User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

It doesn't do more then destroy human beings, waste resources, cause stagnation and problems, aswell as replace the old order with a new one. It doesn't have anymore qualities then that. The fact that some people are stupid enough to want to go to war in the first place and then later regret is really obvious. It's far from beautifull to want to rebuild infrastructure, it's a logical conclusion when recovering.

Anyone whose actually directly been in a combat zone and seen warfare knows that war does anything but invoke positive feelings or fascination in a normal human being. It is probably the worst and most self-undermining state mankind are able to conceive. Those who've been enthusiastic about it quickly lose their misconceptions once they experience it and view it's detrimental effects. While certainly it is interesting, it should not be considered glamorous.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w6

War is a symptom. Is cancer beautiful?
    "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor." - George Carlin

MBTI
    INTJ

Merc, are you implying that cancer is a symptom?
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Merc, are you implying that cancer is a symptom?
    It is..

Cancer is when a tumour (of which everyone has many at any given time) grows beyond the immune system's ability to control it.

The immune system is more than capable of destroying any tumour that develops, when it is running at full capacity - which takes about 11% of the body's energy throughput.

Cortisol, the fight-or-flight hormone, shuts down digestion and the immune system in order to provide an excess of energy during those crucial moments where you might have to punch out a bear or lift a tree off of your child.

Modern society is structured so that stressful situations, instead of lasting a few minutes or a few hours, instead last for weeks, months, decades.

If you are 'running hot' with high cortisol levels, like most people, you are eventually going to develop cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Genetics merely determine in which order.

A bit of a simplification but that is the gist of it.

As for the beauty of war, there isn't any. There are good reasons to kill people, and there are reasons to go to war. These groups do not intersect.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

wow thanks that's both clarifying and relieving!
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

I should clarify that once a tumour gets beyond a certain size, then your immune system can't handle it anymore. When I say 'The immune system is more than capable of destroying any tumour that develops', I mean it is capable of destroying the tiny ones that happen naturally.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    SEXY

After every war a little symmetry is added to the world; litterally.

(removed)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

...I can't see the formal philosophy very well in the op. Maybe that thing counts as "spirituality"?

All I see is an aesthetic unfalsifiable judgment and a lot of reverse-engineering to force the axiom through the use of a non-sequitur vis-a-vis the human unconscious.

Maybe it was supposed to be inspirational, like those motivational posters...? I'm not sure. What exactly are the premises of the discussion again?

Please help.

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    ...I can't see the formal philosophy very well in the op. Maybe that thing counts as "spirituality"?

All I see is an aesthetic unfalsifiable judgment and a lot of reverse-engineering to force the axiom through the use of a non-sequitur vis-a-vis the human unconscious.

Maybe it was supposed to be inspirational, like those motivational posters...? I'm not sure. What exactly are the premises of the discussion again?

Please help.
    Guess I'll resurrect this and see if anyone that posts after this is actually capable of reading and learning.

It's utterly amazing that people don't seem to know how to read the posts before they decide to make themselves look like complete idiots and it was my mistake for thinking people are capable of being more than one-dimensional about an idea I had, where the beauty was my enjoyment of the idea and what it could mean and not some psychopathic or sociopathic desire to destroy other beings (not that it makes any difference though for argument's sake or that I feel the need to justify myself).

For those completely sheltered that are incapable of at least understanding some philosophy of human aggression and force, I want to say "YOU ARE ALL RIGHT. I SEE THE LIGHT. WE SHOULD HOLD HANDS AND SING KOOMBAYA NOW. LET'S MAKE LOVE TOO. LOVE AND PEACE BABY."

And for you simpletons that feel the need to add insult to injury and seem completely unable to ever give a person the benefit of the doubt, I hate you and the vile confrontational and deriding atmosphere that you habitually foster in this forum.

Now Please die (I know you won't ). Or find something better to do (but you won't do this either will you? ).

MBTI
    INFP

Wow, a lot of you thinkers seem to troll in feel-speak.

I understand what you mean Sticks, but you don't need to get so worked up. Maybe you didn't express your point as elegantly as some of these folks would prefer, or maybe you're just not allowed an opinion seeing as you didn't grow up in no-man's-land like everyone else seems to have, but flipping out isn't going to help.

My tuppence on the matter: war is beautiful. How can something of such consequence not be? War is full of nasty things; unnecessary sorrow, pain and death. How much emotion do these things evoke? How much art have they inspired? They are beautiful, and it's better that they be considered beautiful than for us to remember the victims as pitiable statistics. Beauty is, of course, in the eye of the beholder but we all know that war is horrible and that it should be avoided at all costs, the poster of this thread surely knows this too. We don't have to prove it in some game of moral oneupmanship. I think that a thing can be beautiful and unconscionable, I see no contradiction there.

I don't think that war is inevitable or that a cycle of war is an integral part of our race's development, but even if nothing at all can be said in its defense it can't be denied that we wouldn't be where we are now without it. We may well be in a better place, but we wouldn't be here.