User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Winnar!
    Sometimes that lands you in jail too though.

MBTI
    INTJ

a big set of balls.

MBTI
    INTJ

^ Seriously, a little faith. That's it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    ^ Seriously, a little faith. That's it.
    Faith is the codependant weakling's version of strength. It's fear driven.
    And promotes ignorance over knowledge for the sake of giving the illusion of reduced risks/increased control.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Depends. Is this internal or an external perception?

Internally, seek what you find interesting and don't be afraid to do it.

External perception will usually include the unusual, risky, inability to have done what you've done therefore the ability to live vicariously through your experiences without the risk of downside.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Faith is the codependant weakling's version of strength. It's fear driven.
    And promotes ignorance over knowledge for the sake of giving the illusion of reduced risks/increased control.
    Blind faith, yes.

If faith is defined "The assured expectation of things not yet realized" then the user has both educated themselves and an understanding that they aren't in the driver's seat.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Blind faith, yes.
    That is redundant, faith is blind by nature, while beliefs are based on empirical data. Then it all depends on how strongly you need a belief to be backed by data to qualify the belief as 'usable'.
    More accurately you have proof, but this only applies to systems with perfect information, basically.
    Then belief, which is the middle ground, knowing that you don't know everything but still basing the jugment on a set of empirical data and sets of technics we developped (repeatability, parcimony etc. to cite a few)
    Then faith, that isn't based on other data than how someone feels about it or how much someone wants something to be true as it'd be in his emotional and or physical interest.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I think never ceasing to expand your horizons leads to an interesting life. It's when we become motionless and enter auto-pilot mode - whether that is in action or in mental/intellectual endeavors - that we begin to stagnate and our mind will start closing out anything new.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That is redundant, faith is blind by nature, while beliefs are based on empirical data. Then it all depends on how strongly you need a belief to be backed by data to qualify the belief as 'usable'.
    More accurately you have proof, but this only applies to systems with perfect information, basically.
    Then belief, which is the middle ground, knowing that you don't know everything but still basing the jugment on a set of empirical data and sets of technics we developped (repeatability, parcimony etc. to cite a few)
    Then faith, that isn't based on other data than how someone feels about it or how much someone wants something to be true as it'd be in his emotional and or physical interest.

Did you catch my edit?

If faith is defined "The assured expectation of things not yet realized" then the user has both educated themselves and an understanding that they aren't in the driver's seat.
    There's blind faith and then there's faith with something behind it.

I think you are overanalyzing it, though. Do you need perfect information to notice if someone or something's reliable? All you need is enough to be convinced yourself.

I don't think it's bad to recognize my need to have faith in something bigger than better than myself.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I think we look to external factors to bring us happiness when infact all along it is within us.

Interesting could be perceived as sadness and loss, for from these ashes brings courage and strength.
    It could be perceived as wealth but again this material wealth may only come when internal wealth is accomplished.

Hmmm.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe