User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 184

  1. #81
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    Respect other's opinions, silly as they may be to you.
    Do you not think this is just a tiny bit hypocritical after you just said "fuck that" to a whole bunch of other people's opinions?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  2. #82
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    Dude, who are you? Respect other's opinions, silly as they may be to you. Stop thinking your some hot shot intellectual, you're just a guy. And I've never personally liked your stuck up behavior.
    Peguy is quite educated, and I would consider him an intellectual...I don't think saying "fuck Christians and fuck Christianity" is a very well-developed or logical argument, either.

    However - since we're throwing out random, emotive opinions, I'm going to go with ESFP for you.

  3. #83
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I don't mind lesbians adopting kids but I would be uncomfortable about two men adopting a child because of the greater chances that they might be pedophiles and what a fucked life that kid would have if they indeed were.
    So let's see... in the official database, there are 1811 known offenders per million in the State of California (which is one of the highest numbers of all the states). Let's assume that half the population is men, which means 1811 out of 500,000.

    So .36% of all men in the state of California are known pedophiles, which covers a wide range of crimes. If you have a gay couple, I guess that doubles the odds to .72% that one of them will a pedophile... although this is no different than a het marriage where the man is a pedophile and the wife is present to "stabilize the situation" and help prevent the child from being molested. So at this point we have no real difference between het and male gay marriages, as we have one offending parent and one upright parent to provide a counterbalance.

    Now, to actually have both men be pedophiles and thus leave the child with no resource is .36% x .36% = .1296% that both men will be pedophiles, thus meaning the evils of having two male parents will be visited upon the poor child. Yes, this is definitely a sharp increase of danger to all children. Regardless of all the crap kids go through non-related to sex offenses in a typical het family and yet no one is considering keeping children away from male/female pairings.

    Of course, I'm not really sure why neither offender would be picked up on a rigorous adoptive-family background check -- they're going to be under MORE scrutiny and if there's any known record, so much for THAT -- but I'm left feeling like your comment makes about as much sense as body-searching all the Muslims of either gender at the airport while letting the happy white Christian folk pass through to their plane flight.

    Let's get something straight here: They're GAY... attracted to adults of the same gender... not pedophiles who are attracted to children.

    If you're going to say things like this, please be prepared to tell all fathers that they shouldn't be allowed to raise daughters because, since they're attracted to women, they might molest their daughters and we can't really trust them. And if only one man in 700 molests his daughter, that should be enough to take all daughters away from their dads.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #84
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Do you not think this is just a tiny bit hypocritical after you just said "fuck that" to a whole bunch of other people's opinions?
    No, I don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Peguy is quite educated, and I would consider him an intellectual...I don't think saying "fuck Christians and fuck Christianity" is a very well-developed or logical argument, either.

    However - since we're throwing out random, emotive opinions, I'm going to go with ESFP for you.
    Maybe so, but that doesn't do a whole lot for decency and understanding, does it? and nice, you're brilliant. there you go with the judgments.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  5. #85
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post



    Maybe so, but that doesn't do a whole lot for decency and understanding, does it? and nice, you're brilliant. there you go with the judgments.
    Do you realize how indecent and judgemental your own posts sound? Do you really think that you're displaying decency and understanding?

    I'm totally at a loss, here.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    have you ever heard of teenage anger? I'm not an adult, and I haven't developed into a budding intellectual like all of you bright minded people YET.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  7. #87
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A lot of people are designed to key off external source and not trust the inner voice.
    Yes, it seems very common not to trust the inner voice.

    And worse it is just taken for granted so it seems obvious to trust the external, and just to repeat the external voice around us.

    Yet the inner voice is profoundly sweet.

    But the problem comes when the inner voice contradicts the outer voice.

    And gosh, we can't have contradiction, can we? Contradiction is disruptive. Contradiction disrupts the even flow. But, they keep on telling us, contradiction is illogical, it even violates the law of the excluded middle. Contradiction isn't even nice.

    'Contra-dict' means to speak against. And we don't contradict our elders, we don't contradict the wealthy, we don't contradict the owners, we don't contradict the powerful, we certainly don't contradict the famous, and we never contradict military orders. We don't even contradict holy orders. And we don't contradict because there is a price to pay.

    It takes moral courage to listen to the sweet inner voice.

    But it's there like a bubbling spring and all we have to do is listen.

  8. #88
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Of course, I'm not really sure why neither offender would be picked up on a rigorous adoptive-family background check -- they're going to be under MORE scrutiny and if there's any known record, so much for THAT --
    The obvious answer is that not all child molesters have a record, as some of them are much better at hiding than others. But like you say, this is true whether a pedophile is in a gay decoy-relationship or a straight one.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  9. #89
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    have you ever heard of teenage anger? I'm not an adult, and I haven't developed into a budding intellectual like all of you bright minded people YET.
    You don't get a free pass to say things like that without being called on it because you're a teenager, sorry. (Like we've discussed before in various Feedback threads, insulting a group is not against the forum rules, but the author of a post that insults a group is not protected from the inevitable schooling they're going to get from the other members.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  10. #90
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Do you realize how indecent and judgemental your own posts sound? Do you really think that you're displaying decency and understanding?

    I'm totally at a loss, here.
    In no way was my post a judgment. I have neither use nor faith for Christianity. By saying "fucking it", I'm not judging it. To put it nicely, I'm saying "I do not agree or appreciate much of Christianity as a whole. Therefore, I'm ditching it."

    If something like that bothers you, you've got problems.

    Plus, ever heard of a hyperbole? I wasn't being 100% serious when I posted that in the first place.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Similar Threads

  1. why do girls love entps so much?
    By chado in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: 10-14-2017, 08:03 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Why do I get along so well with INFJ's?
    By Liason in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 11:48 PM
  3. Why do English teachers suck so vigorously?
    By Risen in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. [NT] "Why do you hate me?"
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO