilderness would take a bit of effort and getting used to. Wouldn't be impossible, though. Our ancestors did it.

edit: I watched the movie, and the guy was a moron to not, at least, bring along a map to Alaska. He probably also should've spent some time learning how to actually survive in the wild, rather than just going there.
    Last edited by Rhadamanthus; 02-11-2008 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    Are you trying to sound like Yoda?

What exactly are you asking(in normal English)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    *scattering done beforehand not to waste space* "If the Scat Man can do it, brotha, so can you!" BABABADABO Skeebibididiyodadadum ZizSazouiiscatbobliboobizizizScoobydoobyscoobydoom elody! I'm the Scat Man...." *sccccattttttt*