MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    XNTX

Wink

[
    Do you understand what I'm saying? We are all, in an admittedly convoluted sense, God, each of us acting independantly, yet at the same time an extention of one impossibly large sentience. Or perhaps, if one were to take the argument further, there is no impossibly large sentience, and "God" is simply a descriptive term for the sum total of every sentient lifeform in the multi-verse. "God" as an all-encompassing force, not as an all-encompassing entity. "God" as the very definition of creative thought, imagination, and life.

This is the concept of Emergence. The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. As an ant hill can funtion as one entity, as the Earth can be seen as one biosphere and described as a single living entity...so can the universe (or god.) How much of it can you understand? If you can imagine that light bends around stars but cannot prove it...????

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Iriohm Bladewalker View Post
    "Satan-inspired thought"?

*looks around*

I sincerely hope you don't mean me.
    No, I mean exactly what I said. As far as who it applies to... you as well as essentially every other human to ever exist is tainted by it.

As for the rest of what is being discussed, it seems like a vast overcomplexification. There is reality... physical, finite reality. Your imagination exists within reality, not the other way around. You can imagine whatever you want, but it will always remain this simple. If you don't believe me I can refer you to a number of convincing albeit painful experiments.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    As for the rest of what is being discussed, it seems like a vast overcomplexification. There is reality... physical, finite reality. Your imagination exists within reality, not the other way around. You can imagine whatever you want, but it will always remain this simple. If you don't believe me I can refer you to a number of convincing albeit painful experiments.
    I think for the sake of the thread you should ante up and describe the painful experiments, it's important to put everything on the table here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Just a joke. I dunno... jump off the roof and imagine you can fly or something like that.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Just a joke. I dunno... jump out of a tree and imagine you can fly or something like that.
    Oh.

Go watch Inception, then, for research; and come back when you're done.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Iriohm Bladewalker View Post
    We are all, in an admittedly convoluted sense, God, each of us acting independantly, yet at the same time an extention of one impossibly large sentience. Or perhaps, if one were to take the argument further, there is no impossibly large sentience, and "God" is simply a descriptive term for the sum total of every sentient lifeform in the multi-verse. "God" as an all-encompassing force, not as an all-encompassing entity. "God" as the very definition of creative thought, imagination, and life.
    Yes, in some ways I could see that. I'm not entirely certain who or what 'God' is, but I can see what you describe as one of the facets of this... entity (for lack of a better word).
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I posted in one of Victor's threads about God as I understand it...

I think God, or spirituality or whatever, dwells in the place of mystery within each of us, and that is what connects us. I need to think about this some more, because I don't think I'm making any sense.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISTP

I saw it on opening night... great movie. I made some comments about it in the Inception thread. As much as I liked it (and I liked it quite a bit) it is a fictional movie.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I saw it on opening night... great movie. I made some comments about it in the Inception thread. As much as I liked it (and I liked it quite a bit) it is a fictional movie.
    Yes, but it deals with the nature of reality -- including the possibility that someone can be fooled into believing something that is not true, fooled even by their own subconscious mind without realizing it -- so I think it has a bearing on your very generalized examples of what is real and what is not.

I was hoping you had some substance to your claims, since it would have made things interesting.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

You are the god of your own world (your particularly introverted Fi driven mental world), as is everyone, though your world is not autonomous. Your world is influenced by the push and pull of outer worlds with their own gods, each struggling for control and expression in this reality we call life. The Muslim world struggles against the Western world, an INTP against the social world, boomer gen. society vs. millennial generation society. Each world obeys its own laws, has its own values, it's own view of reality, etc. etc., and has a "god" or "gods" that serve as the core. For any individual or group of human beings to thrive, they must expand their world outwardly, impressing it upon others until they change to become more coherent, or are completely subdued. Otherwise, the world you are a part of remains inward and stagnant, within your head, inevitably bombarded by the encroachment of others. To succeed in the act of creation in life/reality is to expand your world, impress your will upon others, and give your god true expression.

The strong and the successful know this. It comes down to a social struggle for power and control which does not exist beyond the interactions between human beings. If one world is a checkers board, the worldly man takes that board and changes the rules of the game from within until it is his own, and until someone with more influence than him changes it all again.