User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Every individual does lives an infinite timelines but we don't necessarily remember each timeline so each time we live here feels like a fresh new experience. Leaving us with the option of living life to the fullest and to leave our reincarnation with an awesome identity and stream of memories

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    @Alea_iacta_est @Nights and Days

This idea of experiencing existence ad infinitum...it's something I've been speculating on since I was a boy. I agree it can be depressing to fathom reliving the same life on repeat but...

When I try to visualize time, I don't look at it as a solid line from beginning to end (I imagine this is how most people envision it), nor do I see it as an unending circular cycle (the hindu time), but rather as spherical. Picture a vast orb slowly rotating and that is how I like to envision time. Reincarnation might work in this model.

I also think there is a possibility that there are infinite universes occupying that same sphere--Infinite "timelines" arising out of every possible scenario. The number of them that exist is unfathomable. Every so often they converge and/or intersect. These infinite "timelines" cycle across the orb or sphere, repeating, intersecting, spawning new time lines, so while we may be doomed to repeat the unpleasant aspects of our existence, there will always be new possibilities. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination, to steal from Star Trek.

See also the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Parallels" in which Lt. Worf finds himself randomly shifting from one timeline to another.
    Interesting that you view time as a sphere, for I still view time as a linear dimensional aspect, but it possess branches into several different parallel universes, and since there is no beginning and no end, it would be ubiquitous in its occupation of abstract reality (you just gave me an epiphany good sir, thank you, I was working this out in my head as I was writing it). Due to the fact that time exists (or at least decay) and is observable, and we make the assumption that this subset's existence had no beginning nor end, then there would be no center for this sphere and no beginning or end point for this line that might explain time, rather, time would be an infinite body sort of like an ocean that never ends, with no epicenter as well due to the fact that there was no beginning point. Due to the nature of the sphere and its equal covering of space everywhere, time would be spherical but paradoxically have no true radii as there is no center point. How intriguing, I'm going to be attempting to disseminate this further in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Interesting that you view time as a sphere, for I still view time as a linear dimensional aspect, but it possess branches into several different parallel universes, and since there is no beginning and no end, it would be ubiquitous in its occupation of abstract reality (you just gave me an epiphany good sir, thank you, I was working this out in my head as I was writing it). Due to the fact that time exists (or at least decay) and is observable, and we make the assumption that this subset's existence had no beginning nor end, then there would be no center for this sphere and no beginning or end point for this line that might explain time, rather, time would be an infinite body sort of like an ocean that never ends, with no epicenter as well due to the fact that there was no beginning point. Due to the nature of the sphere and its equal covering of space everywhere, time would be spherical but paradoxically have no true radii as there is no center point. How intriguing, I'm going to be attempting to disseminate this further in my mind.
    interesting. I really like the endless ocean metaphor.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
    that's exactly what I think, too
    Glad you think that as well. However, my perspective has changed somewhat since then.

To me, the concept of reincarnation is rendered moot by the idea of a boundless multiverse.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I wish it existed--and I sort of hope it does. It's much more romantic that way--to stay here, and go through life all over again in a completely different way, and all that.

Currently I believe in a more dismal perspective: that we only live once in this shape, and our energy is transferred into the earth to be used at the whim of it--mostly as decomposed matter, food, etc. etc. Which is pretty hippy in its own sense.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes.

For some of the things I deal with and some of the circles I run in various details on this topic, particularly past life karma and associated subtle energies, are par for the course and somewhat, rather, or very frequent.

MBTI
    yupp

I feel like it has to be true, how can we have this many humans and each one have different souls?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I feel like it has to be true, how can we have this many humans and each one have different souls?
    We are all cut from the same cloth.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    We are all cut from the same cloth.
    not cloth are skin is too plasticky to be cut from cloth and are inners too slimey
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I wish it existed--and I sort of hope it does. It's much more romantic that way--to stay here, and go through life all over again in a completely different way, and all that.
    It wouldn't always be romantic, you could suffer a lot in your next life ...