User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

If someone misses you when you are not around.. You have left your mark.

What else can you ask for??

MBTI
    ESFJ

I say believe in grandeur .. One's life can be pretty amazing, even if things don't go to plan. Behind the complexities comes simplicity ..

I never thought i would leave a mark and it didn't really bother me .. Now i realise otherwise .. It's not what i would of imagined but i feel it at my very core .. This is who i am
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I say believe in grandeur ..
    I really like that.

In terms of leaving a mark, you can imagine that you havent done so, until you consider what you would have to do to truly erase yourself from history, not just recorded history, I think people have a much greater impact on one another than they ever realise.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people were alongside me, in their younger age, with idealistic thinking of actually being someone reputable and making large accomplishments in life. At one point, I thought I might play in the NBA (ok, I didn't take it that seriously, but I gave it a thought on an occasion or two), another period of life I thought I might be in a touring band... I've since realized that I'm just another face, blending into the sea of millions alike. Being famous isn't going to happen, but that's quite alright, and actually preferable. However, my only hope and concern is that I don't settle into a life of mediocrity where I work a job I don't really enjoy, settle into a relationship I'm not inspired by and put on a fake face as I give a greeting to the strangers I pass on the street.

Do we even leave a mark? What shall our legacy be?
    The bolded part. Yes, we all blend into the sea of millions but we aren't alike. Every and each of one is unique, the personality and the genetics, our looks, behavioural manners. Actually we are all unique combinations of different things. We do not need actions of grandeur to be unique (combination). It's just if we need others to confirm our uniqueness (to be a celebrity or a great athlete) or not. When a person gets older and gets to know oneself, the need of others to recognize our uniqueness gets smaller. This doesn't fit for everybody and there are always people who get to be famous scientist, athlete, pop star etc. But most of us, we'll be just unique combinations among other unique combinatios.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's more important to be satisfied or happy than to leave a legacy. A lot of miserable, messed up people have left legacies and died young, etc. There are many, many tragic cases of famous people.

It's understandable to want to make some impact on the world, and if you want to, you will. However, that may not necessarily mean that you will be Donald Trump...but there are many people who quietly make a tremendous impact on making the world go around every day.

I used to really have issues with wanting to do something "big" and started to feel bad that there was nothing hugely profound that I seemed to be doing with my life...then I realized that to me my personal happiness in daily life (i.e. being where I want to be, doing what I want to) is more important to me than many things, that I'm one of those people who value time more than money. I like being able to own my time, more so than the idea of owning stuff, though stuff is quite nice and money is useful. Also, I realized that I can make an impact on the world by my relationships with other people and simply helping others in small ways whenever I can, because who knows when you could change someone's life by helping them with something that seems small.

But that's just what matters to me, and you'll find what matters to you. I've only recently been able to come into this sort of peace with myself, so I totally relate to what you're saying.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Even if you are forgotten there is still a chance you will be remembered later on. I'm looking into my family history and unearthing all kinds of intriguing people. I'd be pretty happy just knowing that my kids and grandkids remember me fondly and in future generations someone may look into their own family history and find me there, waving happily.
    Also many people become renowned after they die...Top 10 People Who Became Famous after Death | Top 10 Lists | TopTenz.net

So never stop believing....

“The country knows not yet, or in the least part, how great a son it has lost”
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ISFJ

I can settle for having taught something cool consciously or unconsciously to everyone I've ever known.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    If someone misses you when you are not around.. You have left your mark.
    Very nice, and true.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Smile Mark, Remark and Remarkable

Walk lightly on the earth and leave not a mark in passing.

For those who are happy inside are one with the earth.

Vandals leave their mark. And their mark says simply, I am unhappy - mark my unhappiness.

And the Earth is made to be marked and erases each mark carefully with wind and rain, the very movement of Continents constantly renewing the Earth.

The Earth passes through us just as we pass through the Earth.

Our very elements began in the centre of stars, and we manufacture unhappiness at our very own centre in order to leave our mark as Marcus Brutus left his mark on Caesar and as Mark Antony remarked in his famous speech. So we mark and remark lest we be forgotten.

We all want to make our mark and be remarkable as Caesar - friends, Romans and countrymen, lend me your ears.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I really like that.

In terms of leaving a mark, you can imagine that you havent done so, until you consider what you would have to do to truly erase yourself from history, not just recorded history, I think people have a much greater impact on one another than they ever realise.
    Possibly so but i am modest and appreciate the little things.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe