User Tag List

First 91011

It is probably easier. In a way, religion fills that "missing" spot in a person's life.

What happens when we die? Do we just rot in the ground? Do we go up to heaven? What is that purpose other than to live in this place? Is there even a purpose?

At the same time, if there are people who truly follow a religion to it's best extent (people who actually follow it, not the one's who don't follow it but say they are of "this" religion")

It is like a monk practicing Theravada/Tibetan Buddhism and living in Tibet.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think it's probably easier to live without religion. But, when you know that you know that it's true, whether it's easier or not ceases to be the driving question. In a similar way, it would probably be easier to live without my kids, but it's not like I'm going to consciously make the choice to live without them to make my life easier.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Life is so so so much easier with Jesus. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Life without Jesus...how's that working for you?" Although it is meant to be "in your face," it is so absolutely true.

I'm not talking about religion here - I'm talking about walking with Jesus in a relationship. A lot of people have probably had a lot of stress added to their lives by well meaning but misguided "religious" rules.

MBTI
    ISFJ

More important than living with religion is to live with philosophy. Religion often has a philosophy of it's own, but you needn't to be religious to subscribe to philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Life is so so so much easier with Jesus. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Life without Jesus...how's that working for you?" Although it is meant to be "in your face," it is so absolutely true.

I'm not talking about religion here - I'm talking about walking with Jesus in a relationship. A lot of people have probably had a lot of stress added to their lives by well meaning but misguided "religious" rules.
    Imaginary friend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've begun to think that an easy life might not be that interesting.