• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychic readings

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I used to use tarot card, now use angel cards .. I have rune stones .. I use crystals .. Not bad for a sensor who has to use intuition to interpret the meanings and trust it :devil:

I've visited 2 psychics in my past .. The first was recommendation (will always suggest this) .. She gave me a lot of info (one of my kids would draw beautiful pieces and one kid would ride a horse .. Still waiting but my youngest has just taken to drawing, and is good as well) .. She asked me to post a letter for her when i left as my house was right by the letter box .. I didn't give her my address when i made the appt, i thought that was pretty cool.

The last i saw last year was at a psychic fair (i was distressed so was looking for something) She told me my husband would divorce me (nope) I'd move to Canada within 18 months (that was last month, nope) but she did say something which has now got me thinking .. She told me not to take the subsidised housing as i would be leaving the country and 2 weeks ago i put in the application for subsidised housing as my rent is silly high ..

I am not stupid enough to give away info to them .. If they are good enough, they'll tell me and not the other way round.

I view it as entertainment rather than fact .. I like to keep an open mind though to all possibilities.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
charlatans are easy to come by when someone is looking for psychic readings. most times i have indulged in such matters the situation was something that came together on its own. i think about the intentions of the person giving the reading. if they are asking for money i trust them less. if they seem to have information i need to hear and feel the need to tell me, i'll at least listen.

i believe in quantum physics. just like random number generators seem to interact with our subconscious, tarot cards appear to mirror real life situations in many occasions. and if we can believe things enough to make them true, like psychosomatic tummy-aches or mania, and our consciousness affects those around us, than there is a chance that a tarot card reading perpetuates itself into reality and our outer world.

i was once told during a tarot reading i would stare at the abyss. 3 weeks later i happened to smoke salvia (for the last time) and experienced the greatest, most vacuumous abyss imaginable. terrifying shit, yo.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Oh yes. I'm skeptical to an extent.

I say this because I blame most of it on coincidences, I also think many of them are frauds like you mentioned....
Most frauds spill out pretty general things, things that can apply to a lot of people; and can collect information merely from your demeanor.

I've been to a few... esp back in Iraq, they have those blind readers who collect stuff in a basket, chuck it on the floor, start touching everything, and reading it out to you.

I was visiting this one women with one of my aunts.

This women basically told me the most INTIMATE details of my life, things I've never shared with anyone before.

She was so detailed and precise, that I got chills, so I stopped her because I didn't want her going further; I did not want my aunt hearing any of it and I felt like she was probing into my private life.. I gave her the money and left... >< Never went back.

Ever since that day, I never let anyone read my 'tea leaves', 'coffee beans', 'tarot cards', or any sort of " mystical" reading.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've been to a few... esp back in Iraq, they have those blind readers who collect stuff in a basket, chuck it on the floor, start touching everything, and reading it out to you.

This women basically told me the most INTIMATE details of my life, things I've never shared with anyone before.

She was so detailed and precise, that I got chills, so I stopped her because I didn't want her going further; I did not want my aunt hearing any of it and I felt like she was probing into my private life.. I gave her the money and left... >< Never went back.

Ever since that day, I never let anyone read my 'tea leaves', 'coffee beans', 'tarot cards', or any sort of " mystical" reading.
Interesting. Was this lady in Iraq? -- What were you doing in Iraq?

Void

Permabanned
I have heard many stories of people being taken for a ride even extorted by these so called psychics. Most of these psychics are just opportunists preying on the ignorant and gullible. I know a case where a woman approached a very wealthy religious muslim family claiming to be a psychic or something of the sort. She told them told them many intimate things about each of them and they fell for it. She then started extorting the father saying that if he didn't pay her, something bad would happen to his children. slowly she extorted them until they had nothing left then she left. Eventually they figured out that she had taken them for the fool, but it was too late, the psychological and financial trauma had been done.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yes. I'm skeptical to an extent.

I say this because I blame most of it on coincidences, I also think many of them are frauds like you mentioned....
Most frauds spill out pretty general things, things that can apply to a lot of people; and can collect information merely from your demeanor.

They collect stuff in a basket -- your stuff? What kind of stuff?

F

figsfiggyfigs

They collect stuff in a basket -- your stuff? What kind of stuff?

Just random trinkets they find, like sea shells, paper-clips, keys, buttons, nails, etc.. just really small random stuff. They assign them categories, like " mail, news, change, loss, etc", put them in a basket, shake it, spill it all over the table/floor in front of you, and they feel about with their hand ( if they're blind). The estimate the distance from each object in reference to another and finally the object that represents you, and interpret what they mean... it's really weird!

I found this site that kind of explains it... ( I haven't read it all)

@ Beat. I was in Iraq this summer, the old lady was in Iraq as well, really shady area too.
I was visiting relatives.. :/

rav3n

Very skeptical but aren't completely convinced either way.

Used to have a strong connection with my sister. When she needed me, I knew. Same goes for my old best friend. Or maybe somewhere inside my subconscious mind, enough time had clocked off to warrant more drama.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, cool! I've never seen that method!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read Tarot cards. I'm with the person who spoke about quantum psychics, as that's my take too. I wouldn't say I'm psychic though. Just extremely intuitive. I've had customers say I'm damned eerie though.(yes, I've done it professionally) Yeah, Yeah I know I'm a scientist as well, but I never do things by the book.
I've seen a few at work...you know the ones who are for real, and the ones who aren't, but I've only ever had two professional readings and both were bunk. (Before I went professional myself).
The freebies I got while working out of my mentors shop were much more accurate, but then every one was selected for true ability. It ain't easy though. You don't connect with every one, and at times, you just don't interpt the cards correctly. And guys, this stuff about cold readings and warm readings....if it were that easy, everyone would be doing it. Half the time I'm not looking at the person, I'm concentrating on my cards. If the psychic is asking questions, that should ring alarm bells big time. I get the vibe and I'm off.
P.S. if a psychic claims 100% accuracy, they are lying, big time.