User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Let me know how much headway you make, since it's "just a choice." And if they don't make the choice you want, you've no choice on your end now but to label them as bad people.
    No.

If they make a choice that condemns people solely on what they are, or condemn harmless human acts as "bad", I'll label them as bad people.

And rightfully so.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    No.

If they make a choice that condemns people solely on what they are, or condemn harmless human acts as "bad", I'll label them as bad people.

And rightfully so.
    Is this INFJ lock?

Sorry, I'm TP.
    I don't go there.
    It's pointless and just perpetuates the hatred.
    That attitude to me is exactly the same pattern that I despise in the people I was referring to earlier.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Is this INFJ lock?
    Possibly. I don't know. It's just what I believe.

If its an attitude I end up being despised for, well...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ Words of Ivory ~

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Christians and muslims both feel that all homosexuality is a sin because its "unnatural" and seemingly contrary to "good organism order", but I believe that is incorrect. Mother nature has shown time and again that there is plenty of reason to have homosexual organisms around.
    Last edited by nozflubber; 08-30-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: ..

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Thanks for explaining in more detail Owl, I just leart something new!

So having the thoughts/attraction isn't an issue, so long as you never act on it?
    This is the exact way to look at it.

When God created Adam and Eve they were perfect, or made according to his standards. When they ate from that tree, they effectively told God they don't need his guidance. That's sin. So from that point they lost their perfect standing with God, and they began to age and die. Genesis 2:17 shows that death only came into the picture as consequence for disobedience.
    That death sentence also passed along to their offspring, who came along after the sentence. Imperfection as well. Instead of just killing off Adam and Eve and the Devil, who caused all this to happen, he has allowed things to go on because the issue of God's right to rule has been raised. In addition to Adam, Eve, and the Devil, there were many other intelligent life forms looking on. If God had destroyed them, he would have demonstrated that he was the most powerful, but that did not prove he had the right to rule. So his solution was to let time pass to show and prove. He said he'd help those who looked to him, as opposed for those who chose to do things their own way- he doesn't make bad happen them, but the withdrawal of his blessing makes it more likely that bad happens.

So humans now live with a host of imperfections. Homosexuality is one of many manifestations of it. Whether it's something learned or something that you are born with is irrelevent- it's a sin, and the practicers of what is sinful is what God disapproves. The best we can do is exercise our faith in Christ, who came to Earth and died for our sins. That's how we are helped to not give in to our sinful tendencies- in relative terms. In Matthew Jesus compares himself to a ransom who came to exchange his soul as a ransom for many. If sin was a master, when Adam messed up, he sold us into slavery. Jesus paid the price to release us from sin.

God doesn't hate gay people, he hates the practice of homosexuality, and any other practice of sin, which is tantamount to giving in to our imperfections and not looking to him for help.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    If its an attitude I end up being despised for, well...
    Note that I did not say that.
    I picked my words very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    ... Mother nature has shown time and again that there is plenty of reason to have homosexual organisms around.
    Like...?

...and yeah, IZthe411, regardless of whether it's true, that does sound like one of the typical cases that gets made and explains the rationality of the opposition.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Note that I did not say that.
    I picked my words very carefully.
    I understand that. It was intended more as a general statement.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ Words of Ivory ~

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Well Jenn i don't have a good academic source but this illustrates the point - Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - "In early February 2004 the New York Times reported that a male pair of chinstrap penguins in the Central Park Zoo in New York City had successfully hatched and fostered a female chick from a fertile egg they had been given to incubate.[7] Other penguins in New York zoos have also been reported to have formed same-sex pairs.[40] [41]

Zoos in Japan and Germany have also documented homosexual male penguin couples.[23][24] The couples have been shown to build nests together and use a stone as a substitute for an egg. Researchers at Rikkyo University in Tokyo found 20 homosexual pairs at 16 major aquariums and zoos in Japan."

Homosexual organisms still have the desire to help cultivate the young and take care of others. They also are successful at many labors, skills, talents needed for the division of labor. To make a really absurd and possibly offensive type analogy, homosexuals can make great ESFJ-providers.

The people that say homosexuality has no useful function (IE "imperfection", a dubious inference no less) usually do so on the basis that for any species to survive, there needs to be a male-female coupling, and their point is very much indisputable. However, that does not necessitate that there must/ought to be all and only male-female couplings. Male-male and female-female matings in pro-social mammals can take on a caretaker/nurturer aspect for that species. Much like the worker drone ant lives out his days and dies for his species without reproducing, so does the homosexual male and female for our species.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

because if you aren't a middle class, church going, straight christian, white american, then God doesn't love you.

Fuck that shit. Fuck Christianity.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Naw its cool if they are hot looking womez (lipstick lesbians) or hot female bisexuals who will bring a hottie chick friend to their boyfriends house. Its pretty nasty if its dudes or ugly women. God never smited cities with fire and brimstone for having cotton blends or eating pork either...so it appears to be an act which is high on his shit list.

Regardless of what the bible/religions may or may not infer...live and let live as I always say.

In fact its a good precedent to support gay rights because as long as they can sodomize each other than the more safe I am to be allowed to sodomize womez. Hell I don't even mind if people fuck animals as long as long as the animal likes it and nobody forces me to watch it.

I don't mind lesbians adopting kids but I would be uncomfortable about two men adopting a child because of the greater chances that they might be pedophiles and what a fucked life that kid would have if they indeed were.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"