MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes folks the only real purpose behind religion(s) is to bash gays. :rolli:
    Yay! I'm going to make t-shirts and sell them and give you half the profit, partner!

... well, maybe just 33%. After all, you only created the slogan; I had to do all the footwork.

Next comes coffee mugs, turnip twiddlers, bumper stickers, and butt tattooes!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Sniffles

I could actually imagine an ironic butt tattoo that said "No butt-f*cking here" or something along those lines.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Religions reject it because it doesn't seem to flow with the natural order of things, a particularly important distinction in the old world when people had a much more limited view on the nature of the world we live in.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Homosexuality was considered mental illness until 1986.
    Homosexuality and Mental Health

For older people, I can understand how something they've been counseled against their entire lives and their parents and grandparents before them, is now all of a sudden not even "sick" or "wrong" but completely ok, healthy and normal, even enough to raise children. It's a huge leap.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    For older people, I can understand how something they've been counseled against their entire lives and their parents and grandparents before them, is now all of a sudden not even "sick" or "wrong" but completely ok, healthy and normal, even enough to raise children. It's a huge leap.
    Not for anyone capable of thinking for themselves, it isn't.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    Not for anyone capable of thinking for themselves, it isn't.
    Ummm.... actually, yeah it is.

Not everyone keys off the internal by nature.

A lot of people are designed to key off external source and not trust the inner voice.

And please don't think I'm making excuses for them, because I've been bitten in the butt badly (and continue to be) by those sorts of people, I'm pissed off right now at some family members for this sort of behavior in recent circumstances... but I've become pretty aware that it's extremely difficult for some types of people to look at situations in new ways until there's enough social pressure to force them to do so.

Your sort of comment is about in lines with their extreme notion that gay people can just "stop being gay and be happy being straight."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

If you've been taught something your entire life that everyone agrees is common knowledge, and you've never been exposed to the thing itself, how are you going to know any different?

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And please don't think I'm making excuses for them, because I've been bitten in the butt badly (and continue to be) by those sorts of people, I'm pissed off right now at some family members for this sort of behavior in recent circumstances... but I've become pretty aware that it's extremely difficult for some types of people to look at situations in new ways until there's enough social pressure to force them to do so.
    Whilst I'm normally completely fine with people having their flaws or their own ways of approaching the many, many things that come our ways in life, this is one of the very few exceptions where I draw the line.

Ignorance is a choice. I've never considered "pressure" to be a valid excuse for not questioning things.

If a person is ignorant of something, they have two choice 1) Educate themselves about the subject it is that they're ignorant about, or 2) Wilfully remain ignorant. The latter I find deplorable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Religions don't hate anyone. A religion does not have a brain, and thus is incapable of emotion.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel