MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

dont listen when other people share you their "wisdom"
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

When life opens to you into different roads instead of a single one you probably will have grey hairs.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Strike while the iron is hot.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Don't live with your boss. Ever. You WILL get on each other's nerves, and angering them not only puts your job in jeopardy, but could leave you without a place to stay as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Boredom is underrated.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

"In the olden days men were brutal, now they are dehumanized and possessed to a degree that even the blackest Middle Ages did not know." - Carl Jung
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

1. "This above all - to thine own self be true, then it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man" Shakespeare

2. The Serenity Prayer should be a creed to live by for every man/woman:
    "G*d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

3. hatred will have most effect on the person doing the hating - hate was a word I banned in my home from the time my children were toddlers.

4. "The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on, nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word of it" from the English translation by Edward FitzGerald (1809-1883) of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

...in other words, particularly in this day of throw away online communication, consider carefully before writing anything about another, or that could affect another. Once written, its publication may affect others and/or yourself in ways you cannot imagine!! Written words have consequences, intended or unintended.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    1. "This above all - to thine own self be true, then it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man" Shakespeare

2. The Serenity Prayer should be a creed to live by for every man/woman:
    "G*d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

3. hatred will have most effect on the person doing the hating - hate was a word I banned in my home from the time my children were toddlers.

4. "The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on, nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word of it" from the English translation by Edward FitzGerald (1809-1883) of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

...in other words, particularly in this day of throw away online communication, consider carefully before writing anything about another, or that could affect another. Once written, its publication may affect others and/or yourself in ways you cannot imagine!! Written words have consequences, intended or unintended.
    WOW! Really good stuff!

In public agencies, even e-mails are public records in many states, so on everyone's first day of employment they are told: "Don't write anything in an e-mail that you wouldn't want taped to the door of your office."
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

one last before bed:

"They came first for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) ...although the order of the groups in this speech have been argued for many a year,the general gist of this famous quote by Pastor Niemöller is an excellent example of Karma.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    WOW! Really good stuff!

In public agencies, even e-mails are public records in many states, so on everyone's first day of employment they are told: "Don't write anything in an e-mail that you wouldn't want taped to the door of your office."
    I reckon that's a good policy, I dont send my private e-mails and if I send one at work its generally similarly worded to a letter and I dont send them casually either.

Online I use an ID on most forums and I'm careful on Facebook too.

One of the most surprising things I've experienced since using the internet has been the amount of strange behaviour which is common place, stalking or obsessive behaviour is pretty commonplace.

Not even the deranged psycho variety that makes the news, I've experienced or suspected frequent migrations between forums and anywhere you can comment, connect or communicate with people online of individuals which I've made it pretty plain to, in very direct manners that I want nothing to do with. I find it strange because the same people must not have a lot of things to do besides follow strangers online like they where football teams or celebrates. Its really strange because while these individuals are, to all intents and purposes, a kind of "fan" they are only interested in generating misery or hurt.

I like to think its unrepresentative of the population at large, although I've never decided if people are greater idiots in person or online.