User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I read him as entirely serious but in complete despair of ever enlightening all us dim bulbs.

MBTI
    ISTx

Either way, I've decided I'm a fan.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It seems that OP is an Agent of Chaos. Ah, the good ol' order vs chaos debate. Can't have one without the other.

Need more Yin/Yang up in here.

I'm really starting to like Victor. :Gives Vic a big hug: :Injects a neurotransmitter into Vic's neck and starts broadcasting thoughts into his head:

OBEY! OBEY!

Vic? Is this you?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso"]They Live[/YOUTUBE]
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ginkgo

Relishing autonomy is liberating, but it eventually becomes exhausting.

"I'm going to be my own man, now Goddamit!"

"Oh yeah? Well what happens when you get tired of bossing yourself around?"

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It just dawned on me why I like this thread so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is an authoritarian site, deaf to spontaneity, quite like the military.

And spontaneity is my dearest value. And I understand spontaneity is not valued here any more than I am.
    :Looks under Vic's avatar: 5,964 posts??? You sure do enjoy spending time on this authoritarian site, Mr. Spontaneity.
    Welcome to the machine, Vic.

OBEY!

So what we need to begin with is one moderator who has risen above chaos, and who had risen above authoritarianism and who enjoys the sunny uplands of spontaneity. And then we will start to have a more balanced site.
    AH HA!!! Your true plan is revealed. So cleverly speaking of your need for spontaneity and then suggesting a Mod who is above authoritarianism.

You just wanna be a Mod!

Victor = Authoritarian in Disguise. Well played, OP!
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    Victor = Authoritarian in Disguise. Well played, OP!
    Keen eye.

For a nice person has an authoritarian personality. And an authoritarian is divided against themselves. They are the classic divided self.

And they only show you the nice part.

The authoritarian personality is an improvement on the abusive personality. For the abusive personality is against you, while the authoritarian personality is against themselves.

But its worse, the authoritarian personality seeks positions of authority. And there is nothing worse than an authoritarian personality in charge. And whenever I see an authoritarian personality in charge, I feel sick.

But always remember that no matter how nice an authoritarian is, no matter how powerful they become, they have an inner weakness and they are inclined to break down under stress.

From the outside they look impregnable, but from the inside we know they will crumble under stress. So it is up to us, not to attack them from the outside, but to attack them from the inside, their weakest point.

Their niceness is simply part of their external defence. And of course we fall for it because we long to have someone powerful be nice to us.

If the authoritarian personality has strong external defenses and weak internal defenses, it is because they are intrinsically autonomous.

So the autonomous person may have external chaos, but strong internal defenses because they are intrinsically authoritarian.

The autonomous person is also crude and rebellious on the outside, while being sensitive and "nice" on the inside.

I think that the authoritarian/autonomous dichotomy that you're drawing is false and misleading.

It makes you look like a savior with a vendetta, fighting nothing but your own discomfort and then venting it out on others.

So you are only revolting against yourself.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

In the interests of Spontaneity and as a show of respect to the ideals of our friend Victor...I'm derailing this thread.

This thread is now about bananas.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    If the authoritarian personality has strong external defenses and weak internal defenses, it is because they are intrinsically autonomous.
    Yes, the advantage the authoritarian personality has viz the abusive personality is that the authoritarian personality is autonomous.

The authoritarian personality goes to work even thought they hate it.

Whereas the abusive personality needs someone else to abuse in order to function.

So the authoritarian personality is autonomous, while the abusive personality is dependent.

In the interests of Spontaneity and as a show of respect to the ideals of our friend Victor...I'm derailing this thread.

This thread is now about bananas.

I love banana's, mmm they taste good!

Smile

:Looks under Vic's avatar: 5,964 posts??? You sure do enjoy spending time on this authoritarian site, Mr. Spontaneity.
    Yes, I do enjoy posting. I enjoy one post at a time. One enjoyable step after another until I've almost climbed a 6,000 foot peak.