User Tag List

123 Last

Smile Sharing Meditation

Meditation is contra-indicated for those with a psychosis.

And in my opinion is unsuitable for those with strong psychological defence mechanisms. For instance, if you find argument is your default defence mechanism, then meditation is unlikely to be suitable for you.

And if sex is a defence mechanism for you, then meditation is unsuitable.

However if you are fairly relaxed and in touch with yourself and those around you, then meditation may enhance your life and those around you.

Meditation can be induced by any repetition. A common repetition is saying, "Oom", over and over again as you move deeper into meditation. Or you may focus on your breath as it repeats over and over again.

In a print based culture we tend to meditate as individuals, in other words we meditate alone. But in an electronic culture we are starting to meditate together.

As my mantra I have chosen to read, "Wind in the Willows", over and over again. And even more interesting, I have chosen to read, "Wind in the Willows", aloud over the telephone, turn and turn about.

So if you are free from psychosis and strong psychological defence mechanisms and you are not obsessed with sex, then you may wish to share the meditative state with me over the telephone by reading, "Wind in the Willow", aloud turn and turn about.

So if you think meditation will enhance your life and those around you, send me your telephone number and I will send you a copy of, "Wind in the Willows", for your computer screen. And we will share our meditation over the phone.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You'd think those with psychosis and strong psychological defense mechanisms would be the best of candidates for mediation, no? They would be the ones who could gain more from it.

Anyways, I only got an appointment to get my psychotropic meds Dr.Victor.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I have a copy of " The Wind in The Willows" by my bed actually. Just finished reading it. I kept it there so that if I woke up during the night and couldn't sleep, I could read something gentle to put me back to sleep. One of my favorite books.

I've found meditation excellent for slowing my mind down during periods of anxiety and rushes of anger. Like a bullet shot through water.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You'd think those with psychosis and strong psychological defense mechanisms would be the best of candidates for mediation, no? They would be the ones who could gain more from it.

Anyways, I only got an appointment to get my psychotropic meds Dr.Victor.
    A pre-requisite for meditation is good reality contact. And those with a psychosis are out of touch with reality.

And to a lesser degree those with strong psychological defence mechanisms are also out of touch with reality.

And sadly, obsession with sex is also a way of being out of touch with reality and our fellow human beings.

So it seems meditation is not suitable for you and would only exacerbate your pre-existing condition.

However for those of us in touch with reality and in touch with ourselves and those around us, meditation enhances our lives.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What happened to Harvesting the Now, Vic?

I don't really agree about your restrictions on meditation, but that doesn't stop me from sharing meditation. Rather than doing it over the phone, though, can we set aside a time to all meditate together for 20 minutes, in whatever style we choose? I would prefer breath-following since it's the most common form. I think it would be nice to synchronize over the world.

If anyone would like to participate and needs instructions on meditation, you can read here or here.

MBTI
    ISFJ

What would constitute a strong psychological defense mechanism?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    A pre-requisite for meditation is good reality contact.
    I would say that's a benefit of meditation, rather than a prerequisite. By following meditation techniques, you can gradually shift your attention from your mind to your body and establish a better connection to reality untainted by perception.

Maybe, Vic, your meditation technique is a little different from the general method?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Victor, your rep to me was inappropriate and ignorant. I will not leave this thread because I don't want to share your creepy meditation over the phone. I am on-topic, and hardly trolling. Really, I always thought of you as a friend, but...yikes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^
    [strong psychological defense mechanisms ]

You know Victor, it's funny. You go on and on about how MBTI is a dangerous cult and yet your dearest wish is to become the leader of your own little cult. Sadly, you lack the charisma required to be a cult leader. And your reluctance to expose your real agenda does make you appear pretty sinister sometimes and pretty ridiculous at others.
    This is not working. Try something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    ^
    [strong psychological defense mechanisms ]

You know Victor, it's funny. You go on and on about how MBTI is a dangerous cult and yet your dearest wish is to become the leader of your own little cult. Sadly, you lack the charisma required to be a cult leader. And your reluctance to expose your real agenda does make you appear pretty sinister sometimes and pretty ridiculous at others.
    This is not working. Try something else?
    Let's face it Blue, we are not destined to meditate together.