User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    2. Sperg

b. A tantrum about a percieved injustice, a la someone with Asperger's

Jay sperged about how different the Harry Potter movies were different from the books, and got thrown out of the theater for disrupting everyone, then he called and complained to the theater about how they were so mean to him.

Urban Dictionary: Sperg

Smile The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm glad you've met some really nice people...
    The problem with nice people is that it is only half the story.

For a nice person has an authoritarian personality. And an authoritarian is divided against themselves. They are the classic divided self.

And they only show you the nice part.

The authoritarian personality is an improvement on the abusive personality. For the abusive personality is against you, while the authoritarian personality is against themselves.

But its worse, the authoritarian personality seeks positions of authority. And there is nothing worse than an authoritarian personality in charge. And whenever I see an authoritarian personality in charge, I feel sick.

But always remember that no matter how nice an authoritarian is, no matter how powerful they become, they have an inner weakness and they are inclined to break down under stress.

A good example is General Peter Cosgrove, Chancellor of the Australian Catholic University. Peter is not an academic. He is not a scientist. He is not an artist. He is not an intellectual. He is simply a military General.

The Australian Catholic University is under attack for covering up child rape and child torture, for operating a corrupt system of cronyism and for running rigged elections for students, and for suppressing dissent.

So they have appointed a General to the top job to defend the University. His appointment is to defend an authoritarian institution rightly under scrutiny.

But when you meet Peter, he is the nicest person in the world. It is a struggle not to call him Sir. But he radiates goodness. He is the archetypical good catholic boy.

In the military his men love him, for they do as they are told just as Peter has done all his life.

From the outside they look impregnable, but from the inside we know they will crumble under stress. So it is up to us, not to attack them from the outside, but to attack them from the inside, their weakest point.

Their niceness is simply part of their external defence. And of course we fall for it because we long to have someone powerful be nice to us.

This is the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie.

So do dine with us at -

YouTube - 1/10 The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972)

RSVP.

MBTI
    ISTx

Well, it looks like my 'relevancy to thread' meter is showing unresponsive.

Smile Chaos, Authoritarianism and Spontaneity

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Well, it looks like my 'relevancy to thread' meter is showing unresponsive.
    This is an authoritarian site, deaf to spontaneity, quite like the military.

And spontaneity is my dearest value. And I understand spontaneity is not valued here any more than I am.

However spontaneity trumps authoritarianism any day because authoritarianism is ugly, it is cack-handed, it is armoured and defensive and obsessive - while spontaneity is beautiful.

Authoritarianism lacks empathy, creativity and spontaneity. So what's it good for?

Authoritarianism is excellent for bringing order from chaos; from bringing order to the chaos of the battlefield; from bring order from the chaos of adolescents; or bringing order to the chaos of their divorcing Mums.

So what we need to begin with is one moderator who has risen above chaos, and who had risen above authoritarianism and who enjoys the sunny uplands of spontaneity. And then we will start to have a more balanced site.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Did you just call me ugly and cack-handed?

MBTI
    ISTx

You can make a thread entitled "my spontaneous palace" and be absolutely, mind numbingly spontaneous if you want to... There's a reason that there's subforums and then subject titles for threads so that the content within will be proper to the direction intended by the thread creator.

I'm starting to feel spontaneous. Vic, let's be spontaneous together, shall we?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The problem with nice people is that it is only half the story.

For a nice person has an authoritarian personality. And an authoritarian is divided against themselves. They are the classic divided self.

And they only show you the nice part.

The authoritarian personality is an improvement on the abusive personality. For the abusive personality is against you, while the authoritarian personality is against themselves.

But its worse, the authoritarian personality seeks positions of authority. And there is nothing worse than an authoritarian personality in charge. And whenever I see an authoritarian personality in charge, I feel sick.
    So you're saying you don't like Fe?

This is the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie.

So do dine with us at -

YouTube - 1/10 The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972)

RSVP.
    Yeah, I've seen that movie.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Did you just call me ugly and cack-handed?
    Heaven forbid.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This I gotta see.

Smile

You can make a thread entitled "my spontaneous palace" and be absolutely, mind numbingly spontaneous if you want to... There's a reason that there's subforums and then subject titles for threads so that the content within will be proper to the direction intended by the thread creator.

You have told us you have been trained in an authoritarian institution. And this same institution trains its recruits to attack spontaneity.

This puts you in a difficult position as spontaneity will be out of your reach without extensive therapy.

May I suggest the Radix Institute of Albuquerque, New Mexico. They are truly excellent in helping those crippled by authoritarianism to move safely to the freedom and spontaneity.