User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

When I was about 6 years old on the playground. I said something a bunch of kids started giggling. And I thought, "Oh! My purpose in life is to make people laugh!" (It was quite an epiphany for a 6 year old.)

Things haven't changed much, though I think I would generalize and say that my primary purpose is to "bring joy" not necessarily by making people laugh.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

to create meaning, maybe. which is fun because i get to choose but also a burden because i get to choose. but only then do you get to make life your own.

in a more day-to-day context i think something about becoming and bringing love and light.

I like to see the different purposes that people see in themselves.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by zark View Post
    The realization to do something great.
    Status over happiness?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    When I was about 6 years old on the playground. I said something a bunch of kids started giggling. And I thought, "Oh! My purpose in life is to make people laugh!" (It was quite an epiphany for a 6 year old.) Things haven't changed much, though I think I would generalize and say that my primary purpose is to "bring joy" not necessarily by making people laugh.
    Laughter is an underrated part of life. So one of my purposes shall be to take over the world, with laughter! Muahahahahahahahaha, it may seem evil but it is all about fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Thoreau
    Life is about experiencing things, living not existing, having no desires left unattempted and most importantly FUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I'm not created for a specific purpose. That means I'm allowed to choose my own little goals in life. I want to be someone awesome. Someone who is remembered. It's ambitious. I know. I do the best I can do. I've let myself down more than I can count. But I've got lots of help with it.

I think the purpose is to not have a specific purpose, and to freely chase our dreams (especially those really ambitious ones). Being awesome while having fun is one of my main requirements I'd also like to be sure that I have done my best to have changed the world for the better.

But perhaps above all, life is about living. I think we sometimes forget to experience it. So in general I'd like to experience as much as it can possibly offer.

I do have more specific goals, but those are a little more changeable, and pretty much fit into the above categories.

your resident asshole

*sigh* I'm still searching for that purpose.

Right now, I live for my family and I live to figure out what to do with myself.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Laughter is an underrated part of life. So one of my purposes shall be to take over the world, with laughter! Muahahahahahahahaha, it may seem evil but it is all about fun

I think the purpose is to not have a specific purpose, and to freely chase our dreams (especially those really ambitious ones). Being awesome while having fun is one of my main requirements I'd also like to be sure that I have done my best to have changed the world for the better.

But perhaps above all, life is about living. I think we sometimes forget to experience it. So in general I'd like to experience as much as it can possibly offer.

I do have more specific goals, but those are a little more changeable, and pretty much fit into the above categories.
    I don't think anyone's purpose is all that glorious at the end of the day. Like, world leaders, their purpose was probably just.. "to lead." or "to motivate." They probably all have a bit of delusion and circumstance that put them into greater positions in the world. I agree, everyone has multiple purposes. At the same time I feel that I have a lot of clarity about what my purpose is. There was not much guessing or pondering. Sometimes I think. "Really? That's it? Bring joy. That's lame."

Sometimes I would sit in church or work situations that were just tedious and routine. Then random thoughts will pop into my head like. "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES?" (In a church situation)

or, "WHAT HAPPENED TO LOVING WHAT YOU DO? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JOY IN WORK?" (In a boring meeting.) Any thoughts in my head like this just remind me of my purpose. I always feel a strong deep belief that there is nothing else that matters but comfort and happiness. (Not just for me, but for everyone else around me.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ISTJ

to live life, to view its detailed blessings,to be excited with the future, and share all of these to others ------->lovingly dedicated to my great Creator

I have a life project. I can't say what it is because it is a shape. I can feel the shape but am scared to put it into words because I know others think in words rather than shapes.

I look forward to realising my life project because then I will revel in shapes, and indeed I may become a shape-changer. I breathe freely when I say this and I can feel my fingertips tingle.

My fingertips tingle as I approach the shape, but I hold my breath. And that is as far as I have got so far.

Ginkgo

Live a life worth dying for.