• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the purpose of your life?

Mole

Permabanned
Perfect

I believe each of us has a gift. Doing this gift, one achieves a sense of happiness as well as utter timelessness. Finding one's gift will allow the spirit the freedom to soar. This is what life this life is. Find your gift and thus you find yourself. I happen to have a penchant for writing as well as a oratory skill when giving speeches. Doing your gift benefitting the world upon which we live on called earth. Reaching a heightened state of consciousness called flow. For each of us are interrelated with every other life form. Combining our gifts can also produce the added benefit of a byproduct called synergy or the synergism of which the sum is greater than the parts. This experience is as rapture, which is beyond heavenly words to describe. Only for one moment do we feel like we have experienced a little slice of heaven on earth. It is confounding as it is in effect beyond description.

Perfect.

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The purpose of my life is to question. I don't want a definite answer to anything in particular; my goal is to always see the infinite possibilities.

promethathustra

MBTI Type
XNTP
Enneagram
5w4
The purpose of my life is to become as conscious of myself AS the Universe as possible. This means that in so doing the next step becomes obvious and attainable. From the current evolutionary stand we have...it seems to me that Life on Earth is ready to flower and throw forth seeds...to throw forth life into space literally...the moon, mars and beyond so that Life may be secure from a single accident...thus the Consciousness (i.e. INFORMATION) of the Universe is preserved. I am a T-Cell in the bloodstream of the Universe...ever advancing on Chaos and ignorance!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To feel connected to Life itself.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know what my purpose is, or if I even have one.

It's simultaneously disturbing and liberating to not know this.

We can't help ourselves. Meaning and purpose are our default positions.

This can be illustrated by its opposite when we deliberately turn off the meaning part of our brains and everything comes as a surprise.

Of course we can't live in a world of surprise all the time and we quickly revert back to our default position of meaning and purpose.

But it is refreshing and relaxing to deliberately let it go for while, and then return as if returning home.

I can't speak for others, but this is certainly true for me.

Nice observation, Victor. :)

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think the purpose of the existence of any living thing is simply to live out and fulfil the potential of its inherent nature. To be itself. Which I guess it already is, but for humans it's more complicated. E.g. A tree strives to be a tree. Wherever the seed drops, it will strive to live out the potential in it, whether it has to overcome less than suitable soil, bend this way or that to get the best light, etc. It simply is itself. And human beings strive to be who they are as much as possible. Just it is much more complicated than being a plant or animal because part of our nature is to have conscious awareness of a level of existence that plants or animals are not bothered about. Plus we have choice between what is good for our nature and what is not good for it. Whereas a tree cannot consciously do something against its own nature. It can only be a victim, like if its environment is polluted and it sucks up chemicals from the ground that are bad for it.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not created for a specific purpose. That means I'm allowed to choose my own little goals in life.

I want to be someone awesome. Someone who is remembered. I tried to become a great physicist and discover new things, but that didn't work out.
When teaching, I want to be a great teacher, not an average one. I want my pupils to learn and to get interested in this whole wide universe around them. While writing, I want to be a great writer. I want to be a great wife to my husband, a great friend to my friends. If I become a mother, I want to be a great mother, too.

It's ambitious. I know. I do the best I can do. I've let myself down more than I can count. But I've got lots of help with it.
I'm rather a good secondary school teacher than an average professor.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
My purpose in life is to find the purpose of life.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Happiness.

That's my self-assigned purpose, of course. There is no cosmic or divine purpose for people. But, the fact that happiness is my purpose comes from innate, physical properties that I had no control over, and predated the existence of my mind.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have alot of purpose in life.

(1) Provide for my wife and children, and be present in their lives.

(2) Be as strong and lean as possible in order to be of optimal physical ability when needed.

(3) Make the most of my time in accomplishing my objectives, and try not to be a sloth as I know I have each day but once.

(4) Learn as much as I can in the course of the things I do.

(5) Help the sick, poor, elderly, weak, and/or troubled in the course of my daily life as much as possible.

(6) Forbid wrongdoing to occur in my presence.

(7) Be thankful for my existence, and try to make the world a better place.

(8) Enjoy every moment to the fullest, and project the happiness in my heart into the world I live in.

(9) Help others make the most of thier lives when they show the desire and initiative to do so.

(10) Eat, drink, and be merry! Especially with my friends!

:party2:

-Halla

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other than the biological fineprint. I have no purpose. Everything is great and I won't be dissappointed whatever happens. :D

Biological fineprint:
Consuming and being consumed.

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
My purpose is to do whatever necessary to experience emotions that I like. If I have a higher purpose (that is what this about, right?) then I'm unaware of it.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Does focus on family give a person purpose?

I may have more than one purpose, but the only one I am aware of and care about is this.

To start a family, and love, nurture, and protect them.