• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the purpose of your life?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was about 6 years old on the playground. I said something a bunch of kids started giggling. And I thought, "Oh! My purpose in life is to make people laugh!" (It was quite an epiphany for a 6 year old.)

Things haven't changed much, though I think I would generalize and say that my primary purpose is to "bring joy" not necessarily by making people laugh.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
to create meaning, maybe. which is fun because i get to choose but also a burden because i get to choose. but only then do you get to make life your own.

in a more day-to-day context i think something about becoming and bringing love and light.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I was about 6 years old on the playground. I said something a bunch of kids started giggling. And I thought, "Oh! My purpose in life is to make people laugh!" (It was quite an epiphany for a 6 year old.) Things haven't changed much, though I think I would generalize and say that my primary purpose is to "bring joy" not necessarily by making people laugh.

Laughter is an underrated part of life. So one of my purposes shall be to take over the world, with laughter! Muahahahahahahahaha, it may seem evil but it is all about fun ;)

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Thoreau
Life is about experiencing things, living not existing, having no desires left unattempted and most importantly FUN :yay:

I'm not created for a specific purpose. That means I'm allowed to choose my own little goals in life. I want to be someone awesome. Someone who is remembered. It's ambitious. I know. I do the best I can do. I've let myself down more than I can count. But I've got lots of help with it.

:yes:

I think the purpose is to not have a specific purpose, and to freely chase our dreams (especially those really ambitious ones). Being awesome while having fun is one of my main requirements ;) I'd also like to be sure that I have done my best to have changed the world for the better.

But perhaps above all, life is about living. I think we sometimes forget to experience it. So in general I'd like to experience as much as it can possibly offer.

I do have more specific goals, but those are a little more changeable, and pretty much fit into the above categories.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
*sigh* I'm still searching for that purpose.

Right now, I live for my family and I live to figure out what to do with myself. :alttongue:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Laughter is an underrated part of life. So one of my purposes shall be to take over the world, with laughter! Muahahahahahahahaha, it may seem evil but it is all about fun ;)

:yes:

I think the purpose is to not have a specific purpose, and to freely chase our dreams (especially those really ambitious ones). Being awesome while having fun is one of my main requirements ;) I'd also like to be sure that I have done my best to have changed the world for the better.

But perhaps above all, life is about living. I think we sometimes forget to experience it. So in general I'd like to experience as much as it can possibly offer.

I do have more specific goals, but those are a little more changeable, and pretty much fit into the above categories.

I don't think anyone's purpose is all that glorious at the end of the day. Like, world leaders, their purpose was probably just.. "to lead." or "to motivate." They probably all have a bit of delusion and circumstance that put them into greater positions in the world. I agree, everyone has multiple purposes. At the same time I feel that I have a lot of clarity about what my purpose is. There was not much guessing or pondering. Sometimes I think. "Really? That's it? Bring joy. That's lame."

Sometimes I would sit in church or work situations that were just tedious and routine. Then random thoughts will pop into my head like. "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES?" (In a church situation)

or, "WHAT HAPPENED TO LOVING WHAT YOU DO? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JOY IN WORK?" (In a boring meeting.) Any thoughts in my head like this just remind me of my purpose. I always feel a strong deep belief that there is nothing else that matters but comfort and happiness. (Not just for me, but for everyone else around me.)

nadishe

MBTI Type
ISTJ
to live life, to view its detailed blessings,to be excited with the future, and share all of these to others ------->lovingly dedicated to my great Creator

Mole

Permabanned
I have a life project. I can't say what it is because it is a shape. I can feel the shape but am scared to put it into words because I know others think in words rather than shapes.

I look forward to realising my life project because then I will revel in shapes, and indeed I may become a shape-changer. I breathe freely when I say this and I can feel my fingertips tingle.

My fingertips tingle as I approach the shape, but I hold my breath. And that is as far as I have got so far.

G

Ginkgo

Live a life worth dying for.

tie-dye.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
Shaping words.

I have a life project. I can't say what it is because it is a shape. I can feel the shape but am scared to put it into words because I know others think in words rather than shapes.

I look forward to realising my life project because then I will revel in shapes, and indeed I may become a shape-changer. I breathe freely when I say this and I can feel my fingertips tingle.

My fingertips tingle as I approach the shape, but I hold my breath. And that is as far as I have got so far.

I can though turn off the words in my mind and become aware only of shape. I find this a bit scary as I normally use words to negotiate the world. Nonetheless it is delightful and highly pleasurable experience to be aware for a while only of shape. It's as though the shapes flow through me, through my eyes, through my fingertips, even through my feet. It's as though I am becoming the shapes around me, and the shapes are becoming me.

I am so pleased by shape I want to respond in shape itself. I can do this in dance where I dance to the shapes around me. I can mirror the shapes or dance in counter-point, and finally enter into a conversation with all the delicious shapes around me.

But all the time I am in the world of shape, I am aware there is a world of words. But even words can be shaped into poetry.

Inconnue

MBTI Type
TiNe
Enneagram
I think I was made to learn, eternal student. Then, impose my knowledge on others, teacher.

V

violaine

I don't feel I have a special, inherent purpose or that anyone else does really. I'm just here, like my parents and their parents before them. Links in a chain. Being alive is absolutely wonderful and that's enough. (In fact, thinking or needing something more than what is already that incredible is strange to me. And kind of life-denying.)

R

Riva

Being a practicing Buddhist, mine is to attain Nirvana. If not in this life maybe in another, but I am going to try in this life so that maybe in another I would actually do so. (We believe in reincarnation.) Atleast I do.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
My purpose is simply to experience. See, feel, touch, taste, hear, do, learn.
I love the quote, "Judge if you want. We're all going to die. I intend to deserve it." :)