User Tag List

First 45678 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I believe all matter is perpetuated indefinitely.

Perhaps we all share essences of past lives with each other.
    I truly, totally believe this too.

Socionics
    ILI

In a manner, yes, though it is through reintegration via a paradox created with the unattainable state of non-existence (excepting in a first-person, existing, frame of reference, i.e. conceptual non-existence) rather than any spiritual connection or ideology.

Essentially, assuming that an Atheistic worldview is true, we arose out of the not-existing non-existence into a corporeal, existing form as consciousness, meaning that if we return to this state of non-existence, we would inevitably reintegrate back into existence due to the fact that it is impossible to maintain a state of non-existence for it contradicts its very nature.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I truly, totally believe this too.
    Brain-Buddies.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Brain-Buddies.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    In a manner, yes, though it is through reintegration via a paradox created with the unattainable state of non-existence (excepting in a first-person, existing, frame of reference, i.e. conceptual non-existence) rather than any spiritual connection or ideology.

Essentially, assuming that an Atheistic worldview is true, we arose out of the not-existing non-existence into a corporeal, existing form as consciousness, meaning that if we return to this state of non-existence, we would inevitably reintegrate back into existence due to the fact that it is impossible to maintain a state of non-existence for it contradicts its very nature.
    "We" would lose our form, though, no? We build neuronal empires, and the memories of those may impact others and resurface in that way, but do you think the precise pattern of our circuitry would reappear? If so, genetics are the only reasonable way of preservation I can imagine, unless you consider our essence something immaterial (souls) that trickles from our physical containers on an unobservable plane. I see no reason to believe that though.

(mostly rhetorical clarification for my sake, since I failed to find your reintegration thread)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Nope. There is not a lick of evidence to even tenuously support the idea of it, and any "evidence" that has claimed to me is quickly discredited.

It's sad though, reincarnation would make my "purpose" in living a lot more meaningful, at least with respect to my drive to do stuff.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    "We" would lose our form, though, no? We build neuronal empires, and the memories of those may impact others and resurface in that way, but do you think the precise pattern of our circuitry would reappear? If so, genetics are the only reasonable way of preservation I can imagine, unless you consider our essence something immaterial (souls) that trickles from our physical containers on an unobservable plane. I see no reason to believe that though.
    Spontaneous reintegration. When we die, we (our consciousnesses) cease to function and exist. Therefore, we would enter the plane of non-existence, but that's impossible due to the fact that non-existence can't exist due to the infinite potential of non-existence to exist, so, when we die, we would simply become non-existent for no amount of time (no amount of time due to the fact that there is no such thing as time in non-existence due to the fact that non-existence is separate from existence but at the same time also non-existent itself) and then be randomly reintegrated back into existence as anything at any point in time or space or any other dimensional axes due to the fact that non-existence would be unfettered by the laws of existence due to its absence.

Essentially it's just a loophole in the system (a paradox).

Reintegration threads (a huge chunk of it is in my members' blog "Scribbles of a Madman" and I don't think your post count is high enough to get there; I also realized I coined reintegration in my blog, so that's why it isn't specifically mentioned in these threads):

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yes. There are some fascinating accounts of children's past life experiences in Carol Bowman's book "Return From Heaven". There is also an online forum that lets parents of such children share their experiences. I accept anecdotal evidence if there is enough of it and there are thousands of such accounts, many of them collected by Ian Stevenson.

"Stevenson helped to found the Society for Scientific Exploration in 1982, and was the author of around three hundred papers and fourteen books on reincarnation, including Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation (1966) and European Cases of the Reincarnation Type (2003). His major work was the 2,268-page, two-volume Reincarnation and Biology: A Contribution to the Etiology of Birthmarks and Birth Defects (1997). This reported two hundred cases of birth-marks that, he believed, corresponded with a wound on the deceased person whose life the child purported to recall."
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I don't remember my existence before I was who I am so why the fuck would I care, if I'm not going to know how it's going to be in another life form or in darkness?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

In the sense that

energy isn't destroyed, so our energy is redirected upon death

and

ultimately our physical matter will return to the cosmic dust; until that time, it is recycled into the circle of life a la cutesy Disney musicals.

But, is there a cosmic waiting room where our souls wait in line until assignment to a new body? I doubt it. I find certain Tibetan Buddhist ideas and concepts regarding reincarnation very fascinating, but I remain skeptical.

Perhaps our memories and thoughts are somehow cycled around, potentially explaining how a five year old in an american suburb might have vivid and detailed memories of the inner workings of a WWII Bomber Plane and how the hell I was speaking German in my sleep (according to an exchange student I roomed with in college) when I had not taken a single course in german.