User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of fur?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love fur! Bring on the dead animals!

6 17.65%
  • I think fur is beautiful, but I'd never wear it myself

5 14.71%
  • Indifferent

10 29.41%
  • I'm against fur.

13 38.24%
  • I'm not from the Western world and in our culture fur is considered acceptable

0 0%
First 34567 Last

Thread: Fur

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Actually the PETA people make me want to spitefully wear fur as a statement rather than for practical reasons.

Too bad it's so expensive.
    And my snobby fur wearing cousins who always locked me up in the freezer make me want to become a PETA activist and go vegan.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

I want a huge fur cape, a horned helmet, and meat and potatoes every day for breakfast.

*sigh* I do love animals though. Skinning videos (the little that I could tolerate enough to watch) are brutal and heartbreaking. They made want to be vegan for awhile. I don't know what's stopping me from trying harder.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etwF-kCTcFU"]It is.[/YOUTUBE]

Enneagram
    4w5

[QUOTE=lowtech redneck;1407331]
    Actually the PETA people make me want to spitefully wear fur as a statement rather than for practical reasons.
    QUOTE]

This.

I picked the first option mostly for this reason (I like fur, but its not my favorite thing in the world).
    These animals are often skinned alive, or have a metal rod shoved up their anuses and are elctrocuted from the inside out. Like can you even imagine how intense that pain must feel? I can't. And these are sentient creatures. They feel that pain. I just don't know what it's going to take for people like the quoted posters above who don't give a damn to see how inhumane the whole fur industry is.

You absolutely do not need to wear fur. There are many incredibly warm, synthetic, fashionable-looking coats without the pain, misery and torture that is involved with real fur. It's like people buying cosmetics tested on animals. Do we really need a new and improved mascara?? Tested on animals? Clearly not.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The same goes for meat animals, which is a much much larger industry (i.e. many more suffering animals). I'd rather have increased rules for humane treatment or boycott certain companies rather than banning everything involving animals.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP

[QUOTE=Edasich;1407374]
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I just don't know what it's going to take for people like the quoted posters above who don't give a damn to see how inhumane the whole fur industry is.
    You know what's not going to work? Throwing paint on people wearing fur coats.

Oberon

I can't help but think that this is a thinly-veiled effort at class warfare. If fur was a cottage industry in da projects they wouldn't be complaining.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj1wcs7SZj0"]You must be the monopoly guy![/YOUTUBE]
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP

Just another animal product. Much like hot wings or the insulin they give the dying children with type I diabetes, I see fur as something with value, but not something I really need at this particular moment.

Enneagram
    4w5

The same goes for meat animals, which is a much much larger industry (i.e. many more suffering animals). I'd rather have increased rules for humane treatment or boycott certain companies rather than banning everything involving animals.
    I agree the same goes for meat. But this was on fur. Fur is probably one of the cruelest animal industries. But it makes it even sicker that all this torture is done just for fashion.