• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

War is Beautiful

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha war...beautiful?

Tell that to the guys who lose'em. lol
Example:
Warsaw gets wiped off the face of Earth. I'm sure there wasn't one twisted guy in there who though that was beautiful.
Things are different if you are detached.

Romania joins the nazis in Word War 2, fights USSR, then is occupied by USSR, and after that we get 50 years of communism throwing us in the middle ages.

Or the jews. I'm not getting started on the jews.

Looking from a detached perspective, war can be a lot of things.
But for me in ain't beautiful.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Only in war does a human being feed the instinctive desire to destroy the life around them. It is only directed at life; its nature depends on it.

Well, that's certainly questionable. Take this examination, which claims only something in the order of 15 to 20 percent of soldiers try to actually kill the enemy in the heat f battle (a hypothesis that seems consistent with expected death rates in many battles v. actual death rates, suggesting many soldiers either don't fire or intentionally miss):

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/greatergood/archive/2007summer/grossman.pdf