User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Smile Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    I believe each of us has a gift. Doing this gift, one achieves a sense of happiness as well as utter timelessness. Finding one's gift will allow the spirit the freedom to soar. This is what life this life is. Find your gift and thus you find yourself. I happen to have a penchant for writing as well as a oratory skill when giving speeches. Doing your gift benefitting the world upon which we live on called earth. Reaching a heightened state of consciousness called flow. For each of us are interrelated with every other life form. Combining our gifts can also produce the added benefit of a byproduct called synergy or the synergism of which the sum is greater than the parts. This experience is as rapture, which is beyond heavenly words to describe. Only for one moment do we feel like we have experienced a little slice of heaven on earth. It is confounding as it is in effect beyond description.
    Perfect.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

The purpose of my life is to question. I don't want a definite answer to anything in particular; my goal is to always see the infinite possibilities.
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

To become the greatest inventor who ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    To destroy the world of men.
    Whom do you serve?
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    XNTX

The purpose of my life is to become as conscious of myself AS the Universe as possible. This means that in so doing the next step becomes obvious and attainable. From the current evolutionary stand we have...it seems to me that Life on Earth is ready to flower and throw forth seeds...to throw forth life into space literally...the moon, mars and beyond so that Life may be secure from a single accident...thus the Consciousness (i.e. INFORMATION) of the Universe is preserved. I am a T-Cell in the bloodstream of the Universe...ever advancing on Chaos and ignorance!
    "This fearless one always is the same in essence,however.He is Holy heresy born stout lacking the ability to cower or break.The Universe is transparent to him." Me

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

To feel connected to Life itself.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't know what my purpose is, or if I even have one.

It's simultaneously disturbing and liberating to not know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

We can't help ourselves. Meaning and purpose are our default positions.

This can be illustrated by its opposite when we deliberately turn off the meaning part of our brains and everything comes as a surprise.

Of course we can't live in a world of surprise all the time and we quickly revert back to our default position of meaning and purpose.

But it is refreshing and relaxing to deliberately let it go for while, and then return as if returning home.
    I can't speak for others, but this is certainly true for me.

Nice observation, Victor.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think the purpose of the existence of any living thing is simply to live out and fulfil the potential of its inherent nature. To be itself. Which I guess it already is, but for humans it's more complicated. E.g. A tree strives to be a tree. Wherever the seed drops, it will strive to live out the potential in it, whether it has to overcome less than suitable soil, bend this way or that to get the best light, etc. It simply is itself. And human beings strive to be who they are as much as possible. Just it is much more complicated than being a plant or animal because part of our nature is to have conscious awareness of a level of existence that plants or animals are not bothered about. Plus we have choice between what is good for our nature and what is not good for it. Whereas a tree cannot consciously do something against its own nature. It can only be a victim, like if its environment is polluted and it sucks up chemicals from the ground that are bad for it.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not created for a specific purpose. That means I'm allowed to choose my own little goals in life.

I want to be someone awesome. Someone who is remembered. I tried to become a great physicist and discover new things, but that didn't work out.
    When teaching, I want to be a great teacher, not an average one. I want my pupils to learn and to get interested in this whole wide universe around them. While writing, I want to be a great writer. I want to be a great wife to my husband, a great friend to my friends. If I become a mother, I want to be a great mother, too.

It's ambitious. I know. I do the best I can do. I've let myself down more than I can count. But I've got lots of help with it.
    I'm rather a good secondary school teacher than an average professor.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

My purpose in life is to find the purpose of life.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Happiness.

That's my self-assigned purpose, of course. There is no cosmic or divine purpose for people. But, the fact that happiness is my purpose comes from innate, physical properties that I had no control over, and predated the existence of my mind.
    Go to sleep, iguana.