User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Not really... assuming you think the MBTI is credible, ISTPs are the "master of tools" so yeah I tend to see everything in terms of "what's its purpose? what does it do?". INFJs are big into personal growth, so for her that's probably quite a goal as someone who is not naturally in tune with those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To glorify God and enjoy Him forever
    Hey, I really like this. Have you always thought this? If not, how did you come to that outlook? Was it through personal reflection, or... ?

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

The purpose of my life is to find purpose in my life.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

To consume all resources in our planet, then move on to another planet until the universe is barren. Like viruses, we humans invade and corrupt everything we come in contact with. We mimic, we adapt, we are self sufficient, and are program to survive much like viruses that invade its host. Hopefully one day, we get ejaculated to another universe where we can start the cycle all over again under the banner of survival (my theory is when two universe have sex it creates wormholes). So that is my take on the purpose of life which means being human is definately awesome and I wouldn't have it any other way .
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    This is really the only important question there is to ask, isn't it?
    Of course there is no purpose to life and that's its glory.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Of course there is no purpose to life and that's its glory.
    Damn, I was here expecting that you'd answer the question. Now I have to pull out my list of the many disappointments I've had in life and add this moment.

Smile The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Damn, I was here expecting that you'd answer the question. Now I have to pull out my list of many disappointment in life and add this moment.
    "The Origin Of Species", by Charles Darwin makes it plain there is no purpose to life.

We are free. And we are becoming freer. We have freed ourselves from the sacrificial personality with the abusive personality. And we have freed ourselves from the abusive personality with the authoritarian personality. And we are freeing ourselves today from the authoritarian personality with the creative personality. Each step is a social and personal improvement.

However each personality type is dependent on the child rearing practices of the time.

And as we have become more prosperous and educated, we are starting to practice the helping mode of childrearing, where we help our child achieve their life goals.

And the helping mode of child rearing is leading to more and more creative and empathic personalities.

So although life doesn't have a purpose, we create our own purpose.

Here for instance, our purpose is the greatest good for the greatest number, using reason and the limitation of power to achieve our goal.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

"The Origin Of Species", by Charles Darwin makes it plain there is no purpose to life.

We are free. And we are becoming freer. We have freed ourselves from the sacrificial personality with the abusive personality. And we have freed ourselves from the abusive personality with the authoritarian personality. And we are freeing ourselves today from the authoritarian personality with the creative personality. Each step is a social and personal improvement.

However each personality type is dependent on the child rearing practices of the time.

And as we have become more prosperous and educated, we are starting to practice the helping mode of childrearing, where we help our child achieve their life goals.

And the helping mode of child rearing is leading to more and more creative and empathic personalities.
    Come now Victor, I'm looking for your defination of the meaning of life, not Charles Darwin . Unless, you're telling me that his defination is your defination and you have nothing to add to it.

You could say that "The Origin Of Species" was Charles Darwin's purpose in life, could you not? Does not being able to see an all encompassing purpose equal no purpose?

Thumbs down The Ratty Individual

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You could say that "The Origin Of Species" was Charles Darwin's purpose in life, could you not? Does not being able to see an all encompassing purpose equal no purpose?
    The great purpose of science is understanding. And Charles Darwin partook of that purpose in Natural History.

Happiness in life is found in finding a purpose larger than oneself. But how typical of the ratty MBTI to focus on the purpose of the individual.

And how typical for the ratty USA to focus all on the individual and ignore the social.

And with what poetic justice are Americans made unhappy by their individual pursuit of happiness, mandated by their ratty Constitution.

Happiness in life is found in finding a purpose larger than oneself.
    Does focus on family give a person purpose?