User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Genuine experiences of paranormal activity?

Anyone experienced genuine paranormal activity or anything unexplained? I'm especially interested to hear from athiests or naturalists.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Don't know if it would be considered paranormal, but, my cousin and I went to a historical museum that used to be an infirmary for "the violently disturbed."

She dragged me along because she heard it was haunted. I don't normally believe in ghosts and things, but I tagged along just ebcause history is interesting to me.

But, I swear, in soem rooms I swear I could sense a presence, a very disturbing presence. And in otehr rooms I didn't sense it at all. Then, my cousin and I were standing at the top of the stairwell and we heard footsteps running up towards us...No one was on the stairs.

We freaked out and ran away.

Anotehr occaision, involving a different cousin, we were sleeping on the couch when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. There's a lot of people in that house so I just ignored it. The footsteps continued, until they stopped right at my side. I opened my eyes to see who it was, but nothing was there.

Not quite as terrifying as some other supposedly true horror stories I've heard. But, that's all I've experienced. Sorry. :/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Genuine experiences of paranormal activity?.
    The keyword here is genuine.

figsfiggyfigs

I'm going to sound crazy; cause I'm not really sure wtf it would be.

a few things I've experienced. but I don't have time to share them all now.

but

Once, I was alone, walking on the 3rd floor hallway of my elementary school in this really old town in Africa.
    The Floor was abandoned; students were not allowed on there , I went there merely because the washrooms there were the cleanest.

I was walking back , when all of the sudden I got pushed REALLY hard towards the staircase. The air got knocked out of my lungs, and I flew forth and almost feel over.
    I was so freaked out, I ran back to class.

I don't know wtf it was, but I never went back to the 3rd floor

MBTI
    ISTx

Nope. Won't believe it until I see it either.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Nope. Won't believe it until I see it either.
    Even when I see it I won't believe it and think up of rational possibilities.

I once dreamt being a bunny running through the forest and onto a road and being squashed by a car, that morning when I drove through the forest I squashed a bunny with my car.

I think I didn't actually remember my dream much, although I knew I had one. And it wasn't until after I hit the bunny that my brain linked those two events together, so I could swear it was what I dreamt after it happened. Even though I probably dreamt about something entirely different with but a few coincidental similarities.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think I didn't actually remember my dream much, although I knew I had one. And it wasn't until after I hit the bunny that my brain linked those two events together, so I could swear it was what I dreamt after it happened. Even though I probably dreamt about something entirely different with but a few coincidental similarities.
    Things like that happen to me all the time. They're just deja vus, I guess.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Even when I see it I won't believe it and think up of rational possibilities.

oh yes I do that too, when I was pushed I convinced myself it was the wind :p. Even though I was still completely freaked out x)

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I tend to find that if you adopt an entirely naturalist/rationalist perspective when you're in situations which others are attributing something paranormal to then you wont freak out.

People have commented to me about how unflabbable I am during movies like The Grudge or Paranormal Activity which have people freaking out or jumping but I've told them about adopting the mindset of study, consider the cinematography, sound track, effects etc. and suddenly the fright is taken out of it.

I've not experienced anything I could consider paranormal or supernatural, not any of the things studied by para-psychology either like ESP, telekinesis, mind reading etc. Although it all intensely interests me for the most part I see a lot of people suspending disbelief in the reporting.

Houdini, surprisingly enough, has written some great books on this topic. He wasnt an athiest but he did a lot in terms of revealing shams and con artistry.

MBTI
    GONE

I used to wish fervently that I were psychic or clairvoyant ot etc but then I wised up. Thank god I am not sensitive or gifted in those ways bc there is a fine line between that and crazy. Were crazy people back in the day in the catholic church considered closer to god? In a way, they are.

No paranormal experiences.

When I was a kid once I thought some unknown kids outside my window were calling my name but when I went to look there was noone. I think children are prone to intense dreams and auditory hallucinations.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari