• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rules to live by:

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
absolute truth is very real. your ego will always be biased. if you think your ego is truly objective, look at the people around you who believe the same thing... you've barely scratched the surface of real honesty.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Go for what you want.
Make sure you're happy.
Also make sure everyone you love is happy.
Keep breathing, except if you want to die.
Mind your own business.
Stand up for the weaker.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The more you learn, the less you know.

You do not get older by being stupid.

If it looks like a fish, acts like a fish, talks like a fish, it's a fish.

Never ask a question you do not really want to know the answer too.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
try not to go against what you think is morally(or other ways) right.

Tantive

MBTI Type
INFP
Use the golden and the silver rule as a guideline, and allow some exceptions to them.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
I've got my rules written down. The major, unchanging things that 28 years on this Earth have taught me so far...Copy/Pasting from the note I posted on my facebook of them.

Now presenting: Phoenix_400's Basic Rules for Life.

These are subject to revision as I gain more life experience. Those listed below are the ones that have endured everything up to this point in my life.

1.) Nothing is impossible. The moment you start to believe something is impossible, you create a breaking point in yourself. When the moment comes that the impossible thing is standing before you, you'll snap.

2.) Never put anything past anybody. Especially if they have something to gain...or lose.

3.) You'll be amazed at what you'll find yourself capable of doing when you've got no other choice.

4.)If you can't tackle a problem head-on, come at it sideways. Think outside the box.

5.) Keep pushin'. Don't give up. Give it everything you've got. Give it your BEST.

6.) Let it ride. Accept the fact that some things are simply out of your hands. Be satisfied with the fact that you gave it your all, no matter if it turns out good or bad.

7.)Keep breathin. Life gets hard. The burden gets heavy. If you don't have the strength to make it to the end of the day, concentrate on makin' it to the next hour, the next minute, the next breath. One step at time, one breath at time, until the weight lifts(and it will) and you can carry on.

8.) Everything serves the balance. For anything to exist there has to be a counterpoint to define it. No good without evil, light without dark, order without chaos. No freewill without fate. How can we call it 'day' if there was no 'night' to be its opposite? For things to happen for a reason there must things that happen completely at random. If the scales tip too far in one direction, everything goes to hell. Balance must be maintained.

9.)LIVE your life. Don't just survive. Find the things that make you happy, that give you purpose, and go after them. There's so much more to life than just surviving.

10.) Analyze, Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome!

11.) Our successes boost our confidence and help push us forward, but its our mistakes that really help us grow as people. Every mistake you make is a chance to learn about yourself, make changes, and grow. Don't be afraid to take a chance, to fuck up, because you may just learn something profound. Own your mistakes, they're just as much a part of you as your successes.

12.) Even the best people make the worst mistakes sometimes. What sets them apart is they try to learn from them. They try not to make the same mistake twice. Yeah, you may not get it right on the 1st try, maybe not even on the 100th. It could take moments or it could take years. As long as you're trying though, you're way ahead of all those people who get dragged down by their mistakes and never bother to learn, or improve. That counts for something.

NOTE ON MY NOTE: If this one is of interest to anyone, you might want to check back on it occasionally. I'm editing it as I come up with the words to express some of the things that I've always kept in the back of my mind, but have never tried to explain before.

Mole

Permabanned
MBTI is rules to live by.

And when our life is chaotic, it is better to have some rules than no rules, even rules that are designed for manipulation and control.

Ignazio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Rule 1: Never play cards with a magician.

Rule 2: Welcome criticism

Rule 3: Never trust a skinny chef.

Rule 4: Try to see things from the other point of view.

Rule 5: Never play XBox LIVE with people under 16.

Rule 6: There is no such thing as overkill when the other guy started it.

Rule 7: Laugh at the theologians and philosophers. They take this whole "life" thing WAY too seriously.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For those interested, these were ghandi's rules

Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
I shall fear only God.
I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
I shall conquer untruth by truth.
And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rule 6: There is no such thing as overkill when the other guy started it.
I like this.

Think before acting.
Have good reasons for what you do.
Accept the consequences for your actions.
Learn from mistakes.
Ask questions, and hear the answers with an open mind.
Don't be constrained by foolish or artificial limitations (most are).
Always keep learning.
Do what you love: you will be better at it, contribute more, and be more fulfilled.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Be kind.
Follow your heart but use your brain, too.
It's okay to say "no" sometimes.
Recognize your faults and try to correct them, but don't define yourself by them either.
Sometimes it's okay to break the rules.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Always be kind to the person cooking your food.