• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the significance of this dream, do you suppose?

O

Oberon

This is a repost from my blog. It has attracted zero attention there because my blog has become painfully boring of late... I am reposting here in the hopes of getting some feedback.

-da mouse

Two nights ago I had a very vivid dream.

As it began, I was in the field up the hill from my grandfather's house. It was a cool day in November with dark, roiling clouds overhead, but the sky was clear to the west and the last rays of sunset were shining on the house and either side of the small valley where the house stands. I could see that the "shellbark tree" (a shagbark hickory that has stood in the yard for time out of mind) had fallen. It appeared to have blown over. The air felt as though it was right after a rain, and a nervous wind was playing over the hillside. The house and grounds looked neglected, and the road in front of the house appeared as though it had not been traveled in over a decade. All the power was out.

I was accompanied by two other people... I don't remember who, though I had the vague impression that they were family. We had just landed in the field.

"It's a good planet," I explained as we hurried down the hill. "Great resources, but poor government."

Then we were being pursued. The entities who had taken over the place had been following us, and they landed in the field behind us. They shot at us as we ran down the hill to the house. I shouted to the others to run in a zigzag pattern to present a more difficult target. We made it into the house, and the entities followed us.

They looked like men, but were not. They were taller, broader, and somehow grander than humans, bearded, with long hair. There were two of them. The leader of the two came into the door of the house, his weapon holstered, and said "Do you challenge me for supremacy over this place?" His hair and beard were reddish-brown, and he was thick-chested. His manner was very formal.

"I do," I said.

He nodded. "The challenge has been issued and accepted." He proffered me the hilt of a sword, something similar to a cavalry saber. It was single-edged with a fairly broad blade.

"I will explain the rules to you," he said, and while he was explaining the rules I slammed the tip of the sword up under his chin and into his skull. Turns out that was the main point of the rules anyhow.

I knew that, whatever this entity was, he would be supremely skilled at swordplay, whereas I was no better at fencing in my dream than I am in real life... i.e. I can chop brush with a machete, and that's about it. So I surprised him with a hard thrust to the throat, and he died right there in Pappy's kitchen. I had retaken the place.

And then I woke up.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you eat pizza before you went to bed?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, you know I'm a crazy pentecostal but it sounds like there is some religious symbolism there to me. The big guys sound like principalities and it sounds like it's an area in your life or your family's life that ought to be under your authority/protection but it has been taken over by something less than wholesome. It took some effort and thinking on your feet to fix it in the dream so maybe that's what it will take irl.

/Joseph impersonation

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think the key is the "Great resources, poor government," comment. You have been given a wealth of resources on earth, but you are concerned about the way you have been governing your own life. You attack with the sword shows that you have a desire to take over the pieces of your life that are out of control. The fact that you were able to prevail shows that you do actually have confidence in your own abilties, and that you know that if you strike early, that you can have victory.

I agree with cafe about the religious symbolism. Perhaps this is a chance to think about your spiritual priorities. What she said about principalities is from the Bible. It is a reference to areas that are run or overtaken by evil and are therefore difficult to vanquish without Christ's power. Is there some influence in your life that you are concerned might be evil or something that you fear is taking over?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Our subconscious trying to make sense of our lives/days.

O

Oberon

Interesting, cafe and Lily. Your interpretations are simple and direct, and appear to correspond closely to the major points of the dream. Thank you.