User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default delusions of grandeur

I'm sure a lot of people were alongside me, in their younger age, with idealistic thinking of actually being someone reputable and making large accomplishments in life. At one point, I thought I might play in the NBA (ok, I didn't take it that seriously, but I gave it a thought on an occasion or two), another period of life I thought I might be in a touring band... I've since realized that I'm just another face, blending into the sea of millions alike. Being famous isn't going to happen, but that's quite alright, and actually preferable. However, my only hope and concern is that I don't settle into a life of mediocrity where I work a job I don't really enjoy, settle into a relationship I'm not inspired by and put on a fake face as I give a greeting to the strangers I pass on the street.

Do we even leave a mark? What shall our legacy be?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people were alongside me, in their younger age, with idealistic thinking of actually being someone reputable and making large accomplishments in life. At one point, I thought I might play in the NBA (ok, I didn't take it that seriously, but I gave it a thought on an occasion or two), another period of life I thought I might be in a touring band... I've such realized that I'm just another face, blending into the sea of millions alike. Being famous isn't going to happen, but that's quite alright, and actually preferable. However, my only hope and concern is that I don't settle into a life of mediocrity where I work a job I don't really enjoy, settle into a relationship I'm not inspired by and put on a fake face as I give a greeting to the strangers I pass on the street.

Do we even leave a mark? What shall our legacy be?
    Are you kidding? As the first person to unify the planet and lead us into space I think I'm going to be remembered dont you?!

Any day now comrade, any day now. Watch the skies.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Good question Beat.

When I'm inspired, I want to fix terrorism (at least help resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict), redesign the DSM or do away with it altogether and replace it with a system that's more comprehensive and rooted in Buddhist psychology, get nations to start being accountable and stop being so selfish and work towards peace, and change the way communities are being designed.

If I could overcome some of my fears and addictions, who knows. Maybe a movement to band people together to work towards their ideas is what we need.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

I used to believe I was the second coming of christ.

Now I'll settle for a clean floor to sleep on.

Amazing how hard one person can fall...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    I used to believe I was the second coming of christ.

Now I'll settle for a clean floor to sleep on.

Amazing how hard one person can fall...
    Maybe that's what Jesus would have settled for too: the life of a monk.

Sincerely,
    Psychology Jesus

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Maybe that's what Jesus would have settled for too: the life of a monk.

Sincerely,
    Psychology Jesus
    It's my guiding principle. What would (Psychology) Jesus do?

In all honesty (and seriousness), I would have liked to have been part of the movement that bridged the idea/reality gap between political philosophy and national/international constitutional frameworks. Moving towards a smaller government in every way shape and form. There's a lot of thinking going on about how a sustainable anarchy might be possible - where society solves its own problems without depending on the state.

But all those drugs took their toll on my brain. :shrugs: Oh well!

P.S. We need a smiley. STAT!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's my guiding principle. What would (Psychology) Jesus do?

In all honesty (and seriousness), I would have liked to have been part of the movement that bridged the idea/reality gap between political philosophy and national/international constitutional frameworks. Moving towards a smaller government in every way shape and form. There's a lot of thinking going on about how a sustainable anarchy might be possible - where society solves its own problems without depending on the state.

But all those drugs took their toll on my brain. :shrugs: Oh well!

P.S. We need a smiley. STAT!!!
    Not to digress too far, but how would one accomplish that? Writing books? Starting with small experimental governments?

P.S. Yes we do!

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Well, not to get too into it and derail this very interesting thread, the fastest way to get it done is to have someone who's willing to do the right thing in a position of great power and clean out all the garbage that's sitting in the seats of U.S. and World politics. But such a man would never make it to that level, imo. Though hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised. A lot of these ideas about a sustainable anarchy aren't really all that mindblowing or inspiring, either - it's just fucking common sense and anyone with an open mind can appreciate how intuitive it is.

The slower but more realistic approach would be this current trend of merging investigative journalism with new media and the internet - essentially to provide a check to those in power. Wikileaks or the Bureau of Investigative Journalism in London would be something I have in mind. I was THRILLED when I first heard about Wikileaks back in 2007, but now I'm starting to question certain things about their motives and methods. This process would be a lot slower, of course, getting all the hidden information out to people and have people read about it. Increasing general distrust in mainstream media is a plus, for sure.

But I think it can start today. Don't rely on the government to fix your problems. Solve them on your own. Help each other. Build communities and become a part of them to both help others and yourself.

It seems clear to me that in this light, the invention of the internet is possibly the most important development in the history of mankind. I'd say akin to the invention of the wheel.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Wow! I just had a conversation about this with one of my firends the other day. I once heard a person say, "Maturity is realizing your not going to set the world on fire." Somewhat depressing, but in more cases than not accurate.

I had a really exicting life when I was younger. I was full of ambition that lead me to try my hand at a bunch of really cool stuff. I was on TV! I partied with Rage Against the Machine! I sold my art in galleries! Now the highlight of my day is talking to you people oh I meant

I know I am always happier when I am trying new things or going new places so now I do it for the love of the experiences...but there are many days I sure do miss that fire.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Don't rely on the government to fix your problems.
    Do if you dont make them a list of chores they will spend all your taxes on whiskey and women.