• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PEARLS of WISDOM...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Life's too short to read bad books.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trust your gut instinct.... The one time I didn't, I regretted it... And it cost me in the end. Since I started trusting that gut instinct again, my life has been better!

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
-> "Listen to many, speak to few." - Shakespeare (words to live by! when i've gone against i've generally regretted it.)

-> Take your time! Life isn't a race to the finish line. If you are the type of person that feels they need to take more time with things than others, then don't feel like you have to keep up with the rest..it will only cause less than satisfactory results. You determine the pace of your life.

-> If you have the time and patience, GET A DOG! You'll never regret it..okay maybe when they shit on the floor while a training puppy. It'll force you to stay active, responsible and you'll have a friend for life. And when you don't want to be bothered by the constant chatter of others.. a dog will give you that quiet company you long for.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
this is very important to me

4623212503_74fa62da19_z.jpg

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Eat only white snow. :newwink:

Never buy the first version of anything: software, new or re-designed vehicle model, flu vaccine...

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Don't be so quick to see the worst in everyone... sometimes people will surprise you in the best way possible.

Lark

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Italian dramatist, historian, & philosopher (1469 - 1527)

If you sit by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy float by.
Japanese Proverb

You wont regret a high fibre diet, eat large amounts of vegetables and fruit, if you're trying to lose weight eat one meal a day and soup if you have to eat more, like if you're really hungry.

The most valuable philosophical ideas I've encountered in a long time are derivative from Zen, in particular how it understands the mind-body relationship and mindfulness. Also developing patience, independence, in all respects, and proper breathing are the most important things in life.

Whatever you may think about yourself you do have a breaking point and you are also corruptable, everyone DOES have their price and everyone WILL relent, in fact denying this will make you more vulnerable to some of the most subtle manipulators there are, it is important that you appreciate why, how and when either of these eventualities could play out should you decided that avoiding them are of paramount importance to you. You may not think it is of paramount importance, that itself is a value judgement, although most people unconsciously have already reached conclusions about this.

Practical knowledge and preparedness is more important, most of the time, to sophistication.

Being able to defer gratification will make life easier and you'll be more likely to prosper as a result.

Last edited:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
dont listen when other people share you their "wisdom"

crevalleJack

MBTI Type
HOLY
When life opens to you into different roads instead of a single one you probably will have grey hairs.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Strike while the iron is hot.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Don't live with your boss. Ever. You WILL get on each other's nerves, and angering them not only puts your job in jeopardy, but could leave you without a place to stay as well.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"In the olden days men were brutal, now they are dehumanized and possessed to a degree that even the blackest Middle Ages did not know." - Carl Jung

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1. "This above all - to thine own self be true, then it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man" Shakespeare

2. The Serenity Prayer should be a creed to live by for every man/woman:
"G*d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

3. hatred will have most effect on the person doing the hating - hate was a word I banned in my home from the time my children were toddlers.

4. "The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on, nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word of it" from the English translation by Edward FitzGerald (1809-1883) of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

...in other words, particularly in this day of throw away online communication, consider carefully before writing anything about another, or that could affect another. Once written, its publication may affect others and/or yourself in ways you cannot imagine!! Written words have consequences, intended or unintended.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. "This above all - to thine own self be true, then it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man" Shakespeare

2. The Serenity Prayer should be a creed to live by for every man/woman:
"G*d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

3. hatred will have most effect on the person doing the hating - hate was a word I banned in my home from the time my children were toddlers.

4. "The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on, nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word of it" from the English translation by Edward FitzGerald (1809-1883) of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

...in other words, particularly in this day of throw away online communication, consider carefully before writing anything about another, or that could affect another. Once written, its publication may affect others and/or yourself in ways you cannot imagine!! Written words have consequences, intended or unintended.

WOW! Really good stuff! :worthy:

In public agencies, even e-mails are public records in many states, so on everyone's first day of employment they are told: "Don't write anything in an e-mail that you wouldn't want taped to the door of your office." :rofl1:

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
one last before bed:

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) ...although the order of the groups in this speech have been argued for many a year,the general gist of this famous quote by Pastor Niemöller is an excellent example of Karma.

Lark

WOW! Really good stuff! :worthy:

In public agencies, even e-mails are public records in many states, so on everyone's first day of employment they are told: "Don't write anything in an e-mail that you wouldn't want taped to the door of your office." :rofl1:

I reckon that's a good policy, I dont send my private e-mails and if I send one at work its generally similarly worded to a letter and I dont send them casually either.

Online I use an ID on most forums and I'm careful on Facebook too.

One of the most surprising things I've experienced since using the internet has been the amount of strange behaviour which is common place, stalking or obsessive behaviour is pretty commonplace.

Not even the deranged psycho variety that makes the news, I've experienced or suspected frequent migrations between forums and anywhere you can comment, connect or communicate with people online of individuals which I've made it pretty plain to, in very direct manners that I want nothing to do with. I find it strange because the same people must not have a lot of things to do besides follow strangers online like they where football teams or celebrates. Its really strange because while these individuals are, to all intents and purposes, a kind of "fan" they are only interested in generating misery or hurt.

I like to think its unrepresentative of the population at large, although I've never decided if people are greater idiots in person or online.