User Tag List

123 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Default I Keep on Forgetting to Post This...

I asked some of my co-workers/friends a question on about the devil. It was this:

"If you went up to someone who was always right, no matter what, and they told you you were the Anti-Christ (this requires the belief in Christ) what would change?"

Thoughts?

I also brought up this:

"If you found out that you did not exist, the same person tells you, what would that change?"

It is difficult for myself to imagine how I would change, or what I would change if I found these truths out. A curious thought came to mind though, A "Devil's Advocate"-esque type of thought, would someone who found this out want to change themselves if they found it out?

These are flightly ideas and don't answer ANY practical problem, but it was 'food for thought' .

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Well that would suck. I'd assume they were lying and go on with my supposed Anti-Christ Agenda I assume though. I mean it'd be one thing to be told you would be responsible for a great evil, or you would at least make a mistake that would slow down the progress of mankind, but the Anti-Christ? I don't think I could believe something like that. Too out there.

ReflecTcelfeR

This, I think, is a very understandable response. I suspect that even with the supposition that this person was always right, the first knee-jerk reaction would be to deny it. It would just seem strange that you would be considered the Anti-Christ. Yet, I suppose if you were... You would take pride in the fact? Would it also boil down to knowing it before you were told it?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Yet, I suppose if you were... You would take pride in the fact?
    Why do you say that?
    Would it also boil down to knowing it before you were told it?
    I'd probably kill the prophet who figured out in an overly dramatic fashion to solidify my place as the ultimate mortal evil.

Lightning out of the fingers is usually the best way to do this.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Why do you say that?

I'd probably kill the prophet who figured out in an overly dramatic fashion to solidify my place as the ultimate mortal evil.

Lightning out of the fingers is usually the best way to do this.
    Well, it goes with the second question. If you already knew you were the Anti-Christ and someone told you this, one of his 'faults' some say is pride and I thought that perhaps when he was discovered perhaps this is when he was meant to be discovered so he might start proclaiming the opposite. As he is supposed to appear Christ-like. That seems backwards in some ways. Perhaps he would kill him, in secrecy, and then proclaim himself as Christ.

You kill like a true Sith-Lord should!

I have told people before that I am the antichrist.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I have told people before that I am the antichrist.
    What were their general reactions to that?

Amusement.

Response to Anti-Christ and non-existent questions:

First reaction would be to peer deeply into the speaker's eyes, looking for signs of mental illness. Once convinced, my reaction would be a sense of freedom.

Being the Anti-Christ would mean I would no longer need to be a responsible human being.

If I didn't exist, then there would be no reason to take life seriously since my actions become meaningless and non-harmful, no matter what I did.

Where can I find this always right guy?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

well, according to many people, christ's second coming will entail the presence of the anti-christ. thus, someone must be the anti-christ for good to ultimately win. you'd be oddly bound to be immoral and yet further the cause of final good.

basically i think i would keep doing what i'm doing regardless of either proclamation. though, given not existing, i would start doing stuff like skydiving and BASE jumping. what's there to lose?