User Tag List

123 Last

Default If your soul had a gender...

Not too long ago a fortune teller (went with a friend just for kicks, I'm hardly the superstitious type) told me that although I'm a female, my soul is actually quite "male". In turn, I also tend to be drawn to people who are "female".

I've always described myself as a "guy inside a girl's body" and it was perceptive of her to be able to pick this up.

I am wondering to what extent this may be related to MBTI. Obviously a strong T or F may give off male or female vibes. This is very much so for the INFP and INFJ guys I've dated that I would describe to be internally female--nurturing, sensitive, emotionally available. But in the past I have also dated ESTP and ISTJ guys, both of whom I would also describe to be internally female in the same respects.

I am wondering what gender other people would type their soul, with some introspection into their MBTI?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Just curious, but what do you mean by 'soul'? It sounds like how one expresses themselves at a more intimate level with another, a 'true' self, sort of?

I'd say androgynous for me. My soul doesn't like to conform to what society may consider as one gender or another (or another, depending on the society).

Soul... as in how you internally feel about yourself. Sorry it's a fuzzy term and I can't explain it much further than that.

I guess what I'm curious about are people who gender-type their souls differently than their biological gender, and how they navigate societal expectations.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

For me, I would say my soul (inner self, ego, persona, spirit, whatever you want to call it) is androgynous, leaning closer to that of a female (I'm a male btw).

Savage Brain, do you find yourself more attracted to "male" souls then?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Ingenue
    Savage Brain, do you find yourself more attracted to "male" souls then?
    Well, not exactly. I'm really indifferent to attraction male or female souls, rather I'm attracted to people who have gentle, wise, and passionate souls, (souls who are willing to do what is right at the expense of rules or their own devices) regardless of what spiritual gender they are.

Ginkgo

Anima and Animus

Each of us has aspects of both the male and female. Usually, one dominates over the other and becomes the more emphatic in one's personality. That emphasis is what you call either a "male soul" or "female soul".

I find myself more attracted to "male souls", but I'm heterosexual. I enjoy a partner that is directive and somewhat forceful, but in a stern, non-emotional way. Crazy displays of emotion push me back a bit.

Thanks for the link, MT. As I'm reading about the anima, I was taken by this specific statement:

"Because man's sensitivity must often be repressed, the anima is one of the most significant autonomous complexes of all. It is said to manifest itself by appearing in dreams."

I am wondering if anyone has had literal dream manifestations of the unconscious gender. For example, I have had dreams where I am a man... sexual ones even. Wondering if this is just me? lol

Ginkgo

I once had a dream where I was female and pregnant. It was so bizarre that I was a bit confused about my identity after I woke up. I've had other dreams where I became someone else, like a warrior or a lizard-man, but a pregnant woman was the most unexpected.

I've had a reoccurring dream in which I'm chasing this female bounty-hunter who's a strong and silent type. She looks exotic, mixed heritage, and she has corn rows for some reason. She looks like one of those models from the booty-licious magazines, and she always evades me by escaping into a star-ship or vanishing into the foliage of an extraterrestrial planet. That bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Well, not exactly. I'm really indifferent to attraction male or female souls, rather I'm attracted to people who have gentle, wise, and passionate souls, who are willing to do what is right at the expense of rules or their own devices, regardless of who they are.
    Like an INFP.

Oh I'd be the death of you, though. I've always thought of myself as quite Machiavellian.