User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Default Spiritually Speaking.

I got slapped inside out and I'm spiritual apparently.
    <--- points to new avatar.

I feel a little bit different.
    Talk to me about being spiritual?

What does being spiritual mean to you?
    What does being non spiritual mean to you?
    What's the difference in being atheist, agnostic, spiritual and religious?

Why are there different beliefs for universal energy?
    Why are these beliefs breaking down universal energy into plurals?
    Define the parameters of this plural belief?
    Would assigning plurals to universal energy be our limiter or expander in our spiritual experience?
    What does divinity mean?
    What does sacred mean?
    What does faith mean?
    What does belief mean?

Spirituality is about connection to me. A sense of something greater, whether it's nature, God, the human community. You feel you are a part of something... cosmic (?)
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I consider myself spritual, but I really have no idea what that means. So, I'm going to try to attempt the answer your questions. Maybe I'll figure some new stuff out about myself. Or maybe it'll be an incoherant mess.

When it comes down to it I think spirituality means that you believe that there is a higher ideal to asipre to, and you wish to work towards that ideal.

What does being non spiritual mean to you?
    It entirely depends. Some people don't like to acknowledge the idea of an ideal to aspire to, because the nature of such an ideal is inherantly mystical. There is no way to get from the materialistic, this is how things work, to the idealistic, this how things should work without making an unsubstantiated, non logical claim. But I find that even those people often meet my definition of spiritual. Someone who is in my eyes non-spiritual, is not interested in self improvement for anything other than hedonistic reasons.

What's the difference in being atheist, agnostic, spiritual and religious?
    Well, I think all of the above can be spiritual, but being athiestic, agnostic and religious is not an indicator of that.

Why are there different beliefs for universal energy?
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, and I can't translate this to my symbol map. Anything within a universe is related.

Why are these beliefs breaking down universal energy into plurals?
    Well, as a general answer, minds are differentiators. We survive by breaking things down into pieces, this is the basis for conciousness. The universe reflects on our mind like a scene in a broken mirror. This is natural.

Define the parameters of this plural belief?
    ?^^^?

Whew, I don't think I can tackle the rest of the questions. I might try again later.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Thanks

Also What's the difference between Traditional and Non-Traditional views? Why are there so many?

I think why I'm asking and exploring the views is I just don't know what to think since September, somethings changed.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Thanks

Also What's the difference between Traditional and Non-Traditional views? Why are there so many?

I think why I'm asking and exploring the views is I just don't know what to think since September, somethings changed.
    All your answers are in one book actually. Jung's Modern Man In Search For His Soul.

It doesnt make sense before you've gone through the sort of experience I think you're describing here.

The Spirit and Moral Courage

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    We all know an army stands of falls on its morale.

Another way of saying this is that a moral army succeeds and an army without morals fails.

And the greatest moral virtue is moral courage.

But moral courage is rare and is often beaten by emotional embarrassment.

So it is now time to leave our emotional embarrassment at home and show our moral courage in public.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Oh what the strange...

I just typed out some perspective on this with my sore wrist...twice...and twice it got wiped accidentally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    All your answers are in one book actually. Jung's Modern Man In Search For His Soul.

It doesnt make sense before you've gone through the sort of experience I think you're describing here.
    Maybe, would be an interesting read.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

What comes to mind when reading these statement.

Flawed Premise #14. There is a God Who, having considered all things, has come to a final and correct conclusion about everything.

Flawed Premise #15. You cannot know, while you are still in your physical body, the true reward or punishment for your physical actions. Your reward or punishment will be shown to you after your physical death.

Flawed Premise #16. By gathering data about the manifestations or results of the way the people of the earth have lived and are living, we can effectively sort them into absolute piles of right and wrong. And once these determinations have been made, we then have only to enforce those conclusions. And once we get everyone to agree with our determinations-and, more important, once we get them to comply with them-we will then have harmony on Earth.

Flawed Premise #17. Only very special people, like the founder of our group, can receive the right message from God. And all other messages from all other messengers are therefore incorrect.
    I should write out the pages explaining them too but each time I tried got lost in translation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I thought that having a plural entity feels like creating secularism, while an entity is accepted feels its just as exclusive and esoteric as any other traditional and non traditional view for being plural rather than all encompassing.

As a child I thought but how do we know the energy we call God isn't misleading. For all we know there could of been a bunch of entities and each got assigned to respective galaxies and God got the short straw and moved away from a collective universal consciousness into a splinter consciousness!?