First 23456 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Awww

Seems to me there are an awful lot of women on this forum who are likely to be quiet and dreamy.
    Probably! But it's a little troubling as I can't see them being all dreamy and quiet on a forum.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

Yea. That's why Van Gogh killed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people were alongside me, in their younger age, with idealistic thinking of actually being someone reputable and making large accomplishments in life. At one point, I thought I might play in the NBA (ok, I didn't take it that seriously, but I gave it a thought on an occasion or two), another period of life I thought I might be in a touring band... I've since realized that I'm just another face, blending into the sea of millions alike. Being famous isn't going to happen, but that's quite alright, and actually preferable. However, my only hope and concern is that I don't settle into a life of mediocrity where I work a job I don't really enjoy, settle into a relationship I'm not inspired by and put on a fake face as I give a greeting to the strangers I pass on the street.

Do we even leave a mark? What shall our legacy be?
    I just went through this long interview process for a job. The main manager said that even though my technical skills were excellent, I seemed like a "fallen warrior," and it seemed like I had "lost my fire."

Unfortunately, that rings somewhat true.

I had big dreams (kinda still do).

For me, giving up on my dreams translates into mediocrity. So I have re-dedicated myself to do big things.

I still wonder though, how, unless rather naive, or aspire only to climb the corporate ladder, people can think that working for a big corporation will lead to making a profound impact. There are a select few who set the visions and directions for big companies, but the rest of us are "foot soldiers." We are needed, and in large numbers, but not really those that make a profound impact.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

The Super Hero, the Hegemon and Oedipus

Pity a country that needs a hero.

And run from the country that keeps stuffing super heroes down our throat.

And pity the little boys who want to be super heroes.

They never grow up. The never mature. They remain Peter Pan all their lives. They never flower and bear fruit, they remain barren all their lives.

The greatest hegemon provides us with the greatest super heroes on our silver screens for little boys to admire. And gosh they do. Every little boy want to be a super hero. Every little boy wants to be a hegemon.

Every little boy wants to defeat his father and possess his mother, and only a super hero can do that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Ambition = delusions of grandeur
    I see myself as ambitious, not delusional. !

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Ambition = delusions of grandeur
    I see myself as ambitious, not delusional. !
    Delusions are creepy when they are dressed up as ambition.

These days, I'm struggling with managing a somewhat ladder path in order to provide stability/means to and end while keeping a possibly disrupting inner drive and combining the two together. Or something.

I used to want to write comic books, be a rockstar, FBI agent, space pirate... You know, the usual..

Then I thought.. I liked acting as a kid, and I figured that I could never do any of that other stuff, but it might be alright if I got to play different things for a little while. This didn't last long though. So I'm kind of confused. I think I should just be a librarian. Which would be pretty chill actually

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have no delusions. I can fly.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And pity the little boys who want to be super heroes.

They never grow up. The never mature. They remain Peter Pan all their lives. They never flower and bear fruit, they remain barren all their lives.
    You have just stated that little boys who want to be superheroes will never mature, they will have the Peter Pan complex. ALL OF THEM.

Like superheroes are some kind of plague of society.

Superheroes always existed.

Legends, tales of honor and glory, the legend of Achilles for example. Kids believed in them. That didn't make them retarded immature adults later in life.