User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Do we even leave a mark? What shall our legacy be?
    It's rare that any person leaves a mark worth remembering.

This kind of dovetails into the meaning of life. Does it really matter if we have a meaning? Does it really matter if we make a mark?

Death is an eventuality. It's really okay to be a bit player, as long as you haven't wasted your life by hiding in fear.

figsfiggyfigs

This is like LOST... in the end it doesn't matter. Nothing really matters. There IS no point.

It's depressing. I for one would love to leave a positive impact behind. Sadly, the chances are very slim of any of us leaving said impact.

I can dream of grandeur, I can dream of the smaller things in life. Depending on what your final goal, your disposition, and how " grandiose" your vision is, directly effects the possibility of it happening;
    Are you a prisoner that dreams of absolute freedom?
    Are you infertile and dream of having kids?
    Are you scraping-by and dream of owning your own company?
    Are you a mathematician that dreams of solving a previously unsolvable mathematical problem?
    Do you dream of inventing something that will change the way we function in our day-to-day life?

No matter what you do, and how hard you work on it, even ACCOMPLISHING what you thought will win you that voided space in history, which you can forever fill with your name, the question still remains;
    Is it the achievement or the impact of that achievement you wanted?
    Is it rememberable?
    How long will our future generations remember it, before it fades and is rendered useless with the progression of time?

AND above all else.

was it worth it?

Bahh I hope that made sense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post

I can dream of grandeur, I can dream of the smaller things in life. Depending on what your final goal, your disposition, and how " grandiose" your vision is, directly effects the possibility of it happening;
    Are you a prisoner that dreams of absolute freedom?
    Are you infertile and dream of having kids?
    Are you scraping-by and dream of owning your own company?
    Are you a mathematician that dreams of solving a previously unsolvable mathematical problem?
    Do you dream of inventing something that will change the way we function in our day-to-day life?

No matter what you do, and how hard you work on it, even ACCOMPLISHING what you thought will win you that voided space in history, which you can forever fill with your name, the question still remains;
    Is it the achievement or the impact of that achievement you wanted?
    Is it rememberable?
    How long will our future generations remember it, before it fades and is rendered useless with the progression of time?

AND above all else.

was it worth it?

That was beautiful. Forget I Have A Dream ... It's now ...

I Can Dream, But Is It Worth It?

Eh, we have to do something to fill our time here, no? We may as well try to squeeze our name into textbooks.

I never thought that having kids and a stable job would do it for me. But now I realize that those two things by itself is a great blessing. Some people seriously have nothing. You keep hearing about a grandmother in Africa who lost her daughter and her two sons and her first five grandchildren, is dying of HIV and still taking care of her other six grandchildren who are all starving. Wow...I am off track. Must be the Cola I am drinking.