• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the god of this world?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
God is a person who can make people believe that his/her words are from God.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
The American God? I'd say the Self. We are the most navel-gazingest, self-absorbed, self-indulgent society I've ever seen, and we're getting worse.

Such hubris. Truly an American. There is no doubt in my mind that we are self-absorbed, but this is still, to me, a sweeping assumption so bold that only an American could make it.

O

Oberon

Such hubris. Truly an American. There is no doubt in my mind that we are self-absorbed, but this is still, to me, a sweeping assumption so bold that only an American could make it.

It seemed appropriate for me to personify the statement I was making. :D

G

Ginkgo

It seemed appropriate for me to personify the statement I was making. :D

I think that ever since we have been distributing information by the media, we've also cultivated a sort of autonomy that hasn't existed in past years. We now have more options to determine what we want to believe as individuals, rather than letting a unilateral belief system encompass the collective. This, unfortunately, has turned into a glorification of autonomy, which has wrapped us up with clustered opinions from different sources. We have told ourselves that we are not individuals until we determine our own clothes, our own niches in life, and various other things. We have told ourselves that above all else, we are autonomous, but worshiping free will is like worshiping the fact that you breath. It is a subconscious process, and I see that we have made it conscious. Just like breathing, it does not work as smoothly when it is conscious. It becomes a struggle, and a mere defiance against a collective. That's all it has become. It is a selfish quest to preserve an ego that was never even in danger.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
god is an delusion caused by naturally occurring psychedelic in your brains. so everyone is their own "gods"

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
god is an delusion caused by naturally occurring psychedelic in your brains. so everyone is their own "gods"

Speak for yourself... :tongue:

Those natural psychedelics sound gooood though! :smoke:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Technically I would say God is the imagination, because it is the closest thing too what most consider the physical representation of God being. He can do anyting and be everything and what does the imagination try to do? It tries to defy laws. I would say that we are the slaves to our imagination. It is insatiable.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
a foolish projection from your mind that is mistaken for an external entity