Chronically Gephyrophobic

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    This isn't worth the effort. Good day.
    *sighs*

Thank you for being the bigger man. Or woman. Whichever.

*short pause*

That doesn't sound patronizing, I hope...
    "Quiiri ath metahn i'ashei?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    If you found God, what would happen?
    I'd kill him and become god myself.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'd kill him and become god myself.
    Then there would still be God.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    XNTX

God renews in each generation!

"I am always with you." Jesus

The word...(i.e. knowledge,understanding and wisdom) always becomes flesh! A resulting new cultus is always considered but not always wise...thus the debate is allowed to continue with only slight changes from the original...ever so slight in some generations. And good and evil? Words only...just words from a perspective...fear not!
    "This fearless one always is the same in essence,however.He is Holy heresy born stout lacking the ability to cower or break.The Universe is transparent to him." Me

MBTI
    INTP

This thread is yet another reason for NFs to leave the difficult subjects to NTs.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Iriohm Bladewalker View Post
    I understand full well the importance of such people, and I meant no offense. I didn't mean "drones" in the sense that a lot of people are them, but in the sense that everyone has a little "drone" in them. Everyone is individual, yet also interconnected, and when you get right down to it (and take the body away), where one person ends and another begins becomes a very vague line. What are we, but a governing force over a collection of thoughts, memories, and ideas, many of which remain relatively similar, regardless of who they belong to. You see that chair, and I see that chair; it's the same sensation. It's what we as individuals do with that sensation that counts.
    Thanks for the clarification

As much as I appreciate you protecting the masses, that is not at all what I said, or meant to say. I'm not insulting people, or looking down on them, or dismissing them as inferior, or anything even remotely like that; I am simply describing how things work, from a purely objective standpoint, in an imagined reality by using my own as reference. I apologize again for giving that impression.
    Honestly, I don't need or want an apology.
    It was meant as feedback to help you better tailor your message.

I'm less concerned about protecting the masses, more concerned about you simply realizing how this sort of phrasing will no doubt come across with less-forgiving recipients.

I've been bitten in the bottom before and derailed my own message by not considering my word choices better, at times.

So if it's NOT what you intend, then it might be a pitfall you will want to avoid.

An argument I've heard before, and one I don't believe, though I can respect that you do.
    I'm not sure I do, actually.
    I'm just presenting the opposing argument of what you suggested.
    I'm not sure which one is more true.

On the other hand, this rather ties in to the previous bit. We, as members of this mess of creation called the world, are all a part of God's mind. However, my point is, if we're all sentient, are we all, in some way, "God", in the same sense that the more sentient characters in my paracosm (imagined world; I just learned that word) are me, recognized and named as aspects of myself?
    Yeah. Fine, I do get that bit. And there are various philosophies built on that sort of concept.

It is difficult to explain; like the Holy Trinity, actually, but if this is true, then, and I mean this in the humblest possible sense, we decide what God thinks, and God decides what we think, and those distinctions are too close together to remain separate.
    No, I don't see it as difficult, it's pretty basic to me. It just wasn't clear in your original paragraph, it was much better explained here.

Which is why I chose Philosophy and Spirituality.

Tiring. The way I see it, Jesus himself was a radical at the time, full to the brim with new ideas that contradicted what many people thought. I ask myself sometimes whether, if he came back now, anyone would recognize him.
    Probably not. I'm pretty sure much of the Church wouldn't. There's a lot in common between the Pharisees of old (they considered themselves the ones who were "serious about God," they felt like the last bastions of purity amid the seething wastelands of a declining immoral culture, and they felt that by keeping themselves apart and living a holy life, they could redeem things) and large sects of Christianity today.

And what did the Pharisees call Jesus? They suggested he was the son of the devil, for one. He even hung out with the undesirables that made a person unclean. Certainly not someone who was going to restore or fulfill the faith.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    This thread is yet another reason for NFs to leave the difficult subjects to NTs.
    That was rather callous of you to say. We NFs bring valuable insight to the table.

MBTI
    INKP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Thanks for the clarification
    You're quite welcome.

Honestly, I don't need or want an apology.
    It was meant as feedback to help you better tailor your message.
    Well, I apologized anyway. It never hurts to be sure.

I'm less concerned about protecting the masses, more concerned about you simply realizing how this sort of phrasing will no doubt come across with less-forgiving recipients.

I've been bitten in the bottom before and derailed my own message by not considering my word choices better, at times.

So if it's NOT what you intend, then it might be a pitfall you will want to avoid.
    I suppose I kind of got that. Thanks.

I'm not sure I do, actually.
    I'm just presenting the opposing argument of what you suggested.
    I'm not sure which one is more true.
    If that lengthy argument I just had made anything clear, it's that there is no truth.

Yeah. Fine, I do get that bit. And there are various philosophies built on that sort of concept.
    Are there? Which ones?

No, I don't see it as difficult, it's pretty basic to me. It just wasn't clear in your original paragraph, it was much better explained here.
    Then you're lucky, or perhaps I am. I'm glad you understand.

Probably not. I'm pretty sure much of the Church wouldn't. There's a lot in common between the Pharisees of old (they considered themselves the ones who were "serious about God," they felt like the last bastions of purity amid the seething wastelands of a declining immoral culture, and they felt that by keeping themselves apart and living a holy life, they could redeem things) and large sects of Christianity today.

And what did the Pharisees call Jesus? They suggested he was the son of the devil, for one. He even hung out with the undesirables that made a person unclean. Certainly not someone who was going to restore or fulfill the faith.
    ...and that is a dangerous state to be in. Look at this guy here.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Yes, because it is only rational to judge entire demographics by a few individuals within them.