• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bible All True Says Cracked.com

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You're right. I forgot 'And in Some Cases Assuming Further Research Doesn't Prove The Theory Completely Incorrect'

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Everyone knows this is a comedy piece, right? Right?

As was much of my response (err, intended to be humorous, that is). I actually read Cracked regularly, and a lot of it is really interesting (they often provide at least some citations too, which is nice). But the point is that as far as proving these beliefs (one of which isn't even a Christian belief and some of which have similar enough stories in other religions to be equally 'validated') 'True' or citing evidence of the validity of various Biblical ideas, this is pretty weak stuff.

My guess is that Lark is also aware of that and using a fair share of sarcasm.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lark, are you for real?

Seriously, using a Cracked article that refers to a limited number of biblical phenomena as being naturally occurring... as proof the Bible is all true? Either you're trolling or making Forrest Gump look like a Nobel laureate.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah but what does MAD magazine have to say?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cracked is actually usually fairly reliable in its fact-finding, comedy magazine or not.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Aleksei, that may be true, but their validation for Adam and Eve, even in this article, is as such:

Assuming from the get-go evolution is true, then at some point in human history (note: before the world was created 6,000 years ago according to creationism) a man, whom existed not in the location Eden supposedly existed (in the Middle East, not Africa, given geological evidence from the Bible) in and was born of two parents whom fucked mutated a genetic aspect common to all men today. Also, a woman, also made more out of fucking than a rib and who did not live within one hundred millenia of the aforementioned Adam also randomly mutated something now common to all female humans. There was no snake. There was no apple (or fig, as it was originally intended). There was no Godly advice. There was no original sin. There was only a couple widely separated possible to probable common ancestors, existing in purely evolutionary terms.

They really aren't saying these myths are at all accurate, but that they aline with possible truths very loosely.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
Aleksei, that may be true, but their validation for Adam and Eve, even in this article, is as such:

Assuming from the get-go evolution is true, then at some point in human history (note: before the world was created 6,000 years ago according to creationism) a man, whom existed not in the location Eden supposedly existed (in the Middle East, not Africa, given geological evidence from the Bible) in and was born of two parents whom fucked mutated a genetic aspect common to all men today. Also, a woman, also made more out of fucking than a rib and who did not live within one hundred millenia of the aforementioned Adam also randomly mutated something now common to all female humans. There was no snake. There was no apple (or fig, as it was originally intended). There was no Godly advice. There was no original sin. There was only a couple widely separated possible to probable common ancestors, existing in purely evolutionary terms.

They really aren't saying these myths are at all accurate, but that they aline with possible truths very loosely.

Iono man, all that incest would explain a large portion of the human race :p

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The point of the Adam & Eve thing is that all humans are descended from one common mother, Eve. There is evidence that actually supports this theory; there is no evidence that a talking snake tricked the ancestors of humankind into becoming intelligent by eating the fruit of a tree.

Also, meme related: Obvious troll is obvious.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Most of these are well known scientific occurrences that have already been hooked up with several well reasoned hypotheses. Number 1 on the list directly references Mitochondrial Eve and the fairly mainstream subject of Lucy. The idea that people are suddenly connecting them with various religious beliefs is bizarre. Are we going to go back to claiming that the sun is a deity, now?

I've always felt that if any object in the readily observable universe was worthy of worship, it would have to be Sol. Without Sol, I would assert that a vast majority of the life processes on this planet would be impossible. Therefore, we should revere and give thanks to Sol before other fictional or ambiguous entities.