Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    have you ever heard of teenage anger? I'm not an adult, and I haven't developed into a budding intellectual like all of you bright minded people YET.
    If you have awareness of your own teen anger than you should be reflective enough to comprehend what you're doing. You say that as though we should just pat you on the head and accept it blindly because you're seventeen.

As a matter of fact, though, when I was in high school I read voraciously and took AP classes, so I'm not sure what being an adult has to do with being a "budding intellectual."

No one is saying that you aren't intelligent, but the way you are expressing your opinions is kind of hypocritical and counterproductive.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You don't get a free pass to say things without being called on it because you're a teenager, sorry. (Like we've discussed before in various Feedback threads, insulting a group is not against the forum rules, but the author of a post that insults a group is not protected from the inevitable schooling they're going to get from the other members.)
    I'm just trying to back my case up as I get called out. All I'm saying is that I think my post has been mis/over interpreted. If I thought my post would honestly serve as the cornerstone to an argument, I wouldn't have posted it. Like I said, I'm just an idiot kid. I can't back a lot my shit up.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Let's get something straight here: They're GAY... attracted to adults of the same gender... not pedophiles who are attracted to children.

If you're going to say things like this, please be prepared to tell all fathers that they shouldn't be allowed to raise daughters because, since they're attracted to women, they might molest their daughters and we can't really trust them. And if only one man in 700 molests his daughter, that should be enough to take all daughters away from their dads.
    That's the bit that matters.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm just trying to back my case up as I get called out. All I'm saying is that I think my post has been mis/over interpreted. If I thought my post would honestly serve as the cornerstone to an argument, I wouldn't have posted it. Like I said, I'm just an idiot kid. I can't back a lot my shit up.
    Okay, as long as you realize how adorably illogical you're being.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    If you have awareness of your own teen anger than you should be reflective enough to comprehend what you're doing. You say that as though we should just pat you on the head and accept it blindly because you're seventeen.

As a matter of fact, though, when I was in high school I read voraciously and took AP classes, so I'm not sure what being an adult has to do with being a "budding intellectual."

No one is saying that you aren't intelligent, but the way you are expressing your opinions is kind of hypocritical and counterproductive.
    Alright, Marmalade. You've really fine-tuned your Diplomacy skills. I'm not going to back myself up any further.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In no way was my post a judgment. I have neither use nor faith for Christianity. By saying "fucking it", I'm not judging it. To put it nicely, I'm saying "I do not agree or appreciate much of Christianity as a whole. Therefore, I'm ditching it."

If something like that bothers you, you've got problems.
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm actually agnostic myself, and I take no issue with you "ditching" Christianity. However, it's the hypocrisy of you calling other people judgmental that is a tad bit annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Okay, as long as you realize how adorably illogical you're being.
    With the situation? or with my own personal beliefs (i.e "fuck christianity")? Just curious.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm actually agnostic myself, and I take no issue with you "ditching" Christianity. However, it's the hypocrisy of you calling other people judgmental that is a tad bit annoying.
    No...I was simply trying to force him to start accepting different/less intelligible opinions in regards to Christianity. You know what I'm saying?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

With seeing that respecting opinions and views goes both ways. Aside from that, of course you're free to reject Christianity if you want. I have no desire to convert you, but I do have a desire to contradict misinformation (like when a statement is made about a group that really only applies to a certain subset of that group).
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No...I was simply trying to force him to start accepting different/less intelligible opinions in regards to Christianity. You know what I'm saying?
    I know you're young so I'll help you out:

1) You can't force anyone to do anything.

2) Very few people are going to accept "less intelligible" opinions in regard to most things they strongly care about. Just because you express your opinion on this forum doesn't mean that anyone has to like it, or can't immediately disagree with it, whether it's intellectually or emotionally motivated.

The nature of the Internet is often to argue, and the less you can back up your arguments, the less respect you'll get. That's just how it is. That isn't to say you should not express emotional opinions - I do it all of the time - but don't expect everyone around you to just say "cool, man."