• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do religions hate gays so darn much?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Respect other's opinions, silly as they may be to you.

Do you not think this is just a tiny bit hypocritical after you just said "fuck that" to a whole bunch of other people's opinions?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dude, who are you? Respect other's opinions, silly as they may be to you. Stop thinking your some hot shot intellectual, you're just a guy. And I've never personally liked your stuck up behavior.

Peguy is quite educated, and I would consider him an intellectual...I don't think saying "fuck Christians and fuck Christianity" is a very well-developed or logical argument, either.

However - since we're throwing out random, emotive opinions, I'm going to go with ESFP for you. :coffee:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't mind lesbians adopting kids but I would be uncomfortable about two men adopting a child because of the greater chances that they might be pedophiles and what a fucked life that kid would have if they indeed were.

So let's see... in the official database, there are 1811 known offenders per million in the State of California (which is one of the highest numbers of all the states). Let's assume that half the population is men, which means 1811 out of 500,000.

So .36% of all men in the state of California are known pedophiles, which covers a wide range of crimes. If you have a gay couple, I guess that doubles the odds to .72% that one of them will a pedophile... although this is no different than a het marriage where the man is a pedophile and the wife is present to "stabilize the situation" and help prevent the child from being molested. So at this point we have no real difference between het and male gay marriages, as we have one offending parent and one upright parent to provide a counterbalance.

Now, to actually have both men be pedophiles and thus leave the child with no resource is .36% x .36% = .1296% that both men will be pedophiles, thus meaning the evils of having two male parents will be visited upon the poor child. Yes, this is definitely a sharp increase of danger to all children. Regardless of all the crap kids go through non-related to sex offenses in a typical het family and yet no one is considering keeping children away from male/female pairings.

Of course, I'm not really sure why neither offender would be picked up on a rigorous adoptive-family background check -- they're going to be under MORE scrutiny and if there's any known record, so much for THAT -- but I'm left feeling like your comment makes about as much sense as body-searching all the Muslims of either gender at the airport while letting the happy white Christian folk pass through to their plane flight.

Let's get something straight here: They're GAY... attracted to adults of the same gender... not pedophiles who are attracted to children.

If you're going to say things like this, please be prepared to tell all fathers that they shouldn't be allowed to raise daughters because, since they're attracted to women, they might molest their daughters and we can't really trust them. And if only one man in 700 molests his daughter, that should be enough to take all daughters away from their dads.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Do you not think this is just a tiny bit hypocritical after you just said "fuck that" to a whole bunch of other people's opinions?

No, I don't.

Peguy is quite educated, and I would consider him an intellectual...I don't think saying "fuck Christians and fuck Christianity" is a very well-developed or logical argument, either.

However - since we're throwing out random, emotive opinions, I'm going to go with ESFP for you. :coffee:

Maybe so, but that doesn't do a whole lot for decency and understanding, does it? and nice, you're brilliant. there you go with the judgments.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe so, but that doesn't do a whole lot for decency and understanding, does it? and nice, you're brilliant. there you go with the judgments.

Do you realize how indecent and judgemental your own posts sound? Do you really think that you're displaying decency and understanding?

I'm totally at a loss, here.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
have you ever heard of teenage anger? I'm not an adult, and I haven't developed into a budding intellectual like all of you bright minded people YET.

Mole

Permabanned
A lot of people are designed to key off external source and not trust the inner voice.

Yes, it seems very common not to trust the inner voice.

And worse it is just taken for granted so it seems obvious to trust the external, and just to repeat the external voice around us.

Yet the inner voice is profoundly sweet.

But the problem comes when the inner voice contradicts the outer voice.

And gosh, we can't have contradiction, can we? Contradiction is disruptive. Contradiction disrupts the even flow. But, they keep on telling us, contradiction is illogical, it even violates the law of the excluded middle. Contradiction isn't even nice.

'Contra-dict' means to speak against. And we don't contradict our elders, we don't contradict the wealthy, we don't contradict the owners, we don't contradict the powerful, we certainly don't contradict the famous, and we never contradict military orders. We don't even contradict holy orders. And we don't contradict because there is a price to pay.

It takes moral courage to listen to the sweet inner voice.

But it's there like a bubbling spring and all we have to do is listen.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Of course, I'm not really sure why neither offender would be picked up on a rigorous adoptive-family background check -- they're going to be under MORE scrutiny and if there's any known record, so much for THAT --

The obvious answer is that not all child molesters have a record, as some of them are much better at hiding than others. But like you say, this is true whether a pedophile is in a gay decoy-relationship or a straight one.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
have you ever heard of teenage anger? I'm not an adult, and I haven't developed into a budding intellectual like all of you bright minded people YET.

You don't get a free pass to say things like that without being called on it because you're a teenager, sorry. (Like we've discussed before in various Feedback threads, insulting a group is not against the forum rules, but the author of a post that insults a group is not protected from the inevitable schooling they're going to get from the other members.)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Do you realize how indecent and judgemental your own posts sound? Do you really think that you're displaying decency and understanding?

I'm totally at a loss, here.

In no way was my post a judgment. I have neither use nor faith for Christianity. By saying "fucking it", I'm not judging it. To put it nicely, I'm saying "I do not agree or appreciate much of Christianity as a whole. Therefore, I'm ditching it."

If something like that bothers you, you've got problems.

Plus, ever heard of a hyperbole? I wasn't being 100% serious when I posted that in the first place.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

If you have awareness of your own teen anger than you should be reflective enough to comprehend what you're doing. You say that as though we should just pat you on the head and accept it blindly because you're seventeen.

As a matter of fact, though, when I was in high school I read voraciously and took AP classes, so I'm not sure what being an adult has to do with being a "budding intellectual."

No one is saying that you aren't intelligent, but the way you are expressing your opinions is kind of hypocritical and counterproductive.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You don't get a free pass to say things without being called on it because you're a teenager, sorry. (Like we've discussed before in various Feedback threads, insulting a group is not against the forum rules, but the author of a post that insults a group is not protected from the inevitable schooling they're going to get from the other members.)

I'm just trying to back my case up as I get called out. All I'm saying is that I think my post has been mis/over interpreted. If I thought my post would honestly serve as the cornerstone to an argument, I wouldn't have posted it. Like I said, I'm just an idiot kid. I can't back a lot my shit up.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Let's get something straight here: They're GAY... attracted to adults of the same gender... not pedophiles who are attracted to children.

If you're going to say things like this, please be prepared to tell all fathers that they shouldn't be allowed to raise daughters because, since they're attracted to women, they might molest their daughters and we can't really trust them. And if only one man in 700 molests his daughter, that should be enough to take all daughters away from their dads.

That's the bit that matters.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm just trying to back my case up as I get called out. All I'm saying is that I think my post has been mis/over interpreted. If I thought my post would honestly serve as the cornerstone to an argument, I wouldn't have posted it. Like I said, I'm just an idiot kid. I can't back a lot my shit up.
Okay, as long as you realize how adorably illogical you're being.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If you have awareness of your own teen anger than you should be reflective enough to comprehend what you're doing. You say that as though we should just pat you on the head and accept it blindly because you're seventeen.

As a matter of fact, though, when I was in high school I read voraciously and took AP classes, so I'm not sure what being an adult has to do with being a "budding intellectual."

No one is saying that you aren't intelligent, but the way you are expressing your opinions is kind of hypocritical and counterproductive.

Alright, Marmalade. You've really fine-tuned your Diplomacy skills. I'm not going to back myself up any further.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In no way was my post a judgment. I have neither use nor faith for Christianity. By saying "fucking it", I'm not judging it. To put it nicely, I'm saying "I do not agree or appreciate much of Christianity as a whole. Therefore, I'm ditching it."

If something like that bothers you, you've got problems.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm actually agnostic myself, and I take no issue with you "ditching" Christianity. However, it's the hypocrisy of you calling other people judgmental that is a tad bit annoying.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm actually agnostic myself, and I take no issue with you "ditching" Christianity. However, it's the hypocrisy of you calling other people judgmental that is a tad bit annoying.

No...I was simply trying to force him to start accepting different/less intelligible opinions in regards to Christianity. You know what I'm saying?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
With seeing that respecting opinions and views goes both ways. Aside from that, of course you're free to reject Christianity if you want. I have no desire to convert you, but I do have a desire to contradict misinformation (like when a statement is made about a group that really only applies to a certain subset of that group).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No...I was simply trying to force him to start accepting different/less intelligible opinions in regards to Christianity. You know what I'm saying?

I know you're young so I'll help you out:

1) You can't force anyone to do anything.

2) Very few people are going to accept "less intelligible" opinions in regard to most things they strongly care about. Just because you express your opinion on this forum doesn't mean that anyone has to like it, or can't immediately disagree with it, whether it's intellectually or emotionally motivated.

The nature of the Internet is often to argue, and the less you can back up your arguments, the less respect you'll get. That's just how it is. That isn't to say you should not express emotional opinions - I do it all of the time - but don't expect everyone around you to just say "cool, man."