User Tag List

123 Last

Default Hypnotic Cults *split*

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    If you have any stories related to you, family members, friends, loved ones in general who have been in or are still in a mind-controlling cult, please share your story, or what you know of the situation.
    I was interested in the cult of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. And it turned out that the Bhagwan was a hypnotist and a crook.

So I was very interested to discover that MBTI was based on the work of Carl Jung who was also a hypnotist and a crook.

And I was astounded to find so many hypnotised by MBTI. Yes, for the last seventy years upwards of four million Americans do the MBTI test every year. Not of course counting the vast number of foreigners who also do the same test every year.

Carl Jung had a father fixation and was an ardent follower of the Fuhrer. So Carl was hypnotised by the Fuhrer and his followers are hypnotised by Carl.

And of course in hypnosis the critical faculties are asleep and no empirical evidence is required.

When I saw that Victor had posted in this thread, I could have written the post for him without even looking at it. Apologies to the OP for this equally pointless reply.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Smile Cults and Group Think

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I don't understand how people get caught up in situations like this...
    In exactly the same way people get caught up in MBTI.

Look - this site alone has ten thousand members and anyone who tries to break the group hypnotic bubble is subject to unrelenting ad hominem attacks.

Of course ad hominem attacks are against the rules, but it is OK to personally attack anyone who tries to wake the members from the group hypnosis of MBTI.

And extensive study of group think was made after the Bay of Pigs disaster, and exactly the same findings of group think and ad hominem attacks could be made here.

MBTI
    ISTx

Victor... Please take your MBTI problems into another thread. It's totally off-topic.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Look - this site alone has ten thousand members and anyone who tries to break the group hypnotic bubble is subject to unrelenting ad hominem attacks.

Of course ad hominem attacks are against the rules, but it is OK to personally attack anyone who tries to wake the members from the group hypnosis of MBTI.

And extensive study of group think was made after the Bay of Pigs disaster, and exactly the same findings of group think and ad hominem attacks could be made here.
    All you're doing is trying to induce your own brand of hypnosis, which is not objective or unbiased.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Indeed.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

MBTI is not a form of mind control. Linking MBTI with religious cults downplays the profound and terrible effect the latter can have on ones life.

But yeah, I know it's your thang.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Victor... Please take your MBTI problems into another thread. It's totally off-topic.
    This whole site is about MBTI.

But what is 'off-topic' is the principled critique of MBTI.

And in particular, this thread is called Cults and MBTI is a cult.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Victor, it is off topic as it has nothing to do with the OP. Take it elsewhere please.

Sniffles

2. Sperg

b. A tantrum about a percieved injustice, a la someone with Asperger's

Jay sperged about how different the Harry Potter movies were different from the books, and got thrown out of the theater for disrupting everyone, then he called and complained to the theater about how they were so mean to him.

Urban Dictionary: Sperg