User Tag List

First 123 Last

Smile The Word

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    What is the god of this world? Is it money? Is it materialism?
    We worship the word.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Yes, the word was God, but God died in the 19th Century with the invention of the electric telegraph, followed by radio, the telephone, television and the internet.

But still we worship print because when they took us by law from the warm bosom of our family to a cold institution to teach us to read and write, they never told us we wouldn't be able to stop.

Look at us right now - we can't even stop reading this.

We worship print with our eyes, and we are deaf to poetry, to the spoken word, because print privileges the eye.

Under print, the eye dominates all the other senses - print forces us to live under the Eye of God.

And the God of the Ear, and the God of the proprioceptive sense - the God of dance, and the God of the warm muzzle - the God of the spoken word - the God of poetry, have been betrayed.

Print is the hot medium that has led to revolution and civil war, and today the highest compliment we can pay someone is to call them, "Hot".

Print exploded us into the world, while the electronic media are imploding us into ourselves. And so we seek to understand our inner selves with MBTI.

The God of the word is dead and is starting to smell, so we can't even bear to call ourselves religious anymore, so we call ourselves, "Spiritual".

Yes, the God of the word is dead; and the God of the internet, the noosphere, is rising above the horizon.

And here we are, sisters and brothers, worshipping here every day, miraculously outside of time and space, pure spirits, spiritual but not religious, angels of the noosphere.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Lady GaGa

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

This combo pretty much covers it.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We worship the word.

Yes, the word was God, but God died in the 19th Century with the invention of the electric telegraph, followed by radio, the telephone, television and the internet.

But still we worship print because when they took us by law from the warm bosom of our family to a cold institution to teach us to read and write, they never told us we wouldn't be able to stop.

This is where I stopped reading. I should have done it earlier...
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    This is where I stopped reading. I should have done it earlier...
    I stopped after the seventh "WORD" to rest .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We worship the word.

We worship print with our eyes, and we are deaf to poetry, to the spoken word, because print privileges the eye.

Under print, the eye dominates all the other senses - print forces us to live under the Eye of God.

And the God of the Ear, and the God of the proprioceptive sense - the God of dance, and the God of the warm muzzle - the God of the spoken word - the God of poetry, have been betrayed.

Print is the hot medium that has led to revolution and civil war, and today the highest compliment we can pay someone is to call them, "Hot".

Print exploded us into the world, while the electronic media are imploding us into ourselves. And so we seek to understand our inner selves with MBTI.

The God of the word is dead and is starting to smell, so we can't even bear to call ourselves religious anymore, so we call ourselves, "Spiritual".

Yes, the God of the word is dead; and the God of the internet, the noosphere, is rising above the horizon.

And here we are, sisters and brothers, worshipping here every day, miraculously outside of time and space, pure spirits, spiritual but not religious, angels of the noosphere.
    I think this is interesting. All of it, but especially the bold.

That's a nice bit of prose, mate.

I like the way you changed the tone a couple lines in and mixed vernaculars throughout. A kind of language "timeline," and the last concept is a new one. Cool.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Instant gratification and baseless self-esteem

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    What is the god of this world (American society)? Is it money? Is it materialism?
    Audacious mendacity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

It's a Who not a what--the great I AM.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

"The ego is not individual. Ego is a social phenomenon - it is society, it is not you. But it gives you a function in the society, a hierarchy in the society."
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”