User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Unfortunately there idd many frauds out there. Personally, I read tarot and do other things that are considered 'psychic' as well. I started (coz I come from a rather science-oriented family) coz I was intrigued by buying a deck and just testing the hell out of it. I found it to be rather good, especially if I was in an emotionally stable mood, so I stuck with it.

I'm with Lark though. Magic and psychic abilities are just a part of nature..a part of the stuff we *haven't* been able to crack yet, a part of our genetic make-up, I think. And if I'd have to guess, I too would think it's part of the human brain, like an overdeveloped intuition.

Either way, aside from being curious about it at first, the other reason I actually learned mysefl was coz I knew *I* would never lie to myself, and therefore I could be sure that I wasn't being taken for a ride by some charlatan. Downside is..I'm just an amateur, so it has its limitations.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Unfortunately there idd many frauds out there. Personally, I read tarot and do other things that are considered 'psychic' as well. I started (coz I come from a rather science-oriented family) coz I was intrigued by buying a deck and just testing the hell out of it. I found it to be rather good, especially if I was in an emotionally stable mood, so I stuck with it.

I'm with Lark though. Magic and psychic abilities are just a part of nature..a part of the stuff we *haven't* been able to crack yet, a part of our genetic make-up, I think. And if I'd have to guess, I too would think it's part of the human brain, like an overdeveloped intuition.

Either way, aside from being curious about it at first, the other reason I actually learned mysefl was coz I knew *I* would never lie to myself, and therefore I could be sure that I wasn't being taken for a ride by some charlatan. Downside is..I'm just an amateur, so it has its limitations.
    Yeah, its portrayed that way in the Dune novel, the character is essentially the product of selective breeding and genetic narco manipulation in order to create someone with over developed intuitive faculties.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

no dude they are real, i went to a really good one that charged me a lot of money (because she was soooo good) and she said trouble would soon come into my life. three weeks later, my cat was hit by a car..

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT, BEAT, HOW.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Ok, I'm a total skeptic when it comes to this stuff and I think it's common knowledge that plenty of these "psychic readers" are a fraud, but are there many that truly believe in what they're doing? Are they just delusional?

What have your experiences been with psychics if you've had any?
    I haven't had any but I would like to try reading because I'm open to a possibilty even if I'm not a believer but I'm not dibeliever either.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've had experiences.

PURE CRAP. That's what it is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I've been to a gajillion. I hate to say it, but it's mostly crap. Which is not to say there's no such thing as premonitions, etc., but ... it's mostly crap. I reeeely wanted to believe, too, but I can't, based on a couple of decades of trying it out every which way.

MBTI
    ENFP

The problem I have with psychics is that they are negating the possibility of free will and so I don't like them. I have had experiences with psychics in the past and most of it from what i can see is cold reading. None of it came true because I didn't want it to. However, my two friends who had readings at the same time as me both found the reading accurate and alot of what was said came to pass, sooooo......
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    no dude they are real, i went to a really good one that charged me a lot of money (because she was soooo good) and she said trouble would soon come into my life. three weeks later, my cat was hit by a car..

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT, BEAT, HOW.
    "Trouble will come into your life..."
    Three weeks later, you stubbed your toe. Big woop.

But I do believe there are people out there with "psychic abilities". I believe we all have them, just whether or not it is brought out. Like people who claim to see ghosts, I think there are people out there that can do that.

Same goes for people who can see the future, I believe that some people can do that to. Because I swear, there was this one day that I knew exactly what was going to happen throughout the whole day. And it did... And it was weird.

But I do believe that there are wayyyy to many frauds out there also.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I dream about becoming a destined hero in a far away kingdom called Geldar where I battle evil demons and powerful beast in order to save the kingdom and become an icon of hope and prosperity for all its inhabitants, all the while achieving immortality as well as a harem of lovely girls.

Nothing has come true yet, it's all bogus I tell you.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It could be true in a parallel universe.