User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It may well be that you heard Yahweh speak to you, but no one else heard Yahweh speak to you.

And so as far as we can tell, you were having a delusion.

And the best way for you to keep on having this delusion is to join others with a similar delusion.

So you should take yourself to a church, a synagogue, a temple or a mosque to share your delusion with the faithful.
    I am quite happy to be here learning this new religion - MBTI As to your other comment, He said "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." It is an individuals choice to hear His voice or not.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I've decided that infallible beliefs are my mortal enemy. I will respect people's beliefs, but I'm convince that once people decide that their beliefs are infallible, it leads to closed mindedness and inevitable conflict.

Once a person accepts that their belief is infallible, they usually become completely incapable of changing their minds. They become so drunk on the passion of their idea, that they automatically dismiss everyone else's beliefs, often by marking their beliefs as inferior. They then declare that people must respect their belief above all else. It becomes their duty in life to convert everyone to their way of thinking because it escapes their conception that what they believe is right, may not be universally right for everyone.

Even science constantly tests established beliefs, with hopes of disproving them and discovering something new about what we thought we knew.

In fact, I've decided that whenever a person accepts that their beliefs are infallible it displays a lack of cultural relativism and critical thinking on their part.

Thoughts?
    Sounds like the democrat beltway and their media
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Default An Interesting Infallible Belief

Yes, Clinical Depression is an infallible belief.

And it is an infallible belief that can't be shaken by reality.

And it is an infallible belief that takes the form of an emotional delusion.

But what is an emotional delusion?

Well, in Schizophrenia there are delusions of thought but not emotional delusions, while in Clinical Depression there are emotional delusions but not delusions of thought.

But do not make the mistake of telling anyone suffering from Clinical Depression that they are emotionally deluded - because they will tell you that their emotions are the only real thing, and that you are insulting them and trying to take from them the only thing that matters to them - their emotional delusion.

Yes, both Schizophrenia and Clinical Depression are psychosis.

And in any psychosis the sufferer is out of touch with reality.

So the Schizophrenic sufferer is out of touch with reality in their thoughts, while the sufferer from Clinical Depression is out of touch with reality in their emotions.

And so Clinical Depression is an interesting example of an infallible belief in an emotional delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    It is an individuals choice to hear His voice or not.
    How curious.

It is not an individual choice whether the people around me hear my voice. In fact if I am speaking, everyone around me can hear my voice.

But when He speaks, only self chosen individuals can hear his voice.

In the words of Alice - "Curiouser and curiouser".

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Yes, Clinical Depression is an infallible belief.

And it is an infallible belief that can't be shaken by reality.

And it is an infallible belief that takes the form of an emotional delusion.

But what is an emotional delusion?

Well, in Schizophrenia there are delusions of thought but not emotional delusions, while in Clinical Depression there are emotional delusions but not delusions of thought.

But do not make the mistake of telling anyone suffering from Clinical Depression that they are emotionally deluded - because they will tell you that their emotions are the only real thing, and that you are insulting them and trying to take from them the only thing that matters to them - their emotional delusion.

Yes, both Schizophrenia and Clinical Depression are psychosis.

And in any psychosis the sufferer is out of touch with reality.

So the Schizophrenic sufferer is out of touch with reality in their thoughts, while the sufferer from Clinical Depression is out of touch with reality in their emotions.

And so Clinical Depression is an interesting example of an infallible belief in an emotional delusion.
    Thank you for sharing your views on emotionalism and schizophrenia. Is this something you have suffered from for long, something you new you are dealing with, or an off topic comment to start a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    Thank you for sharing your views on emotionalism and schizophrenia. Is this something you have suffered from for long, something you new you are dealing with, or an off topic comment to start a new thread?
    It seems there is a connection between psychosis and the God delusion.

Both the psychotic and the God deluded are out of touch with reality.

However there are differences between the two.

The psychotic are almost always suffering individuals, while the God deluded are usually members of vast, rich and powerful institutions.

And it is the membership of these institutions that reinforce their delusions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

The psychotic are almost always suffering individuals, while the God deluded are usually members of vast, rich and powerful institutions.

Please provide your source.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Being a bit judgmental, are we? And to think, we were just talking about infallible beliefs. It swings to both sides of the spectrum, my friend. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it's wrong.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Nyota View Post
    Being a bit judgmental, are we? And to think, we were just talking about infallible beliefs. It swings to both sides of the spectrum, my friend. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it's wrong.
    It's infallible - when we don't agree with someone, we call them judgemental.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I definitely don't agree with cultural relativism, or relativism in general, but I do think there's always room for doubt in most things. That being said, I don't think there's a need to question every single theoretically debatable belief.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli