• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

delusions of grandeur

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
No really. I sometimes dream of havin a house up in the mountains in some remote town and living with this quiet dreamy girl there.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No really. I sometimes dream of havin a house up in the mountains in some remote town and living with this quiet dreamy girl there.

Quiet dreamy girls, I wonder... Do they truely exist, or are the just figments of our imagination. *swoons*

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
As long as I don't leave a bad one (legacy that is) I don't mind... OOOH and no debts I'd feel bad!

HEE HEE

I saw this documentary about a month ago about this guy who thought he was God and was interviewing russian women to be his bride and to own heaven ( A mansion in Jamaica) with him. It was hillarious... I think they said he had manic depression. He reckoned that it was the best illness in the world... HEE HEE... Man I wish I could find it on youtube it was HILLARIOUS but a bit sad too!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awww :blush:

Seems to me there are an awful lot of women on this forum who are likely to be quiet and dreamy. :)

Probably! But it's a little troubling as I can't see them being all dreamy and quiet on a forum. :shrug:

ygolo

My termites win
I'm sure a lot of people were alongside me, in their younger age, with idealistic thinking of actually being someone reputable and making large accomplishments in life. At one point, I thought I might play in the NBA (ok, I didn't take it that seriously, but I gave it a thought on an occasion or two), another period of life I thought I might be in a touring band... I've since realized that I'm just another face, blending into the sea of millions alike. Being famous isn't going to happen, but that's quite alright, and actually preferable. However, my only hope and concern is that I don't settle into a life of mediocrity where I work a job I don't really enjoy, settle into a relationship I'm not inspired by and put on a fake face as I give a greeting to the strangers I pass on the street.

Do we even leave a mark? What shall our legacy be?

I just went through this long interview process for a job. The main manager said that even though my technical skills were excellent, I seemed like a "fallen warrior," and it seemed like I had "lost my fire."

Unfortunately, that rings somewhat true.

I had big dreams (kinda still do).

For me, giving up on my dreams translates into mediocrity. So I have re-dedicated myself to do big things.

I still wonder though, how, unless rather naive, or aspire only to climb the corporate ladder, people can think that working for a big corporation will lead to making a profound impact. There are a select few who set the visions and directions for big companies, but the rest of us are "foot soldiers." We are needed, and in large numbers, but not really those that make a profound impact.

Mole

Permabanned
The Super Hero, the Hegemon and Oedipus

Pity a country that needs a hero.

And run from the country that keeps stuffing super heroes down our throat.

And pity the little boys who want to be super heroes.

They never grow up. The never mature. They remain Peter Pan all their lives. They never flower and bear fruit, they remain barren all their lives.

The greatest hegemon provides us with the greatest super heroes on our silver screens for little boys to admire. And gosh they do. Every little boy want to be a super hero. Every little boy wants to be a hegemon.

Every little boy wants to defeat his father and possess his mother, and only a super hero can do that.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Ambition = delusions of grandeur
I see myself as ambitious, not delusional. :D!

Permabanned
These days, I'm struggling with managing a somewhat ladder path in order to provide stability/means to and end while keeping a possibly disrupting inner drive and combining the two together. Or something.

KDude

I used to want to write comic books, be a rockstar, FBI agent, space pirate... You know, the usual..

Then I thought.. I liked acting as a kid, and I figured that I could never do any of that other stuff, but it might be alright if I got to play different things for a little while. This didn't last long though. So I'm kind of confused. I think I should just be a librarian. Which would be pretty chill actually :)

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
And pity the little boys who want to be super heroes.

They never grow up. The never mature. They remain Peter Pan all their lives. They never flower and bear fruit, they remain barren all their lives.

You have just stated that little boys who want to be superheroes will never mature, they will have the Peter Pan complex. ALL OF THEM.

Like superheroes are some kind of plague of society.

Superheroes always existed.

Legends, tales of honor and glory, the legend of Achilles for example. Kids believed in them. That didn't make them retarded immature adults later in life.